cynthia mckinney issue

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:30 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I realize in Washington DC that the due process of law is not the usual police report and a DA decided to prosecute or not prosecute. Has the officer filed a complaint?

Probably not your intention, but an interesting point nonetheless. Given the racial makeup of the District of Columbia, certainly African-Americans must be well-represented on any DC grand jury. Might not an indictment from these folks underscore the severity of Ms. McKinney's actions for the AnyMeansNecessary crowd?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:34 am
makes for a really easy diversion to shade some heat for the republicans. so it goes, nothing changes on either side of the aisle.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:35 am
Lightwizard wrote:
A democrat would have won the next election there if he had peed in public, groped a police officer and drug a WASP down the street with his car.

Unless he then hollered "Profiling!!" and totally sealed his fate.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:40 am
How would he be "profiled" for those obviously humerous transgressions?

Actually, you state a scenerio that may be the opposite of what you are expecting. The primarilly black Grand Jury may suspect profiling and throw the whole thing out. Then what?

Oh, I see, the song changes with the chords stuck.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:45 am
snood wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Not that I don't think McKinney's action to be reprehensible but I think her rebel image has caused this to be blown way out of proportion. I can see why Republicans would grasp at this straw considering the **** they are swimming in.

...and there's some serious grasping going on...

No grasping necessary when McKinney hands hr head out on a platter.

Just take it and say, "Thank you." Laughing Laughing

Let DeLay get whats coming to him. And, Pelosi, and McKinney, and the lot of them.

I'd still like to drop a cage over the entire place and let them eat one another.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:53 am
Pelosi is being indicted for what?

She will be re-elected in her district hands-down.

I'm not as partisan as some try to make me out to be. I just see a lot more trouble from the right than from the left. I believe despotism is more likely to come from the right than the left. They are being found out, thank gawd, but the left needs to define liberalism as Jefferson saw liberalism. Liberalism has been defined by the right and conservatism defined by the left in today's politics. Politicians have become so wishy-washy they can't define where they stand. McKinney is at least defining where she stands whether she wins her re-election or not. I don't see her going down in flames.

Again, has the officer filed charges? Maybe McKinney is paying him off?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 09:53 am
Lash wrote:
snood wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Not that I don't think McKinney's action to be reprehensible but I think her rebel image has caused this to be blown way out of proportion. I can see why Republicans would grasp at this straw considering the **** they are swimming in.

Let DeLay get whats coming to him. And, Pelosi, and McKinney, and the lot of them.

I'd still like to drop a cage over the entire place and let them eat one another.

Such a colorful and creative metaphor, you wordsmith, you.

...and McKinney is so much more pleasant for the bushophiles to contemplate than is the Bush leak, the civil war in Iraq, DeLay and the like. But you're right, of course. There's no grasping - all of you Bushlemmings are just as likely to bring those things up, too, right?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:01 am
2006 should have been a slamdunk for the Dems. This is like watching Kobe Bryant foul-out in the first five minutes. Laughing
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:02 am
And then give the ref a black eye.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:02 am
They cry profiling.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:03 am
Then get traded to Poughkeepsie.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:04 am
Yeah, and meanwhile, you repugs defend the criminals and lowlifes in your party and still try to sound smug that no one's taken advantage of their sliminess yet. Such paragons.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:05 am
snood wrote:
Lash wrote:
snood wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

Such a colorful and creative metaphor, you wordsmith, you.

...and McKinney is so much more pleasant for the bushophiles to contemplate than is the Bush leak, the civil war in Iraq, DeLay and the like. But you're right, of course. There's no grasping - all of you Bushlemmings are just as likely to bring those things up, too, right?

Can't do it without namecalling for long, can you? Laughing

Most everyone has weighed in on DeLay and the other issues. You must have missed it.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:07 am
Repugs, Bushophiles, Bushlemmings? Shocked

Hardly. I'm moving to Atlanta & registering as a Democrat.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:10 am
Really??
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:11 am
Snood has graduated from the Italgato School of Funny Monikers.

I think my favorite was Demmunist.

"Repugs" shows NO creativity.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:18 am
Kind of on the level of those "Democrat" crybaby pictures that Timber kept posting in the previous elections.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:18 am
Lash wrote:
Snood has graduated from the Italgato School of Funny Monikers.

I think my favorite was Demmunist.

"Repugs" shows NO creativity.

No argument that you are creative, Lash dear.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:19 am
No. Those were funny!!! and entertaining!!

Repugs is on par with cute crying babies??

I don't think so.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:20 am
Lash wrote:
No. Those were funny!!! and entertaining!!

Repugs is on par with cute crying babies??

I don't think so.

Lead on, you disarming breath of fresh air, you.....
0 Replies