self esteem weight issue

Noddy24

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:57 am
BammyBaby--

Believe me, fat people and thin people have very different lifestyles. Unfortunately, you can't be a thin person and a picky eater with a balanced diet.

Are there any vegetables that you don't hate? That you just mildly dislike?
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:17 am
um..... i can tollerate green beans..... corn....... pretty much anything else i do not eat...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:33 am
Those are both high starch veggies. Corn is actually a grain, not a vegetable. How about raw veggies such as cucumbers, carrots, pea pods, sweet red pepper slices? Oftentimes, people who don't like vegetables do better with crunchy, raw varieties.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 08:02 am
Corn and beans are a start. Certainlya helping of corn or beans is better than a great spoonful of mashed potatoes with melted butter or gravy. J_B has agood point with the crunchy vegetables.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:47 pm
i'm not to liking of things that crunch in my mouth... its a psychocological thing. i get like hebie jebies things and goosebumps. its weird....but if it crunches i don't eat it...including chips ect. ...yea i'm weird i know... and right now. i've been eating alot more fruit i'm not good with vegies but beans aren't something i'm fond of. and salads and that stuff....crunches in my mouth...therefore thatsa NO....idk.... i've made more time to exercise...accept now i have another problem.....

lately i've been exercising alot more.. stupid but i'm kinda doing the things on the exercise channel on tv lmao and walking more.. and i'm getting a new pool so when that gets her ei'll be in it more... but the problem is......

i'm um... coverd in yea um streach marks......their old....and not purple anymore their white yes i've tried getting rid of them and stuff....thing is... i'm starting to get more of them around my belly button.....and their the purple once and kinda deeper then the ones i have.....and idk why i'm getting them or what their from....i still weigh the same so i can't be fatter...but idk... i'm bothered by them....self conscious.....mhm.ok thats enough for tonight....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:00 am
BammyBaby--

Your exercise is probably tightening up your muscles and the stretch marks are appearing because the skin is no longer as stretched. This is actually a sign of progress.

Now that you're exercising do you find you have more energy?
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 02:51 pm
no not more energy, but more tired actually. Streach marks never go away even with using things that say help them go away do they... yea um.. those streachmarks are starting to get a lil worse....becomming more bothered by them kinda depressing.. but um.. i woke up this morning and went for a walk.....for about 2 hours.. i needed to get some air.. i've got alot of stress right now.. lots going on.. anyways. i'm gonna go start my Term paper...8 research papers plus a 10,000 word essay with those research papers included -.- ugh... yea i'll try and keep posted. time for google and starting this...

~* Britt
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:20 pm
Britt--

Stretch marks never vanish--but they fade. Ask any woman who's had a baby. Walking won't do much for your stretch marks, but it will speed up your metabolism and possibly improve your outlook on life.

Keep us posted.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:20 pm
Bammy, congrats on the changes you're making. woo hoo, go! Smile

Stretch marks: I got em too. I've been trying different creams. I think Noddy is right: they don't go away, but they fade. From the creams I've used though they do help a bit. Pure Vitamin E oil and scar-fading cream.

Don't worry about it too much, cause like Noddy said, it makes sense and they are actually a sign of progress for you. But, if it makes you feel better, the creams aren't bad. Not an instant remedy, but helps a bit.

cheers
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 06:53 pm
Bammy,

I feel for ya, I've been there, still there to some extent.(I used to weigh 331#'s Shocked believe that or not) So..I KNOW!!! Its hard to push yourself to exercise especially with medical problems that make you feel bad to start with...and if there is no support system at home to help push you.

These ladies here of A2K are smart ladies...use them, us..for your support system. Lay it all out there..and let them point you in the right direction. (they do so well, trust me)

I am going to make one suggestion to you however, and once I get things slowed down here in my life, I'm fixing to have the same tests run...because we have some things common.

Have your pituatary gland checked. Not the thyroid...you can have it checked all you want, and half the time it will come back within normal range. (Have them check for a lack of Adult Growth Hormon, there are different reasons that it stops excreting it. Mine would be due to a car wreck with head injury, which was/has never been checked, I weighed about 135, at the time of the wreck, shortly thereafter its been a battle with the weight monster)

http://www.pituitary.org.uk/resources/adult-gh.htm#what

Quote:
GH affects body composition - the proportion of fat, muscle and bone in the body. GH-deficient adults have more adipose (fatty) tissue and less lean body mass (muscle) than people without pituitary disease. The fatty tissue is deposited in the abdomen increasing the size of the waist which is known to increase the risk of death from heart disease amongst the normal population. The effects of GH-deficiency on body muscle lead to a decrease in strength and stamina. The loss of the beneficial effects of GH on heart muscle may also be a factor in decreasing the ability to exercise.

Quote:
Lack of GH causes changes in blood cholesterol concentrations and also a number of other factors in the blood which, in other studies, have been associated with an increased risk of heart disease

Quote:

I'm not saying that this is your problem, but with so many test being run anyways, whats another one?

