Rainsoft Water System Problem

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 08:01 am
Re: Total Dissatisfaction

I spent $6773.40, in October, 2004, to have one of your systems installed. Since that time, I have had nothing but problems.

I believe it was in June that I found water all over my utility room. When the service technician came out he found the head unit was cracked and ordered a replacement, which he installed the next day. He said he had never seen a unit break like this before. (Two days lost from work over it).

In December, 2005, I received a phone call stating that my unit was due for annual maintenance to the tune of $300+. I was flabbergasted, as this was never mentioned to me during the initial sales call. When I told the service manager that the salt in my system hadn't gone down one inch, he stated the unit must not be functioning properly. He dispatched a technician who found that when the technician installed the unit, there was a major kink in the line and the water hadn't been getting through since inception. I spent an entire evening with the tech drilling a hole in my ceiling and trying to fish a new line through. What a mess. I then was left with a hole in my carpet and tubes running through the bottom of my linen closet.

On Tuesday, 5/2/06, I went to get a roll of paper towels out of my utility closet and they were soaking wet. I left a message with the service department stating that the unit was leaking and that I needed someone out there to look at it. I was working from home on the 3rd, but they couldn't send anyone out. They scheduled someone for 5/4. I cancelled the appointment as the water wasn't present on Wednesday. I thought it might be condensation from the unit that soaked the paper towels and I had other commitments. On 5/10, I heard the unit running and found water spraying all over the utility closet.

I called Service to see if they could instruct me on how to bypass the unit as my main valve was unreachable, due to the way the unit is installed. When I touched a tube, water started pouring out all over the place. I frantically called Service again and they said they would send someone out between 12-2. I had to run to work and pick up my laptop and drive back home to meet him. Did I mention that I spent over $6,000 for this aggravation?

The technician showed up and found that the tube that was replaced in December had cracked. When I asked how that could happen he just stated it was a faulty tube. This is the second inferior product I've received from your company. He replaced it and reinstalled the line so that it wasn't sticking out in my linen closet.

At this time, I would like to request the unit be removed from my home and my money refunded. The way the unit is installed, if something goes wrong with my water heater, I cannot get to it. I also can't get to the main water valve shutoff. I had a plumber look at the unit, and he said it is illegal the way the unit is installed.

I look forward to a prompt response. It is my hope that this can be resolved without going to Small Claims Court. Thanking you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,104 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:53 pm
Anne--

Welcome to A2K.

I hope you've sent your original letter directly to the Rainsoft people.

A2K has no official connection with Rainsoft. Some of our members have given advice to other members on Rainsoft products and procedures, but this is informal advice.

Good luck with getting a functioning water softener.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:06 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Anne--

Welcome to A2K.

I hope you've sent your original letter directly to the Rainsoft people.

A2K has no official connection with Rainsoft. Some of our members have given advice to other members on Rainsoft products and procedures, but this is informal advice.

Good luck with getting a functioning water softener.

DITTO ~

Contact RainSoft Customer Service. http://www.rainsoft.com/warranty_mail.asp
I would also make sure your homeowners insurance co. is aware of the problems and damage caused by this RainSoft dealer.

Good luck.
0 Replies

lonny

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:51 pm
Parent company
When we had a problem with our Rainsoft unit I went directly to the parent company--Aquion. They were great. Call them if you have any questions or concerns with your unit.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 03:01 pm
Re: Parent company
lonny wrote:
When we had a problem with our Rainsoft unit I went directly to the parent company--Aquion. They were great. Call them if you have any questions or concerns with your unit.

They have been sold.
0 Replies