Webdevelopment and hosting

Thu 10 Jun, 2010 06:47 am
We are going to develop a video/audio sharing/streaming website.so what all are the thing we should concentrate more in todays market...also we are planning to mirror our origin server to a cdn network..could you help me to get a good configuration for our origin server...with all specifications including softwares and all...thanks...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 9,781 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

lazymon

Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:50 pm
@harisit2005,
Just my two cents, I personally enjoy chat with ability to watch streaming videos dictated by the chat host and user submissions. Much like Xfires ability to stream just about any online game. What would be more useful and entertaining is to be able to stream your desktop as well. Imagine users streaming live their photoshop work to other users in a chat. This would effectively give a teaching resource as well as entertainment. Of course there will be kids drawing penis and other obscene images, but it is just art. Kids sometimes need a safe place to release. If we don't give them a safe and affective place then they will flock to sites like 4chan and tinychat which I believe they are doing. It should of course have ability to administer rooms and so forth.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:52 pm
@harisit2005,
It really depends on whether you need/want streaming or just progressive downloads.

If you want something basic I would recommend using Amazon S3 for origin server and then using their Cloudfront CDN service.
0 Replies

Ardaa

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 12:27 am
@harisit2005,
Web development is a wider range of creativity, technology, programming, coding, application, task connections & development. Web development depends upon the server side & data base technology and ranges to build up simple text pages to tough web, social networks applications and E-commerce.
Web page is a hosting platform and web hosting provides the hosting services to seller which provides the place to store of web pages and files. The benefit of Web Hosting Services is stored document, games, images, applications & E-commerce websites.
0 Replies