If your goth your a satanist???

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 08:45 pm
Just wondering how do you guys feel about it???

EDIT (Moderator): Moved from Philosophy & Debate to Spirituality & Religion
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,427 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 09:39 pm
The answer is no.

A similar question might be

"If you're a Canadian - you're a Jesuit Priest?"

Welcome to A2K Bludhaven. Why the interest in all things gothic?
0 Replies

BLUDHAVEN

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:08 am
I dont know just been wondering because i dont know if you've heard about it but theres this symbol called the heartagram which was created by a band called (H.I.M.) and is very similar to the pentagram and i have numerous shirts with it on it but every time some one sees it they turn away from me or act as if i was a satanist.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:13 am
Leaving aside the fact that Goths were a people who came from Scandanavia before Germans were literate, and before Caesar marched into Gaul--the people to whom you refer will grow up, get jobs, get husbands or wives, have children, have money problems, buy cars, take out insurance policies . . .

The will stop dressing all in black, they will stop mutilating themselves, they will stop shopping at thrift shops, they will stop wearing black lipstick and laughably heavy make-up, stop listening to Marilyn Manson and other similiar bands which exploit teenage angst . . .

And no one will even remember the issue of satanism by then . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:12 am
or the fact that people who really are part of Levay church, wouldnt behave like that, dress as a 'goth' according to teenagers, nor wear a heart pentacle.

People are probally avoiding you because you look like a teenager . And teenagers are notorious for being rude, loud, and making people uncomfortable in shopping malls and other places like that.
It more then likely has nothing to do with a symbol on your shirt, and everything to do with what people project onto someone your age.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:18 am
Set wrote:
The will stop dressing all in black, they will stop mutilating themselves, they will stop shopping at thrift shops, they will stop wearing black lipstick and laughably heavy make-up, stop listening to Marilyn Manson and other similiar bands which exploit teenage angst . . .

How would you explain Ozzy?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:30 am
drugs man....

its the drugs
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:38 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Set wrote:

How would you explain Ozzy?

Ozzy has become intellectually deaf from the abuse of drugs and alcohol.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:31 am
You asked..lol

How do you know its just the symbol?

Why would you want to dress Goth? What does the clothing, the all black, the heavy makeup...the paleness of the skin...what does it mean to you? What does it represent to you?

We have a few teens in this area that choose to dress Goth, honestly...they are so few, and so different than the norm...that their appearance is a turn-off for any given adult within sight. Then they want to act appalled at the criticism they receive from it, what else would they expect? Thats what their goal is anyways...attention.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 08:32 am
I have a niece who is goth and a fundamentalist Christian and I think she is absolutely adorable. I don't have a problem with the "look" at all. It is perhaps easier on the eyes than the punk look I was into as a late teen/early 20s person.

But I do agree with MMS that the way you dress provokes a reaction so you only have two choices: blow it off or change the way you dress.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:41 am
Setanta wrote:
Leaving aside the fact that Goths were a people who came from Scandanavia before Germans were literate, and before Caesar marched into Gaul--the people to whom you refer will grow up, get jobs, get husbands or wives, have children, have money problems, buy cars, take out insurance policies . . .

And no one will even remember the issue of satanism by then . . .

I'd like to get a Real Goth and match him up against one of todays goths.....

someone would be poopin' their pants pretty quick.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:04 am
The latter-day Goths are inspired by what's known as Gothic literature and art, not the Gothic tribes...
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:08 am
Quote:

Bloodsports?

HA, that'd be worthy of a Pay-per-View on HBO!!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:09 am
well......I'd still like to see it....then during halftime, the Vandals can have a go with the vandals of today.

that'll teach those snot noses for tagging other peoples property.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:11 am
Chai Tea wrote:

http://www.ostvik.org/images/348.jpg

Not very impressive, sartorially speaking, eh?

http://www.dvdmaniacs.de/images/berserker_bsp01.jpg

But maybe you meant one of these jokers. If he came at you out of a dark alley, axe in hand--yeah, that would be a pants poopin' moment . . .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:11 am
The pentagram does not equal the devil.

Pentagram
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:13 am
Bella Dea wrote:
The pentagram does not equal the devil.

neither does the cross, but the satanists bitched that thing too by turning it upside down...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:13 am
A modern notion of a "Goth" warrior . . .

http://members.aol.com/lotojava/images/goth-warrior.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:19 am
Whoa! Steel nipples!!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:24 am
Gotta love that . . . now, if you can just survive long enough to get that axe outta her hand . . .
0 Replies