Beat my wife? You've gotta be Kidd'n me!

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:19 am
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/128/sports/Scott_not_a_fan_of_Boston+.shtml

Byron Scott, basketball coach of the New Jersey Nets(hehe...they're called the "Nets"), has advised his players not to bring their wives/children to the games in Boston, as we get "juiced" up before the games, and have a "few beers," and are "hostile."

What a wussie. This guy needs to suck it up and stop whining. Boston is always going to be full with drunken, rowdy fans who enjoy heckling the other team and their huge-headed kids(see: http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-nets0507a,0,5610971.photo?coll=ny%2Dsports%2Dheadlines ). What's wrong with that?

Wait, gang. Maybe Byron's right. I mean, why would we chant "wife beater" at a guy who...beats his wife? That doesn't make much sense, does it? After all, it is just stating the obvious. Maybe everyone should chant "white guy," or "point guard" every time Kidd touches the ball. Yea, and we're the scumbags!

Dammit, it's noon already. Game's in only 7 hours...I gotta start drinking. Can't let my team down by showing up sober...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,281 • Replies: 24
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:32 am
Yeah, I saw the stuff Scott said. The only area where I have a problem with it is that the Kidds' son is hearing this from the fans. But, there's a simple solution to this: the Kidds should hire a sitter and not bring their son to the games (which are pretty late for such a little kid, anyway).
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:43 am
Did you see the size of that boy's head?

Reminds me of the movie "So I married an axe murderer."

"Look at the size of that boy's heed. Looks like an orange on a toothpick...he'll be cryin' himself ta' sleep tonight on his huuuge pilla'"
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:43 am
I'm no Nets fan, but they're up 2-0, if memory serves. I think that's the bottom line, no?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:44 am
"Heead! Beer, now!"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:46 am
Not up on the Kidd situation, but if he's been beating his wife, there is a more obvious solution than leaving her at home.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:03 am
D'arg...don't take the fun out of my day, dammit! These are times of emergency, and Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker need their drunken fans on their side.

Kidd was arrested a couple years ago for beating his wife...in front of Melon.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:08 am
Walker needs to be shown where the damn bucket is.

Anyway, this all started with some old fart saying that he wanted to smack Jouanna (not Juwanna, as in "Juwanna Mann" -- that's Vin Baker) around, and Kidd got to feeling all, I dunno -- territorial, I guess, like only he's allowed to do that.

(Seriously, though, y'all are a bunch of no-class second-rate punks.)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:18 am
Look at what happened to Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:24 am
Ryan is the guy patiodog refers to in his post...

Slappy, if it helps the Celtics--by all means, yell at the Kidds. It does sound like your team needs the help!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:26 am
Walker really shouldn't have shot the ball once during the last two games. As far as the Ryan comment, I didn't hear it, but a couple of my friends who did hear it said the quote was taken way out of context. Can't trust the media, right?

And as far as being no-class second-rate punks, I disagree.

We're first-rate punks.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:37 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

We're first-rate punks.

It's nice to be first rate in something!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:39 am
Nah; first-rate for America, maybe. But on an international soccer-riot scale, y'all are bush league.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:41 am
Besides, the baseball fans in Chicago have everyone else beat right now. Running out on the field and attacking coaches and umps--now that's doing something!

Those are the real first-rate punks!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:41 am
patiodog wrote:
Nah; first-rate for America, maybe. But on an international soccer-riot scale, y'all are bush league.

Do you know what Fenway park would be like in August, at a double header and beer was free ALL DAY?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:45 am
True, we have nothing compared to the soccer hooligans. They're not punks, just missing alot upstairs.

Celtics games are loud, but opposing fans don't get much abuse besides verbally, at least from what I've seen.

Red Sox games in the bleachers though...forget about it. Wearing NY Yankees gear is an open invitation to be covered in beer+food.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:47 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Wearing NY Yankees gear is an open invitation to be covered in beer+food.

You'll be lucky is that's all you're covered with!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:48 am
When I was six my dad took me to a Giants-Dodgers game at Candlestick. I wore my LA cap. And sure enough, I went home covered in beer.

I hear this new place they've got in SF just ain't the same.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:04 pm
As far as I'm concerned, anyone wearing a Yankees cap in another stadium deserves to be covered in beer. Yankee fans believe they're supposed to win every year. And they act that way when they go to games in other parks. I see 'em (and worse, hear them) when I go to Safeco Field to root against the Yankees.

And I'm from NY--I know whereof I speak.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:19 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, anyone wearing a Yankees cap in another stadium deserves to be covered in beer. Yankee fans believe they're supposed to win every year. And they act that way when they go to games in other parks. I see 'em (and worse, hear them) when I go to Safeco Field to root against the Yankees.

And I'm from NY--I know whereof I speak.

Why do the NY fans act that way?
0 Replies