Beat my wife? You've gotta be Kidd'n me!

Flatted 5th

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 11:32 am
patiodog wrote:
When I was six my dad took me to a Giants-Dodgers game at Candlestick. I wore my LA cap. And sure enough, I went home covered in beer.

I hear this new place they've got in SF just ain't the same.

Hey dog sorry to hear about that. I lived in the bay area for 21 years and attended many a SF-LA game at the stick. Most of the time the Dodgers were the better team and a minority of the people in the stands wanted to literally "Beat LA", add in the hooch, and oh my! I hope all is forgiven.
Now a days with the Giants the best team in the league and the new Pac Bell park a sparklin away, maybe the fans are more civil, but I doubt it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:16 am
No worries, Tritone. I got to feel like Mike Marshall (who was doused in beer after hitting a game-winning HR in SF).

I'd still rather be at a Giants' game at the old park than an A's game at the (yawn) Colisseum any day.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:23 am
New Haven wrote:
Why do the NY fans act that way?

Because the fans think that the Yankees winning the World Series every year is their birthright as New Yorkers...

Hey, Flatted, are you using Bob Whitsitt for your avatar? Cool!
0 Replies

Flatted 5th

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 11:50 am
More of a celebratory buh-bye D'Art, he's all yours now Cool
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 12:35 pm
Yeah, a friend living in Portland called the other day. He also congratulated me re Whitsitt. Thanks, guys!
0 Replies