Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:50 pm
Hello!I want to know the differences between western and eastern breakfast! If you have some articles ,please help me .
Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,588 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:29 pm
Lydia, do you eat an eastern or western breakfast?

What did you have for breakfast?
0 Replies

lydia2006

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 07:34 pm
breakfast
I am sorry to answer you so late.
I like both western and eastern breakfast.
But if you want me to say their exact differences ,maybe I can't.
Every morning I have milk and bread,or have some Chinese breakfast ,such as stem bread.
What do you have for breakfast?
Do you like eastern breakfast?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:44 pm
Re: breakfast
lydia2006 wrote:
Every morning I have milk and bread,or have some Chinese breakfast ,such as stem bread.
What do you have for breakfast?
Do you like eastern breakfast?

I usually have two croissants for breakfast (croissants are a kind of French rolls/pastry), with a Caffe Latte Macchiato (a coffee with lots of milk and some foam). Thats about it! But other people have much healthier breakfasts, with fresh fruits, or with different kinds of bread with cheese or ham or tomatoes, cucumber ... or with muesli and yoghurt...

I dont know if I like eastern breakfast, because I dont know what it is! Milk and bread sounds regular enough. What is "stem bread"?

The longest thread on western vs eastern breakfast here, I think (there are many..), is this one:

I want to know something about the breakfast in Western area
0 Replies

lydia2006

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:02 am
breakfast
I dont know if I like eastern breakfast, because I dont know what it is! Milk and bread sounds regular enough. What is "stem bread"?
I am sorry that my pronunciation was wrong last time. It is steamed bread that is made of flour,water,and is a sort of Chinese food in the North of China.
Maybe you do not know much about eastern food ,now I will introduce some Chinese breakfast to you.
Porridge,conjee with some pickles
Soy_bean milk and elaeoptene.
Different parts have different food for breakfast.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:32 am
Hi lydia.

There are steamed breakfast buns that some Chinese people living in Canada have for breakfast. They look quite good.

The Chinese restaurant where I sometimes have breakfast serves a lot of noodle soups with pork and green vegetables. The restaurant calls that a Hong Kong breakfast.

I like to have cooked eggs with toasted bread and meat for breakfast in the winter. In the warmer parts of the year, I sometimes have a pastry instead. I always have a cup of black tea as part of my breakfast.
0 Replies

lydia2006

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:41 pm
food
Hi ehBeth
Yes,different places have different diets ,as we all know .
Now the world is a conbined world,we can eat every food we like,
maybe there would be no differences in the near future .
0 Replies

lydia2006

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:53 pm
food
Hi ehBeth
Yes,different places have different diets.as we all know.
Now the world is a conbined world,we can get everything we like .
Maybe some day the world has no differences .
Do you have hamburger for breakfast?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 12:08 am
"Hamburger" is ground beef.

"A hamburger" is a specific way of preparing hamburger. The ground beef is made into a round patty, grilled, and then served on a bun with various toppings such as lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions, and mustard. (Personally, I do not like ketchup/catsup or mayonaise on my hamburgers.)

I do not know anyone that eats a hamburger for breakfast, although hamburgers are popular for lunch and dinner.

I often have fruit for breakfast. Other times I will have toast with peanut butter and jam.

My favorite breakfast foods are pancakes and waffles. I eat these with butter and maple syrup.

What meal is the largest meal of the day in China?
0 Replies

lydia2006

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 12:41 am
breakfast
Lunch.
But breakfast is also very important,and we will have very trophic food .
There is a saying in China that eating something good for breakfast,full for lunch,and little for supper.
0 Replies