Medium versus Ghost Whisperer

Equus

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 02:27 pm
Is it just my imagination, or do Allison Dubois (Patricia Arquette) on Medium and Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) on Ghost Whisperer, both have the same hairstyle?

Do you watch both shows? Which show do you like better? Who is the better psychic- Allison or Melinda?

How do you rate these compared to other TV and Movie psychics, including the supposed real psychic, Derek Acorah of Most Haunted?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,111 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Letty

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 06:31 pm
Equus, I have only seen Medium and I would love to see Ghost Whisperer, but I'm not certain when it comes on.

I can't seem to locate The Dead Zone guy, either.

Our programming has changed here.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:10 am
Ghost Whisperer is on Friday nights on CBS, I think it is 8 PM Eastern time. I like it- it is very similar to Medium, except the heroine ONLY communicates with the dead- she has no clairvoyance or precognition. Also unlike Medium, she has no children and although married, her husband is not as strong a character.

The Dead Zone is on USA network. New episodes are coming out this Summer in prime time, but currently they are showing reruns only on Tuesday mornings about 1 or 2 in the morning. The hero of this isn't really a medium like in Medium or Ghost Whisperer, but when he touches people or objects he sees the past and/or future. Once in a long while he'll talk to a dead person, tho.

Personally, I like the fictional psychics much more than the real ones:

Most Haunted is a British program currently running on The Travel Channel (on cable/satellite). Derek Acorah is a 'real' psychic who goes to haunted houses and tells you about the ghosts there. I find him rather dull, but some people like him. He's recently quit Most Haunted and now has his own show whose name I don't remember, but he's still on reruns a lot.

There is also a new show on Sci Fi Channel called Psychic at Large with a supposed real psychic (Char? is her name).
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:27 am
Thanks, equus. I'll print this out. I was soooo disappointed when I expected to see Medium and there was that ridiculous Donald Trump thing on. Mad
0 Replies