Abortion.What do you think about it?

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:14 am
boomerang wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to explain how our foster care system is going to adsorb an extra 857,000 infants every year is abortion is outlawed. I mean, these people don't want these kids or they wouldn't have been seeking an abortion.

And anyone who thinks they'll all be adopted is simply delusional.

Hi Boomer,

Not sure there's any correlation here.

Has the number of children in the American foster care system increased or decreased since Roe v Wade?

To simply assume that the same number of pregnancies would take place if abortion was restricted seems unlikely.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:19 am
I've been away....didn't realize this was a nut case posting.

I'm outta here.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:24 am
We now have safe, reliable means of preventing pregnancy that were not available even a few decades ago. Open, honest discussion and available, affordable birth control methods, along with a not trying to teach guilt and shame about the natural desires of the adult, sexual being, would go a long way toward making abortion the rare, life-or-death procedure it should be.

p.s. to Boomer -- we could assign foster kids to anti-abortion demonstraters, whether they were willing or no. "Put yer money where yer picket signs are!"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:25 am
So....

You think that if Roe v. Wade is overturned that women will stop getting pregnant?

I think there is absolutely a correlation.

Here we have 857,000 unwanted children who are being born who would have otherwise been aborted.

Let's pretend that only 100,000 of them end up in foster care. How do we pay for that?

Let's pretend that another 100,000 of them grow up in homes full of rage, neglect, or abuse. What does that end up costing us, long term?

Let's pretend that 100,000 of them are disabled due to alchol or drug abuse during gestation. What does that cost us?

Let's pretend that 50,000 are adopted.

Let's pretend that another 50,000 just die from disease or abuse.

Even if the remaining 457,000 pregnancies just plain old didn't happen we're still in a lot of hot water.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:33 am
Setanta wrote:
I'm having a wonderful day, especially in light of the amusement you provide with the drivel you post.

PR in the very brief history she has here, has an outstanding record for extravagent and unbelievable statements about herself, predicated upon responses to criticism. Then we have your type of response to disagreement: "The utter lack of substance of the pro-abortion position was never more apparent than now." Enlighten us, oh thou demi-god of substance.

Well, since I didn't base my position on the abortion question on Pretty's life or lifestyle ( and probably neither has anyone else) , it just seems irrelevant.

Can you cite any medical evidence that shows the unborn is definitely NOT a living human being?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:35 am
There is absolutely no reason for me to cite any such evidence. Such a contention is not the basis of any argument which i have made.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:36 am
prettyrussian wrote:
It is simply too upsetting to go into details about the procedure...

Upsetting? Oh, come on. Why, just the other day, as I was scraping out a uterus, I thought, damn, this is fun! I even said out loud, as I was tossing a particularly large piece of fetal flesh and goo into a bucket, "Woohoo! This is LIVIN'!"
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:37 am
boomerang wrote:
So....

You think that if Roe v. Wade is overturned that women will stop getting pregnant?

I think there is absolutely a correlation.

Here we have 857,000 unwanted children who are being born who would have otherwise been aborted.

Let's pretend that only 100,000 of them end up in foster care. How do we pay for that?

Let's pretend that another 100,000 of them grow up in homes full of rage, neglect, or abuse. What does that end up costing us, long term?

Let's pretend that 100,000 of them are disabled due to alchol or drug abuse during gestation. What does that cost us?

Let's pretend that 50,000 are adopted.

Let's pretend that another 50,000 just die from disease or abuse.

Even if the remaining 457,000 pregnancies just plain old didn't happen we're still in a lot of hot water.

Hi Boomer,

Let's not pretend.

Where is your evidence that there is a correlation?

Where is your evidence that foster care experienced a decrease after Roe v Wade?

Did the total number of pregnancies (those carried to term and those not) increase or decrease after Roe v Wade?

Let's not pretend.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:38 am
Setanta wrote:
There is absolutely no reason for me to cite any such evidence. Such a contention is not the basis of any argument which i have made.

