Movie Fanatics – Anyone hear about this movie? How can I fi

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:10 pm
I was doing some research with my daughter and came across this movie that was supposed to be made in the Fall of 2004. I never heard about it being released and cannot find any information except it was in the works some time in 2002. It is a true story about a woman who played minor league baseball. Jackie Mitchell made history when she stuck out Babe Ruth. Country singer LeAnn Rimes was scheduled to play her in a movie "The Girl Who Struck Out Babe Ruth." The estimated release date for the film was October 2004.

I tried to find more information about it, but can't. My daughter being an avid baseball player and fan loves Jackie Mitchell and has read both books about her. Can anyone help me? Is there some where I can search for movies in the making or has anyone heard about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:16 pm
On IMDb, there is no result for the title and in LeAnn Rimes filmography, there is no mention of the title or anything resembling it. IMDb also searches for films in production. Since the studios input onto this site, it's most likely a project that has been dropped.

www.imdb.com
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:25 pm
One of my searches was actually an article from this website - dated some time 2002. Looks like it must have been decided against making.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:39 pm
Sorry that was bad news but you never know. Movies go on the back burner and then eventually can be made. "Brokeback Mountain" was one of those. Now we can maybe hope for some intelligent films on that subject that have been on the back burner. Sci-Fi have been deprived of some great film projects that have been shelved like "The Demolished Man" (thank gawd, Ahnold is too busy as governator) and "Mission of Gravity."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:20 pm
It is a bummer. So few women role models in sports as it is. Wonderful story for any young girls that are into sports.
0 Replies