Bocconcini Pearls

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 07:15 pm
The trouble with that recipe is that I'd follow it, and not substitute bocconcini...

Hey, turned out to be a good site.

On pesto, I make it about once every two years. On the other hand, I much more often use basil leaves added sort of late to Whatever with Garlic and olive oil and parmigiano and if they are around, some pine nuts, and perhaps in violation of some rule, I often add some chile pepper. (learning the NM spelling of chili).

My ex used to use mint sometimes..., though not at great strength.

New Mexico adds a twist, as roasted pinon nuts seem to be all the thing here. Haven't tried them yet.

Remembered, he used mint when he cooked with ital pancetta and tomatoes... it was a fresh salsa recipe he saw, salsa being sauce in italian, not much in it but olive oil, garlic, pancetta, diced tomatoes, cooked fairly fast, and last minute schmidge of mint.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:49 pm
I'm having computer problems. Pls forgive if my posts make no sense, or even if they do...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 09:46 am
bocconcini mark
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:38 pm
We just sampled one of the lil pearls each.

Yummmmmmmmmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I asked some of my co-workers of Sicilian descent - they thought the pearl-stuffed figs, wrapped in proscuitto, and grilled, would be a good idea.

Or figs, proscuitto and bocconcini pearls on a pizza crust.

Next tub!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 11:04 am
the lamb/bocconcini burgers have turned into a staple here - they are yum
I've come to like pesto a lot more - so pesto on a good bun, then the bocconcini/lamb burger, sliced tomatoes ... fabulous

tried the grilled stuffed figs once - need to do it again - twas tasty
0 Replies