Mutoscope Cards

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:19 am
Does anyone have any information about these, like how collectible they are or value or anything? I have a lot (A LOT) of them, and all I know is they are from the Artist's Pinup Gallery (I think that's the name). By a lot, I mean five 500 card boxes (unopened from whoever shipped them, so I'm not sure what set they are from) and another 500 or so loose cards, some sorted into the 64 card sets and some not sorted.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to get tickets to the Antiques Roadshow when it comes my way to talk to them, but the selection process is random so I may not get in.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,107 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 11:36 am
I just googled them and this was the first link that popped up

http://www.mutoworld.com/cards.htm

there were several others so I am sure that you could find a price list in their somewhere. They are most likely worth something as pin up art has seen a great revival in the past few years.

Good luck!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 11:44 am
Thanks, Aldistar. I must have missed that, since I tried Googling it myself. I'm not sure how, since it was the first one on the list . . .
0 Replies

smodakman

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 11:10 pm
i WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN BUYING THE ENTIRE LOT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS, EMAIL ME AT [email protected] THANKS!

JOHN A
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 06:54 am
smodakman wrote:
i WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN BUYING THE ENTIRE LOT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS, EMAIL ME AT [email protected] THANKS!

JOHN A

I would be interested in selling them, too, but I have no idea of their value yet. The condition of the loose ones ranges from good to near mint, and the ones I have seperated into sets are the same way, but the ones still in their shipping boxes, the boxes of 500, are still sealed and I have no way of verifying their condition. Someone would be buying blind, and that's putting a lot of faith in me, someone the buyer likely doesn't know. I'm trying for tickets to the antiques roadshow to get them appraised, but it's not until July. I'm having trouble figuring out their value for certain. I'm seeing numbers of $5-$7, but I don't know if that's per card, per set, per box, or what. If you can offer any help for that, it would be appreciated. Once I know what the heck I have, then I'll be looking to sell them.
0 Replies

smodakman

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:11 am
tin_sword_arthur = please check your email
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:17 am
It must still be in transit - my inbox is showing no new messages, and nothing in my spam folder. I'll let you know when I get it.
By the way, I never thanked you for your interest in these cards. I didn't know how difficult it would be to get information on them or to find a buyer once I knew what I had.
So, thank you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:19 am
Oh the Antiques Roadshow!

I went to one here and it was a lot of fun! Brought an enameled coffee pot left by my grandmother. You'll make a lot of friends standing in line with their cigar store indians and serving spoons and stuff.

Tickets go fast, fast, fast.....

I had to auto redial for about and hour and a half just to get through.

Good luck...let us know if you get tickets.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:23 am
Thanks.
I applied online. The show comes up to Milwaukee on it's 2006 tour, and that's probably the closest to me it will ever get, so I'm trying to get in. Not just for the cards, but for all the items anyone may have there. Antiquing is something of a hobby of mine. Every time I see an antique mall, I try to stop and go in.
Do you, or anyone, have any idea how many items one is allowed to bring? Now that my friends around here know I may be going, a lot of them are asking me to take things for them.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:43 pm
Okay, smodakman, for some reason my gmail account decided not to tell me your message was there, in spite of it's 11:00 arrival time. It just now told me it was there, and I responded to it, so keep an eye out.
0 Replies