Why Da Vinci Code Scares Fundamentalists

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 11:54 am
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but the movie is a piece of ****. Boring, slow-moving ****.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 11:55 am
The book was much better.

Tom Hanks looked weird.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 11:58 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

Which part Momma Angel??? here is where i must disagree with you. I find no place that Jesus being Married would be sinful.

Why?

Is being married a sin now? Is having kids a sin?

why what ?????
I said i do not see being married would be sinful.
Did you not read that.???

I find no place that Jesus being Married would be sinful.

That is what i said, don't work other BS into my words in never even mentioned Kids but sense you did.

I FIND NO PLACE THAT JESUS BEING MARRIED AND HAVING A KID OR KIDS WOULD BE SINFUL.

There is that better.?????
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:12 pm
CALM DOWN. Jeeze. I misread. Sorry.

You fanatics freak me out.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:33 pm
Xingu Wrote:

Quote:
Tell me something Momma. When Paul wrote those letters that ended up in the Bible do you suppose when they were read for the very first time the readers loudely proclaimed;"Behold! This is not a letter from Paul but one from God's mouth."

Na, I don't think so. It was just another letter from the same type of religious fanatic we see today in the form of Falwell or Robertson.

BTW, where in the Bible does it say that anything in the New Testament is the word of God?

2 Timothy 3:16 ~ All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:37 pm
Scott,

I said nothing about it being sinful if Jesus was married and had children. What I did say was that it is something that someone is trying to add to the Bible. That's the wrong.

Bella Dea Wrote:

Quote:
Thank you! And what does him having kids have to do with what message the bible conveys? Nothing. Except love. And tolerance. And patience. So him having kids wouldn't upset the message of the bible.

Because it never said "And then Jesus stopped to urinate." doesn't mean he didn't pee.

Bella Dea, didn't you see my post that says we are not to add or subtract from the Word of God?

The Bible says nothing about Jesus being married or not. That is not the point. The point is that some are trying to change the Word of God.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:38 pm
So Jesus didn't pee?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:41 pm
I haven't laughed out loud at my screen all day, Bella. Thanks!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:44 pm
Bella Dea,

Well, I would imagine that since Jesus was a fleshly human being with all the attributes of a human I would say it is very logical to assume that He, did indeed, pee. But comparing a bodily function to being married or not?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:06 pm
Mamma wrote:
2 Timothy 3:16 ~ All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

This was written before the New testament became the New Testament. What the author is refereing to is the Old Testament. That was the only scripture recognized until a hundred or so years later when the New Testament was being debated over.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:09 pm
Bella wrote:
So Jesus didn't pee?

I think he did. That's why the fig tree died.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:52 pm
Xingu Wrote:

Quote:
This was written before the New testament became the New Testament. What the author is refereing to is the Old Testament. That was the only scripture recognized until a hundred or so years later when the New Testament was being debated over.

You asked where in the New Testament it said that. You did not tell me it had to be from a certain time period. Laughing

And actually, it clearly states ALL scripture. That would entail the Old Testament, as well as the new.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:10 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2068583#2068583
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:14 pm
xingu wrote:
Bella wrote:
So Jesus didn't pee?

I think he did. That's why the fig tree died.

Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:15 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Bella Dea,

Well, I would imagine that since Jesus was a fleshly human being with all the attributes of a human I would say it is very logical to assume that He, did indeed, pee. But comparing a bodily function to being married or not?

Not comparing...just stating that just because it isn't written doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Lots of things happened that weren't recorded.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:37 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
The point is that some are trying to change the Word of God.

so ya think your god spoke/speaks English?

~~~~~~~~

the number of times the 'word' has been translated ... you think that any of today's simple English-language Bibles are the literal word of your god?

~~~~~

One of the reasons I like going to Bar Mitzvah's or similar Jewish ceremonies is that you know that you have a somewhat tighter line to what was originally transcribed <for>.

~~~~~~~~

The 'word' gets changed every time the blinkin' thing gets translated or 'simplified'.

That's the reason I occasionally ask people which version they're following. It has a big impact on what they think they're talking about.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:38 pm
Yeah! You're right, Bella! I am still waiting for them to find the lost gospel according to Rocco, his bookie. Aparently he was with Jesus the first time he slept with that hooker, Mary Magdalene.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:15 pm
I have a copy of Jesus high school yearbook, his nickname was "face"
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:34 pm
farmerman wrote:
I have a copy of Jesus high school yearbook, his nickname was "face"
Mail it to me. I'll give ya $50 for it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:40 pm
HEeey, I am a high school graduate, Its gonna take more than 50 bucks to part with a primo original pic of our Lord. Why the cuneiform is still legible on the clay pages
0 Replies