hitchhiker

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:25 am
I learned that there are still some hitchhiker in western country in my textbook.It's impossible in our country.I think it is dangerous.But I am very curious about it.Can you tell me something exciting about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,099 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:00 pm
It is illegal in some places and on some roads. Not sure if that excites you. Are you asking for anyone with a hitchhiking story to share it with you?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:21 pm
I have an 18 year old female hitchhiker locked in my trunk right now. Is that exciting?
0 Replies

sprint516

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:02 am
I want try it.But is it dangerous?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:30 am
Well, my trunk can get pretty hot...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:31 am
sprint516 wrote:
I want try it.But is it dangerous?

It can be dangerous--however, no one here can comment upon it unless we know what country you intend to hitchhike in. Even then, we may no know the answer. Hitch-hiking used to be common in the United States--it is no longer. In the United States, i would hazard a guess that most people consider it dangerous.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:34 am
Could be a tight fit with that other hitchhiker already in there, too.

It's as dangerous for the person that picks you up as it is for you. They are taking the chance that you aren't going to hurt them, and you are taking the chance that they won't hurt you. Use your instincts. If you don't feel comfortable getting in the car with someone that stops, make up an excuse and wait for another car. Be patient, too. A lot of cars are likely to drive past you before you get one to stop and drive you anywhere. And be aware of the local laws about hitchhiking so you don't end up in jail.
But don't let me put you off the idea. It can be fun and save you a lot of money on travel. Be aware of the possibilities, be smart, and be safe.
0 Replies