Why Da Vinci Code Scares Fundamentalists

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:57 pm
Big difference between the Da Vinci Code and the Bible, Doc. The Da Vinci Code's author flat out TELLS YOU IT'S FICTION.

The Bible and those that wrote it TELLS YOU IT IS FACT.

What is mindboggling Doc is the fact that the author tells you it's fiction and people are trying to make it fact.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:50 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Big difference between the Da Vinci Code and the Bible, Doc. The Da Vinci Code's author flat out TELLS YOU IT'S FICTION.

The Bible and those that wrote it TELLS YOU IT IS FACT.

What is mindboggling Doc is the fact that the author tells you it's fiction and people are trying to make it fact.

But isn't it pretty much people that believe in the bible that are making a big deal over the Code?

P
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:54 pm
Laughing Nowhere in the Bible can you find a disclaimer that it is fact.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:42 pm
Follow the Blind as you are my friend and you will see that you have been fooled but if you even just give a small space and try to open your heart to the possibility that you may be wrong god can help you.

Just try.

Have fun.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:52 pm
Pauligirl,

Yes, indeed it is the people that believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God that are upset and with due cause according to our beliefs. There are so many people, things, etc., that are trying by any means possible refute the deity of Christ. If that could be done then that would give the world license to do whatever they wanted to do.

At least, that's how I see it. But, I am not up in arms about the Da Vinci Code. I started listening to it (audiobook) and didn't know the plot but when it started with the plot I lost interest. But, I'm not going out to protest.

Lightwizard,

You are correct about that. What it says is that every word is God-breathed and God-inspired. If this is the case, the logical conclusion would be that the Bible is indeed fact.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:56 pm
Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 09:56 pm
That's not a logical conclusion, it's an emotional conclusion. Religion was created as an answer for the fear of randomness. Those who wrote the Bible, wandering about the desert with sun stroke came up with some whacky ideas like the world is flat and slavery is okay. You do the math.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:02 pm
Lightwizard,

I take it that is your opinion because I am sure you are intelligent enough to admit that you can't KNOW it is the 100% truth?

It is printed in the book the Da Vinci Code that it is fiction.

It is printed in the Bible that it is God-breathed and God-inspired.

You do the math. Rolling Eyes I would think it would be more logical to believe the printed word that says (however you want to call it) it is the truth. In my opinion, only a fool would believe something was true when the person who wrote it told them it is fiction.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:05 pm
THe bible says the circle of the earth and that has already been answerd by me. BUt lets take it a little further.

Did you know that the ancient egyptians knew that the earth was round. Yes they did. ANd the size of the earth is displayed in the building of the gread pyrmaid. IT is a perfectly squared circle. The circumfrance of the earth is the circle that would be squared by the pyramid only the decimil point has been moved to make it a smaller number.

Shoot those 3 pyramids in a row are exactly placed compared to the milky way band of stars and orins belt.

SO dont tell me that they didn't know they earth was round they knew the EXACT size of the earth.

Have fun.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:06 pm
The spirit must be 20% alcohol. Inspired? Indeed!
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:08 pm
are you drunk tonight???? your posts are not up to their normal snuff.

have fun.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:10 pm
No, you boble is said to be inspired by the spirit so I am sure it is the alcohol.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:10 pm
talk72000 wrote:
No, you boble is said to be inspired by the spirit so I am sure it is the alcohol.

what is a boble?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:18 pm
Scott,

You will find non-believers using words such as bobble, Jebus, etc. instead of the correct terms. I guess it is their way of showing just how disrespectful they can be toward the beliefs of others.

I have learned to overlook it and consider the source. Perhaps it would behoove you to do the same.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:21 pm
nah they like to make fun of my mispellings so i am just returning the favor.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:49 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Follow the Blind as you are my friend and you will see that you have been fooled but if you even just give a small space and try to open your heart to the possibility that you may be wrong god can help you.

Just try.

Have fun.

Ok I'll make you a deal. If you can open your heart to the possibility you may be wrong, and allow the great benevolent sphagetti monster to reach out and touch you with His Noodly Appendage, I'll accept the possibility of your god.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:51 pm
I think Scott should pick a side before he tries to convince other people to.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:51 pm
o i did.

I tried my best to prove there was no GOD
for 15 years i did this.

I am now comepletely convinced there is a GOD.

Have fun.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:56 pm
In the last 10 minutes?

Have fun.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:58 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
o i did.

I tried my best to prove there was no GOD
for 15 years i did this.

I am now comepletely convinced there is a GOD.

Have fun.

Judging by your reading comprehension, communicative skills, and inability to grasp basic logic or reason, combined with the unsupportable drivel you hold in esteem as truth, it would seem convincing you of something outlandish would be no great feat.
What you may or may not be convinced of is really irrelevant until you can outline a strong case for what convinced you and why. At least if you want to be taken seriously.
And trust me, buddy..at this point nobody is taking you seriously.
0 Replies