self esteem weight issue

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 04:56 pm
BammyBaby--

Your mother doesn't sound like the ideal diet partner, then.

Walking sounds like a double-dandy way to reduce your stress. You get exercise and you get away from the squabbling and from the refrigerator.

Do you do a lot of snacking during the day?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 06:46 pm
My sympathy to Bammy and.. I agree with all that Noddy is saying.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 06:47 pm
And welcome to Laughmore - and what a great internet name.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:33 pm
lol i do no snacking. i'll be lucky if i even eat during the day. i do every once in a while....maybe eating once or twice a day....i have this thing.....if i'm not hungry i don't eat. plain and simple....yes i know its bad but its what i do.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 12:09 pm
BammyBaby--

I hate to be brutal, but in order to lose weight, you have to eat less and move more.

Starting tomorrow, keep a list--you can type it here, if you like--of every single bit of food or drink that you eat.

Keep track of what foods you eat and how big the portions are. Don't write down "candy". Write down "6 jelly beans". Don't write "potatoes". Write 3 cups of mashed potatoes.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 10:02 pm
You know BB, your parents arguing could stem from the fact that both of them are unhealthly, and just don't feel well either.

They are both having to deal with surgeries in the near future, that alone builds major amounts of stress due to the worry that coincides with it.

Your fathers prognosis wasn't that great, 40/60 chance of survival. Can you imagine whats running through his mind? Your mothers mind? It could be that your parents are both worried about loosing the other one, or you loosing both of them, therefore taking it out on each other in the meantime.

Frets like that, bring out the monster in people. They just don't want to admit that they are each scared of loosing the other one....
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 10:46 pm
no my parents constantly fight. over anything. my dad is a complete asshole and if you were to ask anyone that knows my family they'll ell u the same. but stress is stress. and today i don't feel well so i'm going to go back to bed.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 01:01 pm
BammyBaby--

Bed rest burns little fat. Further, your problems will still be there when you crawl out of bed.

Check the Blue Pages in your Telephone Book under "Family Services" to find an agency that would help you get some counseling. Your parents are preoccupied with their own needs and you need a sensible adult for some face-to-face Life Planning.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 07:23 am
update
well...

i've just got home from the hospital. unfortunately for me my sister decided to be a goof and i fell due to her cause and dislocated my knee and broke my ankel. so now besides my knee being completely black and blue and same for my ankel, i've also got a bad cold and broncittus so i'm pretty much stuck in bed. i can't really do to much so i'm putting my exercizing on hold for now.
my dad is going in for emergency surgery thursday of next week the 22 i beleve. so i'm going to be down there with my mom from 6am till the 9 hours end. i've gotta keep her doing something or shes gonna go nuts sitting in there.
in 2 weeks shes going in for her historectomy.

my brother got beat up lol and now has another broken wrist.

and my grandma fell yesterday and is in the hospital with to many injuries to name

so yea my worlds being just grand and stress is rising. but i'll keep posted when i can. lifes becomming complicated.

~* Britt
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 11:20 am
Britt--

What a lucky girl to have a starring role in your very own family soap opera. Are you on crutches? Did the doctor suggest bed rest?

You have my sympathy. You're coping with a great deal right nowl.

Keep us posted.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:49 pm
Don't Worry Be Happy
Hi BammyBaby

I don't think it's in your gene's ... In my opinion weight issues have more to do with suppressed emotions and lack of self love ... I believe people who love themselves look after themselves ... and have no reason to overeat

If you have concerns I highly recommend taking a look at Bill Phillips stuff and also meditation ..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:46 pm
Britt--

Has your ankle healed? Has your life calmed down? How do you feel?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:07 pm
Genes account for 30% of your weight; envornment is 70%.

Of course, this isn't a scientific fact.... exactly 30/70 but it's a good estimate.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:09 pm
Re: Don't Worry Be Happy
karma wrote:
Hi BammyBaby

I don't think it's in your gene's ... In my opinion weight issues have more to do with suppressed emotions and lack of self love ... I believe people who love themselves look after themselves ... and have no reason to overeat

If you have concerns I highly recommend taking a look at Bill Phillips stuff and also meditation ..

I think you are dead wrong. Eating isn't always a self esteem issue.

Some people just love food.

You must be stick thin and think you're poopie don't smell poopy.

See post above regarding genes.

There is SOME connection.

Some people are programmed to hang on to fat.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 02:10 pm
Some fat people stay fat longer in famine conditions, but eventually in famine conditions everyone loses weight.
0 Replies

Bammy Baby

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:21 am
ugh new name..
ok well it wont let me log on with my other name so i had to make a new one

things are ok now i guess. um. my dads doing alright

i've got a sudden problem though...

i've lost 15 lbs in a week and i haven't done anything to lost it, not changing what i've eaten, not exercizing, but its like.......gone....and i have no idea why or how.... and my parents are accusing me of using drugs or something to have lost it....and i havne't done anything..

my ankel is better and everything... i'm just worried about my sudden weight loss in a WEEK...

any suggestions?

~Britt
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 06:36 am
Sounds like at least part of it is water weight loss. Such as when people start Weight Watchers, they can end up with 10 lbs off in a week. Have you, by chance, been drinking a lot of water?
0 Replies

Bammy Baby

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 10:31 am
Actually water is the only thing i'm really allowed to have so yes, i drink about.. 10 or so glasses a day plus if i'm out and about i've got a water bottle or two..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 01:07 pm
How do you feel? Pale and stressed out or much lighter on your feet?
0 Replies

Bammy Baby

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 01:09 pm
pale and stressed. and actually i feel heavier then i used to. and my jeans are smaller now but my bras are tighter (x.x) i think i might have to go get new bras soon and thats gonna murder me cuz mine are already dd's (x.x) Shocked

i feel really weak today though.
0 Replies