Abortion.What do you think about it?

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:50 am
I am a lesbian who is currently pregnant by a sperm donor(a friend of mine).Now that I am pregnant I simply cannot understand how any woman could want to destroy her own baby through abortion.I know it is a sensitive subject but I cannot help but feel that women that have abortions are evil.How could they kill their unborn baby that is growing inside them?Are they just convincing themselves it is alright?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 32,139 • Replies: 855
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:57 am
I started to write what I thought then realised it makes no sense.
Its down to the individual circumstances.
All I will say is that I suppose it depends on if yo are the maternal type adn therefore wont bond to the unborn child, also those that do have an abortion may go through with it but its not an easy thing to do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:02 am
Re: Abortion.What do you think about it?
prettyrussian wrote:
I am a lesbian who is currently pregnant by a sperm donor(a friend of mine).Now that I am pregnant I simply cannot understand how any woman could want to destroy her own baby through abortion.I know it is a sensitive subject but I cannot help but feel that women that have abortions are evil.How could they kill their unborn baby that is growing inside them?Are they just convincing themselves it is alright?

Grow up!

There are people who think you are "evil" because of your sexual orientation.

They are full of shyt....and so are you for judging women who opt for an abortion as evil.

Continue your pregnancy and have your baby. Let others decide for themselves how they will deal with their pregnancies.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:08 am
prettyrussian-
I think its a normal, common thing for any woman going through this to anguish about it - I will never really know, but I imagine its a wrenching decision to have to make. I can only guess, but I would be willing to bet that very very few women make the decision to abort as completely casually as an outsider might think. Your very strong feelings about women who choose to abort are understandable because you are experiencing a wanted pregnancy, but it really is something each woman has to decide for themselves.
prettyrussian

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:19 am
I just feel that even if this baby was unwanted if it was going to be born with a disability I would opt for adoption instead.As a doctor I understand exactly how abortions are performed(although I have never done one)and as a result I know how evil they are.It is not true that the baby is just a foetus,can feel no
pain,etc.This is just what woman who have abortions WANT to believe.At the end of the day they have killed their own child.That can't be alright surely?
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:20 am
Can I just say(going off topic a bit) snood you have answered a few of my questions now and I must say you answer very well.Always seeing both sides of the argument.I am not sure I could be as fair as you so thank you!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:23 am
I have trouble disconnecting abortion from murder.
I dont support abortions but if its the only option once pregnant then its wrong to make the women feel bad.
Im totally PRO contraception to try an prevent pregnancy in the first place.

But as already said, you have a wanted pregnancy, those who abort obviously dont want a child or dont want to be seen as pregnant.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:29 am
Then it is their fault.However even in the case of rape abortion is not acceptable.I probobly know more about abortion than anyone on this site and I know it is wrong.It is simply too upsetting to go into details about the procedure but I think women that have abortions and know exactly what they are doing are evil.Only an evil women would want to kill her own flesh and blood!I couldn't do it.Many women
who have had abortions get angry if you say anything against abortion simply because it ruins their false image of abortion as acceptable.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:32 am
Whats the procedure then?

As far as I heard its a case of taking a pill, not an operation.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:40 am
prettyrussian wrote:
I just feel that even if this baby was unwanted if it was going to be born with a disability I would opt for adoption instead.As a doctor I understand exactly how abortions are performed(although I have never done one)and as a result I know how evil they are.It is not true that the baby is just a foetus,can feel no
pain,etc.This is just what woman who have abortions WANT to believe.At the end of the day they have killed their own child.That can't be alright surely?

There's plenty of "evil" going on here...and a lot of it is coming from you.

If you truly are a doctor...and I rather suspect you are not...you must not be an especially good doctor.

Grow up!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:41 am
prettyrussian wrote:

There's plenty of "evil" going on here...and a lot of it is coming from you.

If you truly are a doctor...and I rather suspect you are not...you must not be an especially good doctor.

Grow up!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:44 am
prettyrusiian, are you a vegetarian?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:45 am
Re: Abortion.What do you think about it?
prettyrussian wrote:

ahem...Excuse me....

Are you the same prettyrussion who is 5'6" and weighs 96 lbs, and is upset because your partner won't support you in losing weight?

The same one who will not go to a doctor because there's nothing wrong with you, you're just fat?

Did you get the do it yourself sperm donor kit off of amazon.com? I think it was a super special and they didn't charge shipping.

lordy lord.

fasten your seatbelts folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:51 am
Oh jeez, I didn't realize that on top of everything else, you're a doctor!

No wonder you don't have to go to a doc to see about your weight, you can see yourself!

Did you artificially inseminate yourself too?

So Dr. prussian, will I be able to play the violin when I get my arm out of this cast?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:34 am
This is probably the most common tactic to be used by those who support abortion:

Slam, smear and otherwise make the person who has a pro-life position to be the issue discussed, instead of discussing abortion itself.

The utter lack of substance of the pro-abortion position was never more apparent than now.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:39 am
Given that the member in question has made quite a few dubious and extravagent claims about herself and her life's situation in other threads than this, you are hitching your wagon, dear "real life," to a very questionable star. Read Chai's posts again--this member has flung out claims about herself in other threads which are very suspicious, especially an apparent propensity to assert a special circumstance for herself when she is challenged. The contention in this thread that she is a physician is an example of that technique on her part. In fact, i've started a satirical thread based upon this nonsense.

I am not surprised, however, to see that your blind adherence to religious doctrine leads you to slander those with whom you disagree.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:59 am
I've slandered no one.

I simply point out that trashing Pretty's person or personality does nothing to advance the pro-abortion position.

Hope you are having a great day.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:01 am
I'm having a wonderful day, especially in light of the amusement you provide with the drivel you post.

PR in the very brief history she has here, has an outstanding record for extravagent and unbelievable statements about herself, predicated upon responses to criticism. Then we have your type of response to disagreement: "The utter lack of substance of the pro-abortion position was never more apparent than now." Enlighten us, oh thou demi-god of substance.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:03 am
I'm still waiting for someone to explain how our foster care system is going to adsorb an extra 857,000 infants every year is abortion is outlawed. I mean, these people don't want these kids or they wouldn't have been seeking an abortion.

And anyone who thinks they'll all be adopted is simply delusional.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:05 am
You can bet your last dollar that the loud-mouthed christian "right to lifers" are going to shell out one red cent to support any babies born because of successful interventions on their part.

"Right to Life" movement, thy name is Hypocricy.
0 Replies