ul

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:09 am
I write the shopping list that way too, because my husband has to do the shopping.
I don't need a list when I go shopping.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:10 am
Well, la-dee-dah . . . ain't wimmins so special . . . (insert appropriate rolly-eyed emoticon here) . . .
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:14 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:20 am
dadpad, what's bumf?

Sounds...rude or something, and I'm reasonably certain it isn't.

Do tell.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:29 am
sweet white cheese buns
poppyseed kipfels
cheese muffins
pumpkinseed mini-muffins
croissants
chocolate chip cookies
walnuts
cruesli
grapes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:38 am
corn tortillas.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:08 pm
Getting my inspiration from ehbeth, I too went grocery shopping today. Now I know why I don't go grocery shopping on Saturdays.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:47 pm
Saturday morning is a good shopping time here - as long as it's really the morning.

I scored a coupla good Mother's Day deals today. Gift with purchase sorta thing. Quite a nice unexpected surprise.

Of course, no one in Toronto who didn't make a reservation in February will be able to eat out tomorrow. Mother's Day - busiest restaurant day in town.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 05:17 pm
shopping list
after our morning walk along lake ontario we went shopping without a list .
first went to "food basics" - a discount store - to pick up fruit (bananas, kiwis, mangoes) and yooghurt ; thereafter went to "loblaw's" (the regular grocery store) to get some fish (halibut , marinated cat fish , salmon , a pound package of smoked salmon and a pound of frozen nova scotia scallops) . also picked up the toronto newspaper .
went home and mrs h made a rather splendid meal !!! (there are some leftovers !) .
later felt strong enough to work in the garden for an hour . hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 05:19 pm
The best discovery today was that Vidalias are in.

Caramelized one to have with the cheddar smokie sausages we had tonight. Salad, sausage, caramelized onions. It's just about heaven.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 05:30 pm
shoppuing
mrs h bought the first vidalias of the season about ten days ago .
she decided to stock up and bought a five pound bag of "minis" - even i can eat those onions . hbg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 05:43 pm
Re: shopping list
hamburger wrote:
after our morning walk along lake ontario we went shopping without a list .. hbg

My, what Daredevils!

That always costs me way more than expected. Also, leaves food going bad in the fridge.

To do it right I have to make a weekly menu, check against ingredients I have, and note the ones I don't.

Then I can go shopping.

Course, I'm always comfortable slipping a bag of Pecan Sandies into the cart.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 05:46 pm
Re: shopping list
hamburger wrote:
after our morning walk along lake ontario we went shopping without a list .. hbg

My, you are major Daredevils!

That always costs me way more than expected. Also, leaves food going bad in the fridge when I forget to incorporate it into a meal.

To do it right I have to make a weekly menu, check against ingredients I have, and note the ones I don't.

Then I can go shopping.

Course, I'm always comfortable slipping a bag of Pecan Sandies into the cart.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:18 pm
MY physical shopping list has one item on it right now: cat litter.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:22 am
Speaking of toilet paper, I rolled into the driveway yesterday and unloaded a massive shop of the Costco variety.

"Crap," I thought, "This is shitty," because although I googled before I left, I forgot one item.

Confused Should have made a list.

So. Tonight on the way home from work I have one thing to pick up. That's right. Bumf.
0 Replies