Any thoughts ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 868 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 11:56 pm
As a long time fan - until Peter Davison - and having recently spent 4 years watching the entire series from the Hartnell originals right through (Thank you ABC) and having caught bits of the first series of the remake, well I agree.

I thought he was a good doctor. I thought the script writers did a great job of modernising everything without losing it's 'je nais se qua'. I loved the fact that they addressed the assistant's personal life (previously only the Australian air stewardess seemed to have one at all - and that was her aunty getting dehydrated by the Master).

Congrats to the BBC for giving it enough funding so that it didn't look cheesy - which it always did in the originals. The TARDIS as living machine was a cool idea...

I thought it was a hoot. Lots of nice twists on the original. It did well to have any semblance of logical consistency. Looking forward to catching the eps I missed and the new series coming.

Although I am worried about the doctor's regeneration count....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 01:49 am
Id seen a number of productions of Christopher Ecclestons over the years but never quite fell head over heels about him as I did in Doctor Who.He was brilliant in it and Billie Piper was the surprisingly a perfect sidekick carrying on with Girlpower.

Its a big shame he only did one series but I get the impression he likes to do his work and then move on.

He worked with David Tennant when he was in Jude about 10 years ago.

I think Dr Who is fantastic for young and old viewers, a great way of getting back to family viewing.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 07:44 am
Saw the first of series 2 at the weekend.Glad to see it was carrying on in its predecessors fine footsteps.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 08:16 am
Never ever liked Dr Who...but Christopher Ecclestons is a good actor. Just couldn't get into it....
0 Replies