Flash player question

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 05:17 am
I don't no why, but a couple of websites don't recognise that I've got the (latest version) of the flash player.

Actually, most don't.
I can see those those sites - with flash - only, when they've got a button saying something like "never mind, start the site nonetheless".

De-installing and re-installing the flash player didn't help ... as far as I did it (deleted everything with looked like flash and seemed rather sure, it could be deleted).

Any ideas - besides re-installing Windows, formating the computer and/or just vieng the sites in HTML (some can't)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 603 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 12:20 am
Hey Walter

Can you check to see that files with SWF extensions are associated with flash?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 12:35 am
No idea - I haven't stored any (if that's where you are pointing at - it only happens online).
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 01:45 am
If you open up Windows Explorer or My Computer (assuming you have a PC and not a Mac)

Go to TOOLS - FOLDER OPTIONS

Then go to the FILE TYPES tab then scroll down the list to SWF - it should have a little icon and say 'Flash Movie' next to it.

When you highlight it should say, in the section below, Details for SWF section:

Opens with Macromedia Flash Player X

If it does then I'm no good to you.

But if doesn't mention Flash then click on the change button and highlight macromedia flash from the list, or go browsing for it if it isn't in the list
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:09 am
Thanks, I'll try that.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 12:21 pm
What did I say? "Thanks"?

THANKS A MILLION!!!

Although I'm not sure, if the Flash is working again (didn't actually look at that, because I'm more happy about .... read the following), a really terrible annoying thing disappeared in following your advice:
I couln't run diskeeper on my second drive (participation), because their was a critical fault, scandisk had to run .... and again and again.
(Actually, it always took a couple of minutes to start due to that.)
Which now doesn't happen anymore, the computer is faster again ... and I'm rahter sure, I can see macromedia stuff as well.

So, thanks!!! (The Million was in old Italian Lire btw!)
0 Replies