Rainsoft Chlorine Filtration System

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 10:32 pm
I own a Rainsoft Amazon Gold Series water softener, with a Chlorine filtration system and a UF50T Ultrefiner (RO). I was wondering where you can get the activated carbon for Chlorine filtration system, and how do you release the pressure in the tank?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,161 • Replies: 2
No top replies

lostonrainsoft

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 09:04 am
Try this link
Not sure about how to release the presure, maybe shut off water supply and manually kick the unit on till u run it out.
The filters maybe u have luck on this link, the guy there has helped me out alot, good luck.
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 04:07 pm
Re: Rainsoft Chlorine Filtration System
timthetoolman wrote:
I own a Rainsoft Amazon Gold Series water softener, with a Chlorine filtration system and a UF50T Ultrefiner (RO). I was wondering where you can get the activated carbon for Chlorine filtration system, and how do you release the pressure in the tank?

If you have a simple in and out plastic vale on the GAC filter there is no easy way to relieve the pressure.
Try shutting the water off before the system and then put the softener into backwash. This should pull pressure from the carbon tank.
Now turn the bypass valves on the carbon tank and go to work.
0 Replies