Not a prob. Take good care.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:40 am
Oh, i will take good care of myself. Which is a good deal more than anyone can expect the right to lifers to do with regard to babies born as a result of their self-righteous interventions.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:12 pm
I'M not ths same russian who is on this site.I just post using her username.We are all a member of a club for Russian lesbians.We take it in turns to post on this website now and again.As I thought no-one on here is able to even start tyo give me any argumant for abortion which makes mr realise I am right.Abortion is wrong.Before you ask no I am not anorexic and I doubt my friend would apreciate you bringing her up on this thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:16 pm
If that were so, you are all guilty of a deplorable attempt to deceive others. Don't expect any respect from the members here, and don't get on your high horse about what others have said, in light of your deceptions.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:16 pm
And by the way, i don't believe any of that. You already have a history of making it up as you go along.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:27 pm
prettyrussian wrote:
I'M not ths same russian who is on this site.I just post using her username.We are all a member of a club for Russian lesbians.We take it in turns to post on this website now and again.As I thought no-one on here is able to even start tyo give me any argumant for abortion which makes mr realise I am right.Abortion is wrong.Before you ask no I am not anorexic and I doubt my friend would apreciate you bringing her up on this thread.

Rolling Eyes

At the very least, come up with a plausible lie.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:29 pm
No doubt many people experience hardship growing up in various difficult circumstances, whether their mother ever contemplated abortion or not.

But the implication that these are therefore better off dead than living through tough times seems to me to be completely unjustifiable.

I'm eager to see, however, if Boomer or anyone else can provide proof that the number of foster care kids was higher pre-Roe v Wade and that abortion has made foster care a significantly rarer occurence.

I personally know quite a few pro-life folks who have adopted.

The pro-abortion folks who pretend to care more about these kids by killing them have a long way to go to convince anyone.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:36 pm
OK.
So let me get this straight.

A lesbian, is saying that abortion is wrong?
And you .. dearest lesbian, are going to say it is sinful, murderous, and wrong? YOU dearest lesbian who is going against all natural sexual instincts by sleeping with someone of the same sex.

You oh lesbian who will lay back and scream that people are judging you for your 'personal' choices.

You oh lesbian who wont be accepted in churches because even THEY think you are wrong...

Have the audacity to stand up and tell people you don't even know that they are wrong for having an abortion?

Why don't you get your pompous head out of your ass ?

If you are in deed telling the truth, and you are a lesbian, I wish you luck in having that baby.
I wish you luck when society mocks you lickety split after child birth for being the butch or the bitch in your relationship.

I wish you the best when you try to take your child to school and other people hold their children away so they don't catch your Gay gene..

I hope others treat you with such close minded idiocy as you are treating other women right now.

Get off your high horse darling because it has a penis.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:36 pm
Real life, tell that to a child who's arms are covered in cigarette burns, who's only concept of "love" is a night without a beating. Tell that to the child who spends his/her spare time watching mom shoot up before heading to the welfare office to pick up her next fix.

The point is not that we care so much about these babies we want to kill them. Although yes, most people I know would prefer to be dead than tortured and unloved.

It's about it being legal so that women aren't in bathrooms paying some crack dealer $50 and a blow job to terminate her pregnancy. Abortion will always happen. It always has and it always will.

Don't bring your religion in here and tell all of us that because YOU believe it's murder, we all should.

Personally, I do think it's morally wrong. But that means I will never have an abortion. It doesn't mean that every other person on this planet will not have one. They'll do it if its legal or not.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:39 pm
The answer is simple.

If you dont think abortion is 'right' dont have one.

But noone needs to attempt to beat a woman up for making that choice for herself.

Noone controls anothers behaviors.
Noone speaks for another persons body.

If you dont like it, dont do it.
But keep your beliefs off of and out of, other peoples bodies.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:53 pm
real life wrote:
The pro-abortion folks

There is no such thing. Nobody WANTS to go through an abortion. But it's their choice. Tough **** if you don't like that.

{goes back to uterus-scraping}
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:55 pm
kickycan wrote:

{goes back to uterus-scraping}

I bet that makes it all shiny clean in there huh?
You could almost eat off of it..
0 Replies