Asherman's wife crittically ill

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:43 am
Message I received from Asherman Sunday evening. His wife, Natalie, is critically ill.---BBB

The paramedics took Natalie to Presbyterian Emergency Friday evening. At first it looked like a stroke, but the ER people quickly determined that it was a severe intestinal infection. Her condition was extremely life threatening, and she might have died during the night. This morning the ICU doctor began a series of tests, and by late in the day confirmed a diagnosis of bacteriological Meningitis. She is in room 008 of ICU, but is not conscious or responsive at this time. There is a suspicion that, if she survives there will be some degree of brain damage, and possible kidney damage. On the other hand, there is hope that she will eventually make a full recovery.

Our youngest son, Kris and his wife Michelle flew in from San Francisco today, and we expect the Shannon from Korea tomorrow late. There is nothing anyone can do. We'll just have to wait and see if the industrial strength anti-biotic will clear her system up, or not. Life has a way of changing lanes without a turn signal.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine ... if a bit lost for the foreseeable future.

Ash
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,914 • Replies: 157
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:46 am
As it will be convenient, without bothering him with what are, truth be told, irrelevancies, please express to him my regrets for his family's misfortune, and my best wishes for them all.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:48 am
That is awful.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:48 am
Oh Asher, my thoughts are with you and your wife.

((((((((((Hug))))))))))
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:56 am
Sending good wishes your way.

Take care.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:57 am
Sending my best to Asherman and his wife...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:01 am
Sympathy from me as well.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:03 am
This is terrible news. I hope and pray everything turns out well in the end.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:03 am
Tell Ashermen that I hope for the best. This has to an awful experience for him and he has my sympathy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:06 am
I hope that all will be well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:07 am
more good wishes asherman
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:09 am
BBB,

This is TOO eeiry! I have been in contact with a select few here, but JayBea was admitted yesterday for what sounds like the very same ailment. It's mind boggling that it is so similiar. Please give Ash my e-mail ... [email protected] . I would like to get in touch with him!

Thanks BBB,

Anon
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:11 am
BBB
I was so shocked to receive the news about Natalie as she was on the road to a good recovery since her three-month hospitalization last year.

Right now, Asherman is having trouble accessing A2K so I will pass on all of your good wishes to him.

As you know, Ash is extremely hard of hearing and trying to hear on the telephone is very difficult. So we communicate by e-mail and talk when I visit.

I will keep you informed.

BBB
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:14 am
BBB, thanks for letting us know. Holding good thoughts for both Ash and his wife. She will be all right. Viral meningitis is the one that is difficult to treat; Bacterial is easier, methinks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:15 am
Thanks for letting us know, BBB. Best wishes to both Natalie and JayBea...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:18 am
My thoughts will be with you, Ash, along with Natalie and JayBea.

Fervently hoping for the best. Please keep us updated.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:25 am
Many thoughts for Anon and JayBea too..
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:27 am
BBB,

Please pass along my well wishes to Ash and Natalie and wish them a speedy recovery.

Same for you and JayBea, Anon.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:34 am
This hurts.
A big hug for big Asherman.
I truly hope sweet Natalie gets better.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:37 am
Quote:
BBB,

Please pass along my well wishes to Ash and Natalie and wish them a speedy recovery.

Same for you and JayBea, Anon.

Thank you JP!!!

BBB.

Have Ash e-mail me his phone number, or give me an e-mail amd I will give him mine. Maybe we can lean on each other as we go through this!

Anon
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Asherman's wife crittically ill
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:32:01