What film do you call the worst of all?

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 08:08 am
No, I don't speak for anyone but myself and everyone here will decide for themselves. You're not able to fight imagined hubris with more hubris.
There's so much unfounded bullshit on the Internet and it amounts to irresponsible journalism -- something one should be just as suspicious and concerned about as the machinations in politics including the CIA. If you're going to swallow everything you read on the Internet, you're going to have to sort out the garbage. I don't entirely trust the government nor do I entirely trust the journalism, especially on the Internet. Perhaps you believe that some like Neal Bortz or Rush Limbaugh have researched their articles on the Interent and so they are entirely believable. Good luck.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 09:11 am
Back to the original question, I'll toss in "Fantastic Voyage" and "Fahrenheit 451." While not much of a movie goer, those two missed the mark.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 12:27 pm
Lightwizard: fair enough. Shake hands on it.

However, that site I linked to DOES filter out the garbage. Lots of TV documentaries there, and audio testimonies from people inside the intelligence business, such as Colonel F. Prouty, other whistleblowers. Important stuff.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 01:02 pm
LW, there was a time when the info regarding nicotine being bad for you was concealed....why not aliens?

Anyway, I don't care what Ebert said, "Lost and Delirous", based on Susan Swan's novel "The Wives of Bath" paled so much in comparison to the novel (and so much was left out, presumably to make it more palatable to the teen audience or hell knows what...) I have to put it on my worst ever adaptation list at least. I am guessing Ebert never read the book.
0 Replies