Da Vinci Exhibition.

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:15 am
Yes, he was real, its not just the name of a book or a film.

For those in the UK who are a fan, there will be a Da Vinci exhibition on at the V&A in September '06 to January 07.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,477 • Replies: 42
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:16 am
Don't forget to look for the hidden meanings in all of his work!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:20 am
I think it has more to do with his scientific work, like the tank, helicopter, human anatomy, scuba diving gear, rather than having The Last Supper brought over here piece by piece.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:24 am
That's okay. I'm sure if you look hard enough, and are drunk, you can find his work to have hidden meaning for just about anything. Just ask the church. Conspiracy theorists unite!

I wish I could get there to see it. I do love his work and would like to see it myself some day instead of just in books and on TV.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:32 am
Well, his notes are written in Italian and in mirror image so I think Im gona have trouble reading anything.

His pictures will be amazing I reckon, no need for conspiracy theories there,just top class talent and years of studying.

By the way, I prefer the alternate story 'conjured' up by 'that' book/film.
I cant work out if yuo are fore it or against it, basically, if yuo want an argument, ya got one.Pud 'em up, pud em up.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:39 am
Just having some fun at the expensive of anyone who takes the book/film too seriously. I am a fan of Dan Brown's work, and I think the DaVinci Code is a neat story, but that's all it is. It's not even a theory. The theory is what he based his work on. I am, though, a fan of all the controversy it stirred up. Anything that shakes the church's branches is fine with me.
As for good ol' Leo, I have never had the opportunity to see his work for myself. I would like to see it someday, but finances prevent me from travelling for now (saving for a new car and then setting aside for a down payment on a house will drain you). So, unless they bring an exhibit to Milwaukee or Chicago, odds are I can't go.
Still, if you want to fight about something, that's cool, too. Very Happy I've never hit a material girl, but I'm willing to try. :wink:
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:48 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
I've never hit a material girl, but I'm willing to try. :wink:

Id like to see you try it!!!

Im only sayin that because you are miles away.

So I take it you dont follow a religion.
All I can say is that no one can proove to me that the Bible is real so Browns book is equal.
Even before the book/film came out I found it hard to believe that Jesus was meant to be this 'untouchable' being.When i read the book I couldnt believe it, someone had actually pinpointed my missing link,Why I didnt allow myself to think he was married Il never know.Maybe as its been said, 2,000 years of being repeatedly told one thing will make you belive it.
It more sense to me that he was married with kids.

Lets not argue, lets agree to disagree if thats the case.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:55 am
You are right, no religion. I am, in fact, an atheist.
I find it hard to believe he wasn't married, either. I tried to have that question answered over in the "Proof of Jesus' Reserection" thread, but you'd have to read that for yourself to see the answers given to me. Some questions got answered, others didn't. I do find the whole thing very interesting, though.
I guess we have nothing to disagree about. That works for me. Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:05 am
Dam it, why cant we argue like normal people!!!!

Surely people from his religion, Jewish and the one that branched off from him,Christianity(is that what its called? I get confused)both agree with marriage and certainly marriage before sex so what are they complaining about!!

I cant remember life before the 'revelation'.From now on JC was a cool dad with a foxy wife and a gorgeous daughter and he was happy.

Tho, I have an interesting question for you.

I got muddled when I watched the film.
Was Jesus:-
-A single man who healed the sick, walked on water, performed miracles etc.Basically an amazing man as history has made him.
-Was he a King who was married and performed miracles etc and was an amazing man.
-Or was he a King who was married and performed no miracles at all.

I belive he is now being made out to be the middle suggestion, but If he was the latter suggestion why has history made him into a man to be remembered.
I couldnt work out what the film was trying to say.

Ive just realised he must have done something extreme/contraversial or they wouldnt have crucified him I suppose.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:26 am
The view from Christianity's perspecitve is that he was a single man, the son of god, that performed all sorts of miracles and died to save all of us from hell. The view I've heard applied to him by other religions (can't remember which, but I know I've heard it) is that he was just another prophet, and never was the son of god. In either case, he was only called a "king" in the figurative sense, ie "The King of the Jews". He didn't literally rule them as an earthly king, but as their heavenly king. In the book, he's made out to be a married man, a great prophet who was exalted to diety status at the Council of Nicea so that the prophecies would appear to be fulfilled. He had at least one child with Mary, and the bloodline lives on to this day. We know them as the Merovingians. I would have to read the book again to be sure, but I don't recall them mentioning the miracles he was supposed to have performed, but since other prophets were to have performed them, too, it was probably not disputed. Seems everyone was a magician back then.
He was crucified for spreading heresy, preaching against the leaders of the church and claiming to be the son of god.
As for the Jesus having sex thing, you would have to see the "Proof of Jesus' Resurection" thread to see what was told to me. It's too much to reprint here.
Phew! Sure is a lot of info for a guy that may or may not have existed.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:06 am
Its amazing isnt it!!He is just a character in a book!
Does anyone think a character in Jackie Collins Polo novel would get this much attention?!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:08 am
I was thinking, if people didnt exist, would God/Jesus exist?
Also, are animals religious?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:03 am
As far as I'm concerned, no. People created the concept of god and Jesus, so if there were no people, there would be no need of a god. Religious types would argue otherwise, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
As far as animals being religious, I think no. I don't think they have enough conciousness that they would feel a void to be filled with religion. They are aware, sure, but I don't think they have need of faith or religion. But stranger things have happened.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:27 am
You never know, maybe Tom of Tom and Jerry fame is a God to the cats!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:35 am
I prefer to think of the animal holy trinity as Itchy, Scratchy, and Poochy.

http://www.akademik.cz/ias/GFX/show.gif http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/itchy/pics/poochy.jpg
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:36 am
It would explain alot.
0 Replies

meL999

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:09 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
I prefer to think of the animal holy trinity as Itchy, Scratchy, and Poochy.

http://www.akademik.cz/ias/GFX/show.gif http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/itchy/pics/poochy.jpg

Be careful, i can right click
and see the scary website addresses.

mod
erator

might get pissed.

ho ho ho
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:12 am
Heck, you can hit "quote" and see the web addresses. If the moderator would like me to stop posting pictures of characters from The Simpsons, then said moderator is more than welcome to tell me to do so, and I will.
0 Replies

meL999

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:14 am
THE Rapture is JUST The Awakening
The xtian def of Rapture is BS

The awakening to the ultimate observer
WILL always happen on any planet
in the universe that has Life.....given enough time.
0 Replies

meL999

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:16 am
damn
damn

you are quicker tha insaneMEL

oh well

hmmmm
one moment please................
0 Replies