Help need cheap city slicker car

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 03:49 pm
Okay let get this straight value for money and reliability are key factors here, fuel economy and kerb appeal are a tied close second. Oh and won't touch french or italian as they have no re-sale in this country and terrible customer serive here.

I need abs, air con and at least a drivers airbag. I'm looking at the following vehicles: Ford Ka, Chevy spark and Hyundai Getz, Getz is a bit pricey for me though compared to the others, (kinda liked the kia picanto but it has a really crummy interior compared to the spark or the Ka).

What you guys recommend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,169 • Replies: 8
No top replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 04:36 pm
car
"kia picanto " , is that really the name of a car ?
in north-america you'll hear names such as : mustang , ram , taurus and other animals , but no "picantos" . sorry , but can't help .
what about small toyota - echo ? - or honda civic ? they are very reliable cars here . hbg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 05:20 pm
There's always the Oryx; designed for utility and high survivability in the urban environment, rated "Best In Class", and designed and produced right there in South Africa.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:33 am
never heard of an oryx and not for sale here. Don't like american cars no offence boys but what i've seen of them is not very appealing, i mean large gass guzzlers, anyway they imports here and no good to me. I want something with all the mod cons crammed into a tiny package.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:54 am
then why are you considering a ford?

I don't blame you on the american made idea..
Not at all.
I wont touch them with a 10 foot pole, simply because I cant afford to maintain them . They require too much upkeep for my pocketbook's liking.

I don't know about all of the vehicles offered in your country.
But I do know that toyota is an internationally available brand that wins many awards from many countries for being reliable, fuel efficient, and not too bad looking. http://toyota.com/

sorry. had to edit for spelling.
This early in the morning, the word 'ford' had a W in it..
oy vey.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 09:55 am
Try the Honda Fit.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 12:20 pm
tagged_lyricist wrote:
never heard of an oryx and not for sale here. Don't like american cars no offence boys but what i've seen of them is not very appealing, i mean large gass guzzlers, anyway they imports here and no good to me. I want something with all the mod cons crammed into a tiny package.

I was just being silly - it is made in SA, and sold there - just not to civilians. Its a mine-proofed wheeled armored personnel carrier/weapons platform on a truck chassis. Its eco-freindly, though; it has a multi-fuel diesel engine :wink:

http://oryx.armour.co.za/images/Oryx-4X4001.jpg
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:57 pm
she wolf there's british ford (such as the fiesta, the mondeo and the focus) whicha re nothing like the american coutnerparts and then the Ka is a ford but from kore baby.
0 Replies

southerngentleman

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 01:25 pm
Take a look at the Honda Fit, the Toyota Yaris, the upcoming Nissan Versa...

Mercedes Benz A class, A3 or a nicer Skoda/Seat if you're going a little more upmarket.

If you really wanted to go cheap- you could look at a Dhaiatsu (sp?), although I don't quite know what their resale is like (could be abysmal!)
0 Replies