Can I get some opinions please?

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:22 pm
holy ****.

thank you SOO much for telling me

I need to take this down and work on it..
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 01:29 am
not getting personal data here shewolf. when I clicked on heather i got info below

Shewolfnm's calendar

Current Schedule
Heather

When

Wednesday, July 5, 2006, 5:30 - 8pm

Where

Bluebonnett

few sugestions-

people are really really stupid so full step by step instructions, are needed. if you want people to email you with their requested time slot then you need to provide a link to email you.

Would you consider putting on the calender your full time commitment ie 5.30 -8.00pm. note that you will need travel time if moving between jobs that is something clients wont take into consideration. eg "jenny" looks at your galender and sees you are free up til 5.30 she thinks she needs 3 hors work time so she wants to book you for 2.30-5.30.

How will people find your website?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:36 am
I will be giving out the link to the website when people actually sign up for services.

It will be on a business card for them to look at if need be.

When I meet with a new client, I have a 'contract' so to speak, that gives specifics like
-Include travel time
-Minimum 2 days notice before schedule change
-3 days notice for terminations
-4 days notice for new time slots..

etc

So the 'how to' of scheduling is covered on the initial meeting .

From there , having the calander up is a tool for people to use if they need to change their appt with me.
They can look at what is available and then either email or call to let me know what times they want.
They can also use it as a quick confirm if they have forgotten my appt time. I need to think of some kind of combination of letters and numbers that allows each person to look on my schedule and identify themselves as the " tuesday slot" for example, and can easily tell if my wednesday is open for a change if they need it.

Quote:
Would you consider putting on the calender your full time commitment ie 5.30 -8.00pm

Oh yes.
This will be something that will be done.

What you are seeing on the calander right now is an example of how it will be set up.
I used a few REAL clients...( and forgot to take off their information) and some pretend clients just to play with the calander and see how well it would work for me.
I created some that will repeat every week, one that repeats every 3 weeks, one on stand by, and another that goes every week two times a week.

but when I fill it out for actual use, I will have the entire time, including travel and lunch or pit stops , in my time slots.
That way I dont have to explain , for example.. why i cant be at someones house at 3 if my last slot ended at 230.

If I have a job that takes 3 hours , I will block off three hours and 45 minutes.
That gives me time for traffic problems, the chance to stop and get gas, take a lunch break, or run to the store to get more supplies if need be.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 10:31 pm
Quote:
I need to think of some kind of combination of letters and numbers that allows each person to look on my schedule and identify themselves.

Do you use an accounting program for accounts or similar? Sometimes a client will/can be a number or have an identifier in those programs. Its a little impersonal but might suit you.
0 Replies