Is a '99 Passat with alot of miles really worth it??

av22

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 05:51 pm
Hi my question is I am getting a car to take back to college with me. Now the price range my parents are willing to spend for a used car is about $8-9,000. My parents were looking at a Honda Civic because they are good on gas and everything, but i really dont like them, but would take one because a car is better then no car. But price is more important then anything. Now during one of our car searching trips a 1999 Passat V6 GLS was found for $9,400. It is a very nice car with sun roof, leather interior, multi disk changer(even tho its in the trunk) and all the features the only problem is it has about 104,000 miles. When looking at its carfax form it had gotten all of its inspections and no accidents. In short my question is.. it worth getting a Passat with so many miles on vs a 1999Honda Civic EX sedan because we know someone who may be selling that car with about 60,000 miles.

What do people think is a better car and is that a good deal for the Passats or see if it can be lowered.

Anything will help
Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,052 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 06:13 pm
av : you might want to have a look at this website (just click on it for the full article) :...VW PASSAT - CUSTOMER COMMENTS...
i had a 1992 VW passat for seven years . while i liked the car (drove it about 120,000 miles) , the repairs , particularly after about the third year , were very high . almost all parts must be obtained from VW , and their parts are very expensive .
i had driven VW's continuosly since 1960 , but that was the last one .
if you can do your own maintenance/repair work you might be ok , but if you have to pay a mechanic ... be prepared for some nasty repair bill .
(i still miss the car - it had all the goodies i liked , but the repair costs were getting annoying).
hbg
0 Replies