Revealing Social Security Numbers on the Internet

gollum

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 04:46 pm
Is there a law against posting people's social security numbers on the Internet? If there is a prohibition is it only for living people or deceased people too?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 676 • Replies: 6
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:03 pm
The Supreme Court decided in Idiot v. Brain Dead that anyone stupid enough to post social secruity numbers on the internet should be executed without benefit of trial.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:09 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okseeyahbye
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:30 pm
So, its OK for deceased people to post SSN on the internet since they have nothing to lose. Laughing
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:42 pm
Revealing Social Security Numbers on the Internet
The party posting the social security numbers on its own web site is an existing organization.

The social security numbers are posted along with the person's name, date of birth, date of death and locality where he or she lived at the time of death.

I am a law abiding citizen. However, I believe that the posting of such information is practically an invitation for fraud. But I don't know -- is it illegal?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 07:01 pm
I suggest you do an online search for the Social Security Administration, and if you don't find an answer to your question, find their "contact us" link and send them an email to ask.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 11:40 pm
boomerang wrote:
The Supreme Court decided in Idiot v. Brain Dead that anyone stupid enough to post social secruity numbers on the internet should be executed without benefit of trial.

Riveting response in the kind of "legalese" that all of us can understand and appreciate. Boomerang rules!
0 Replies