Is her fiance married already?

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:10 pm
A friend of mine has been engaged to a man who keeps
postponing their wedding date. Granted his son (from a previous
marriage, says he) had an accident and broke his neck, but it's
beginning to look like he is actually still married to his wife after all.
How can she find out information like that? I mean, it's public
information isn't it? Is there a way to do this over the computer?
Or would she have to write to the courthouse of the town that he
is from in Tennessee? I told her I'd see if anybody knew how to
do something like this....a question like this has never come up
with anyone else I've ever known before. It's a weird one for
sure. I'd sure hate it for her if he turns out to be married and just
lying to her, she always picks such losers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,059 • Replies: 17
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:29 pm
I'm thinking that a couple of hundred bucks to a private detective would net you an answer in less than a day.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:13 am
Thanks Boomer - a fountain of knowledge as ever. I wonder if
she will be willing to fork over a few hundred bucks. She's got to
work even though disabled, HIV positive and has Hepatitis C.
Fortunately for her, the county health department takes care of
her medical needs and her medications, because she is just part
of a maid service. If she quit supporting other people, she could
certainly afford it. It is the most obvious of ways to find out.
She wanted me to find out if I could request information from the
courthouse records department of births, deaths, marriages etc.
from the town they're from in Tennessee - over the internet for
free, if possible .... don't know. It would sure be worth a few
hundred dollars to me if I were her. Any other ideas out there
among the brilliant scholars of A2K?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 06:15 am
Call the courthouse in TN and ask them.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:03 am
Wow - now THAT is a truly simple response. Why didn't I ever
think of anything like that? Thanks Noddy.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:13 am
Quote:
She wanted me to find out if I could request information from the
courthouse records department of births, deaths, marriages etc.
from the town they're from in Tennessee - over the internet for
free, if possible .... don't know.

You can get them online, but for a fee. A smaller fee than hiring a PD.
If they state free, all they do is give you a teaser...

Google his name...and go from there. You'd be surprised at what might come up....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:14 am
Can everyone get such information?

Here, private data are highly regarded and if the registration ofice [court houses here know nothing about a person besides someone had to do with a court and then only just that] would tell someone about my personal data (without my consent) I certainly would sue them.

I mostly don't mind, but address, legal status, birthdate etc - I really want to decide who gets them and why someone wants to know such.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:14 am
BTW, I'm with Noddy....its public information. So..all you have to do is call the county in which they lived and ask.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:51 am
This site appears to do free background checks: http://www.abika.com/Reports/Divorcerecords.htm
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:59 pm
Quote:
Can everyone get such information?

Yea, marriage, death, divorce certificates are public knowledge...so are land deeds, civil suits, ..and numerous other documents.

Ask a geneologist....thats how half of them get the information they are looking for...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 11:10 pm
Thinking about it: is the same here. Embarrassed
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:57 am
Do you realize that every doctor, hospital, clinic all over the country can see what medications you get, when you get them, how much you use them, how often you refill them, what procedures you have had done, what illnesses you have, what doctors you see, what procedures you've had done, it is all completely and readily available to anyone in the medical/or even semi medical profession. IT is a literal Bureau of Medical information, and they have ALL the information about ALL of us for anyone to see. WALTER< WHY would anyone object to someone knowing that they are married? How private is that in comparison to what President
Bush & the new health code privacy act have done to completely open you your health, your insides - wide up for ALL to see???? I don't understand how you could object to marital status being public information. Bigomy is the only reason I can imagine why anyone would want to disguise their marital status unless it is a man lying to a woman, promising to marry her when he is already married.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:28 am
Before she lays out money that she can't afford, why doesn't she ask the guy, and watch his reaction? Has he given any other clues that he might be married? IMO, if a person is so insecure about the trustworthiness of a person in the first place, he/she has no business even considering marrying that person.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:10 pm
Oh Phoenix, you are SO very, very right. This is one of those women who don't seem to love themselves and are always doing and doing and caring for others WAITING for them to love her back, but meanwhile lettting people treat them like crap. She got beat up by her fiance's children but two days later she was back with him going to a wedding in Daytona Beach. It's alcohol. It's "the fixer" addiction. Oh, he will change, I can change him. Would she even KNOW if she saw the lie in his eyes? I doubt it. Not if she suspects he's married yet keeps going on with the jerk. Some women are so terribly sick that way, you wish that you could help them .... but there's nothing you can really do. I try very very hard to keep these kind of women at a distance ... because her mom died when she was younger, and that was all she had, and I seem to have become mother figures for half the emotionally disabled women I've ever met. It's awful. So whenever possible I run away as fast as I can. But Marilyn I've known for so many years - and she is such a dear, sweet woman. She'll come feed my 2 cats when I'm stuck in the hospital again or when I'm away and she'll stay here and play with them so they don't get lonely. Although my cats STILL give me the attitude whenever I get back home. She is a wonderful woman and would do anything for me. Good grief, I can't help but want to help her out even if she is nuts.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:28 pm
babs- I know that you mean well, but you really can't "fix" her. Just be there for her the next time that the other shoe drops!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:06 pm
I know Phoenix. It's HER job. Just like it was mine when I did the same stupid **** she's doing now. But I do have a computer and she doesn't and wouldn't know what to do with it if she did, so I thought I might try to find out if this a**hole really IS still married, can't hurt. If she hangs with him after that, it's goodbye friend, can't help ya.
0 Replies

Cheri Amour

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 08:11 am
If she knows the county in which the supposed divorce took place she can do an online search of public documents at the clerk of court site. If she knows the state I suppose she could do a county by county search though it may take a while.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 12:48 pm
Thanks, a good idea too.
0 Replies