Now, about the food thing...I'm the same way, somewhat picky...I have this "Texture" thing about food's as well, so I understand that. You mentioned fruits. How about cantaloupe? Find fruits that are low in calories, high in fiber..and eat away...till your little hearts content. I'm a big fruit eater in the summer time, but like you I'm picky. I want them fresh, not cooked...I don't eat cooked fruits..lol (strange I know)

Grill meats....bake other foods, stay away from frying...and stay away from anything white..lol Any starch that you consume, just turns to sugar...

Ok, thats enough for right now...
Listen to these ladies...
I wish you the best Bammy!!!
0 Replies

Laughmore

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 12:04 am
Did you get any help for your question?
Hi, I have some of the same issues. I only am much older than you are. My size is the same. My answer may help or not. It helped me. I am 45, so I have age to contend with too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 10:51 am
Laughmore--

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:18 pm
Well....Today i woke up sick. and i ended up spending a few hours in the hospital they told me i was dehidrated or however that is spelt. i find that hard to believe since i drink water all day long. anyways. they let me go home and tuesday i find out if i need surgery for my kidney stones. my family is in the middle of fighting and i've got serious stress from it. my parents are possibaly getting divorced. they'e been married for 23 years.

anyways. i know i'm supposed to be resting right now since i'm dehidrated or w/e but i'm gonna go for a walk i need some air.

i'll stay posted.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:49 pm
BammyBaby--

You're certainly having a memorable year.

I know you've had a lot of responsibility heaped on you from a very young age, but even if you were old as the hills and wise as the gods you wouldn't be able to do anything to hurt or help your parents' marriage.

Let them fight it out. You have problems of your own. If you want to do something, every time they start fighting, head out of the house for a long walk.

I imagine that stress could contribute to dehydration. Hot weather definitely does contribute. Be sure that you drink water before and after your walks.

Let us know about your kidney stone situation. We care.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:53 pm
lets see i had doctors on monday of last week for an ultrasound of my kidneys and i've got 4 stones on one side and 3 on the other. the side with 4 has two big stones that i'm not going to be able to pass so i find out tuesday if i have to have surgery or if they are going to attempt lithrotripsy on me which is where i sit in a bathtub and they shock me i've been told u just feel a stinging but i don't like pain. i had to pass a TINY kidney stone once before and it kept me up for 3 days straight just walking around and puking. i had NO sleep. then went to the hospital. but i find out whats going to happen on tuesday i'll tell you then
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 01:03 pm
BammyBaby--

My daughter-in-law's family has kidney stones. An operation could well spare you considerable pain.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 01:58 pm
well lets see i had doctors yesterday. and he told me that i have a sist in my kidney, one kidney stone which MIGHT be passable. and i have hig blood pressure. mine was 144 / 103 when i went in there . hes refering me to another doctor to get put on meds for it....ugh.. and i currently weigh 179lbs. he told me that i need to lose about 35-50 lbs and that he doesn't have any ideas for me on HOW to lose the weight but that i need to or i have a possiability for heart problems and expecially heartattacks.

my dad goes in for surgery next week with a 40-60 chance of making it..40 being the good side. he has his diratictulitus again and probably will be in the hospital for a good month or so. my mom goes in for a historectomy in about a month. she has tumors.

thats probably why my blood pressure is up cuz i'm stressed.. not sure.. but yea now i get to go to more doctors and become more of a pin cousion.
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 01:58 pm
well lets see i had doctors yesterday. and he told me that i have a sist in my kidney, one kidney stone which MIGHT be passable. and i have hig blood pressure. mine was 144 / 103 when i went in there . hes refering me to another doctor to get put on meds for it....ugh.. and i currently weigh 179lbs. he told me that i need to lose about 35-50 lbs and that he doesn't have any ideas for me on HOW to lose the weight but that i need to or i have a possiability for heart problems and expecially heartattacks.

my dad goes in for surgery next week with a 40-60 chance of making it..40 being the good side. he has his diratictulitus again and probably will be in the hospital for a good month or so. my mom goes in for a historectomy in about a month. she has tumors.

thats probably why my blood pressure is up cuz i'm stressed.. not sure.. but yea now i get to go to more doctors and become more of a pin cousion. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 02:51 pm
BammyBaby--

Your family is certainly having a medical month.

Your weight puts you at risk for diabetes as well as heart problems. While stress may contribute to your high blood pressure, your heart is pumping-pumping-pumping double time to circulate your blood through all those extra fat cells.

At least you'll only have one parent in the hospital at a time. Could you and your mother diet together? Her extra weight could easily cause surgical complications.

Are you still walking? I've been lax about my walking in the hot and humid whether and as a result I tend to be short-tempered and gloomy.
Also my blood pressure is up. Exercise helps lower blood pressure.

When will you find out about your surgery? Does the doctor want you to lose weight first?
0 Replies

BammyBaby

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 03:55 pm
my mom isn't allowed to take anything for diesting. last time she did it caused her heart to speed up fast and caused her last heartattack. no i don't have diabetes i've been checked for it. and i'm not sure if i'm going to have surgery now i go back in november to my kidney doctor. and he does want me to lose weight, trying starting now. i've been trying....things don't come so easily. yes i do still go for walks. but most of the time i'm going to escape the yelling and bitching and complaining that is happening here alot recently. as far as mom dieting with me..shes BEEN on diets.she just never follows through to them.
0 Replies