How is my driving?

Linkat

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 07:24 am
Ha ha - try Mass. I drive to Boston every day - can't beat that for rude drivers.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 07:33 am
You may have us beat for rude, but I would contend we have more just plain bad drivers. I was behind a car on the way home from work yesterday. This car started out by pulling out in front of me from a side street in a 50 mph zone. It slowly accelerated up to 35, and stayed there, swerving around the lane. Shortly, a line of 10 built up behind me (I counted at a stoplight). There was, of course, no way to pass because of traffic. This joker proceeds to bop along down the road at 15 under the limit, until we finally get to a point where the road divides and splits into four lanes. I stay in my lane, praying the person in front of me will change lanes and get out of the way, and expecting everyone behind me to be hitting the gas to blow by the car in the new lane. Sure enough, they do. But just then, this guy decides to change lanes, with no signal, and by nailing the gas and whipping the wheel to get over. He nearly caused a 12 car pileup, counting myself and himself.
No cell phone, nothing visibly wrong or causing distraction. Didn't appear to be drunk. Just a horrid driver. He made no hand gestures at the people that honked, didn't even look around. Just kept on like no one else was there.
I programmed in the police department's non-emergency phone number to my cell when I got home.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 08:08 am
I can't STAND people who pull out in front of you and make you slam on your brakes. AKA SlowAss McGee. If you don't have time to accelerate up to the speed limit before I am on your ass, DON'T PULL OUT ASSCLOWN! Not to mention the people whowho turn left into the turning lane from a parking lot while you are trying to get INTO the turning lane to pull into the parking lot and they are completely oblivious that they are about to ram you right in the side...this happens to me at least once a week where I have to lay on my horn to get their attention to say "Hello! I am right here! You can't pull out right now!" Dickweeds.

The other thing I hate is AssMan FastDriver. The guy who rides your ass for miles even though the lane next to you is open to pass and you are driving the speed limit or just a bit over. Sometimes, when there isn't a lot of traffic, I will drive in the lane I choose. I own just as much of the road as the next guy and if you can get around me if I am only driving the speed limit, I think I should be able to drive in whatever lane I want to drive in. Get off my ass dude! Pass me already!!! If you are in such a f*cking hurry, go around me! Ugh.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:39 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Wisconsin. Come on up. We've plenty of bad drivers around here.

YIKES! I lived there, TWICE!

Each time over the winter.

First time in Sussex
2nd time in Brook something or other....? Right outside of Milwaukee.

Brookfield!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:42 am
Over the winter. No wonder you moved. And you'll have some idea of what I'm talking about with the drivers around here. There's nothing like travelling at a nice steady, safe speed on a snow covered road only to have someone doing twice the speed of sound blow by you in the next lane. Makes you feel real safe.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:46 am
assclown.... Laughing
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:53 am
Chai Tea wrote:
assclown.... Laughing

You do know, I see. Very Happy
I once had someone pass me when the snow was so deep on the road, you literally couldn't tell where the edge of the road was except to watch for telephone poles. On a highway near my old hometown. I was doing about 10, this person whips by like it's a warm sunny day.
About 15 minutes later, I passed their overturned jeep off the road. The police were there, and no one was hurt.
I couldn't help but smile as I drove by.
0 Replies