Problem with Rainsoft water softner

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 09:08 pm
First off, I'm not sure of the model. the only literature I have is on the 14 day timer. it say's it's for the Astro, Apollo, and Amazon units. It is an all-in-one unit and was purchased around Christmas of 2000.

The unit stopped working a few months ago. Wel...I say it stopped working. It was low on salt, so I added salt and then the brine tank overflowed. I tried the manual regen a few times, but finally just manually drained the tank. Since then it just fills and overflows and I drain it again.

I take it from posts here that I most likely need to replace the o-rings on the piston and brine injector, along with the brine and drain tabs.

Am I on the right track? If so, what's the best source of parts. I'd imagine that Lowe's or Home Depot would have the o-rings, but what about the tabs? If it's not a complete rip-off, I'd prefer to buy the OEM parts.

I'm a pretty handy guy. Can I just dive in or are there any special instructions?

Thanks in advance.

What a great Forum this is!

[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,087 • Replies: 1
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:33 pm
email sent ~
0 Replies