Oliver Beene?

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:32 pm
Does anyone remember the short-lived series on Fox, called Oliver Beene. I thought that show was hilarious, but I'm not sure anyone else did, seeing as its canceled after one year. I liked how Oliver seemed so innocent, and all these terrible things happened. My favorites were when he couldn't swim, and when he talked about "one-nad" having better luck than him. His brother was funny too, Ted I think??? It was funny when he stole the "adult" magazine and was talking to it, and it talked back. If anyone has clips from that show, I'd love to see them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 679 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 10:52 am
I enjoyed this show while it was on. I was sad to see it go, too.
I have been searching, and I'm having trouble finding places with clips. The obvious ones, IMDb and the Oliver Beene official page on Fox's internet site, are no help. IMDb has no clips, and the official site is shut down.
I'll keep looking, though.
0 Replies

CharlieRipton

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 05:07 pm
I know, its pretty difficult to find. Also Prince of Bel Air Clips. Someone was looking for those. Question: Why does the internet have more "not-so-obvious" garbage, as opposed to the somewhat useful "obvious" garbage
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 05:14 pm
That depends on your definition of garbage. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and no place was that more true than the internet, no matter how you take the sentence. Shows like Oliver Beene were cancelled because too few people were watching, so there was no reason to think that it would have any following online, either. After Fresh Prince of Bel Aire went off the air, it enjoyed success as reruns for a while, but now it's in the same boat: too few people are interested enough to make it worth anyone's while to have clips on their site. However, now and again exceptions do come along. Family Guy was cancelled, but had such a "cult" following that they brought it back, and now it's bigger than ever. It's happened with other shows, as well, I'm sure.
Oliver and Prince are probably out there in cyberworld someplace, but it will be quite an adventure to find them.
Good luck.
0 Replies