NHL Playoffs

Ray

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 06:17 pm
The Road to the Stanley Cup begins. Watching San Jose go at it against Nashville right now. Anyone else keeping track on the playoffs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,312 • Replies: 33
No top replies

George

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 03:11 pm
I am.
I don't have a horse in this race (da Broons sink ever deeper into
irrelevance), but I am following Montreal. Great first game. Let's
see where they go from here.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 12:19 am
Yep. They won again, but a close one though. I feel bad for New York, but I kinda expected them to lose the series against New Jersey.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:52 am
Rangers
they're playing like they don't realize their actually IN the playoffs.
no intensity.

barring an upset, they've wasted a great season...
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 11:46 pm
Yeah, it's just ridiculous. They're getting blown out. New Jersey is a good team though.
0 Replies

morpheus

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:19 pm
Re: Rangers
Region Philbis wrote:
they're playing like they don't realize their actually IN the playoffs.
no intensity.

barring an upset, they've wasted a great season...

not sure "wasted a great season" is a good way to describe it. They played with heart, and with a stomach flu. Not that the outcome would have been different however. They were overmatched going into the series against the hottest team in hockey. If they dont progress next seson, then I'll say this year was wasted.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 04:42 am
good point, morpheus...
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:03 am
Thoroughly enjoyed the Ottawa/Tampa Bay series. And I'm looking forward to the Ottawa/Buffalo one. Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:13 am
The Detroit/Edmonton series bit the big one. Though I doubt it would have ultimately changed the outcome, the third goal the Oilers scored Monday night was clearly kicked in. That they allowed it is beyond belief.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:26 pm
I think he may have been pushed by Lidstrom and that's why they allowed the goal.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:38 pm
So? That isn't what the rules state. He may have been pushed, but he clearly made a kicking motion, even if to regain his balance. My understanding is that a kicking motion nullifies the goal.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:52 pm
If the foot that made the kicking motion touches the puck. From what I remember, Hemsky tried to push the puck with his back skate, but that's not when the puck went in. Few seconds later, he was pushed from behind by Lidstrom and then afterwards the puck went in. I may be wrong. It was pretty crowded.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:13 pm
I saw a push and a left (back) skate go away from the goal and then towards the goal. Even if just trying to keep his balance it violated the rules. He kicked it.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:26 pm
I thought that the officials ruled that it went in off Hemsky's torso, and therefore the foot action didn't matter?
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 12:44 pm
Don't know. Could be.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 12:46 pm
BTW, anyone saw that Sens-Sabres game? That was a great roller coaster ride. I like the Sens and all, but I'm impressed with Buffalo. They never gave up.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 07:01 pm
I watched! Great game for the fans, terrible game for the goalies. Rollercoaster ride is right!
0 Replies

gfmgp1

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:34 pm
I stopped watching since the Devils got knocked out but this years NHL playoffs have been very exciting so far. As for a prediction, I don't see Buffalo losing
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:30 pm
I want an Anaheim-Buffalo finals, but Edmonton is looking very good. The Buffalo-Carolina series is fun to watch. Great speed.
0 Replies

cliche

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 08:22 pm
Ray wrote:
I want an Anaheim-Buffalo finals, but Edmonton is looking very good. The Buffalo-Carolina series is fun to watch. Great speed.

I'd like to see an Edmonton - Carolina final this time around, with the Oilers winning the Cup.
0 Replies