cynthia mckinney issue

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:34 pm
This crazy ass black women from georgia is saying things in congress and challenging them in a way Representives just don't do. The other congress people are just like "What did she just say?".

You can't just say out loud in congress that the Vice President is stealing from the American people and That there is more to 9/11 that is being said, etc,etc.

She is fearlessly challenging the corruption of the Bush administration in a way even WE should be doing.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:34 pm
Lash wrote:
She's an uppity ****. I think it's weird you try to make it about race.

Do you think it would be acceptable if she'd been white?

Certainly not acceptable. But I somehow doubt that it would have become a major news issue. Politicos act like divas just as much as rock stars do. It's true that she played the race card herself, but that's because, in my experience, African-Americans are used to being singled out for special attention and so assume that it's always the case when there's a snag in the procedings. I don't think there's anything 'elitist' in expecting to be treated according to one's position. She is a Member of Congress.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:45 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Lash wrote:
She's an uppity ****. I think it's weird you try to make it about race.

Do you think it would be acceptable if she'd been white?

Certainly not acceptable. But I somehow doubt that it would have become a major news issue. Politicos act like divas just as much as rock stars do. It's true that she played the race card herself, but that's because, in my experience, African-Americans are used to being singled out for special attention and so assume that it's always the case when there's a snag in the proceedings. I don't think there's anything 'elitist' in expecting to be treated according to one's position. She is a Member of Congress.
I think her Her lawyers suggested she use the race card. I think we might see her back out of this position. I think the real fight her is saving her credibility, reputation and seat in congress so she can continue her work.

That is what this is all about, I think. Getting her out of congress. She made a mistake and they will exploit it to the fullest.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:50 pm
They had enough trouble getting Tom Delay out of Congress for far worse transgressions!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:55 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
They had enough trouble getting Tom Delay out of Congress for far worse transgressions!
They were trying to keep him in. Rolling Eyes Take the blue pill.

http://www.arrod.co.uk/images/blue-pill1.jpg

learn, grow, act

http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php

Crap....I got the damn pills mixed up...It's the red pill, take the red pill.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 02:58 pm
thanks for your comments really appreciate them, and again,
I'm not a racist. I said that this whole issue with Cynthia mckinney is not about race, its about the fact that she hit an officer when they were trying to do their job. Its true they should have recognized her, but they didn't and she could have just as easily gone through the metal detector and avoid this whole issue. But the issue is done with, and she apologized which is good to see that this "Race" thing is dragged on any further.

When I said "Unless its blatantly a racist act" I was referring to insults and hate crimes.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 03:07 pm
From what I hear all the congress people walk around the metal detector and they don't wear there badge because their identities are common knowledge.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 03:14 pm
Well they are probably recognized by the police, however in this incident she was not recognized. Mistakes happen, what can you do?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 03:43 pm
crayon851 wrote:
Well they are probably recognized by the police, however in this incident she was not recognized. Mistakes happen, what can you do?
If it happened the way they say she made a big mistake.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:36 pm
crayon851 wrote:
Pay for them.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:46 pm
crayon851 wrote:

The thing is, she's been in and out of there most days for 11 years, and they continually act like they don't know her. Not that anyone needs to get punched over it, but that kinda ****'d bother me, too.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:35 pm
It's about race for me. I think we need about 20 more badass black women from Georgia just like Mckinney in congress.

Only without punching cops and better hair stylist.

"The punch heard round the world"
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:05 pm
Amigo wrote:
It's about race for me. I think we need about 20 more badass black women from Georgia just like Mckinney in congress.

No, make that just 19. We have our own "badass" who's pulled the race card so often her hands must be raw from the papercuts:

http://www.house.gov/tubbsjones/issues.htm

During the '04 election when the presidency was riding on Ohio's inner city Democrat vote, this broad's overt racism went into overdrive ... shameless pandering as if there wasn't a non-black constituent in her district ... and all with the DNC's seal of approval.

So racism's cool as long as it's against whites and hispanics?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:12 pm
If somebody choses to abuse crying race that is on them. Just like people of all races, religion, political parties will abuse anything. They only add to the problem and make it harder for the rest of us to find out the truth. To hell with those oil drunk Billionaires in Washington.

Cynthia Mckinney quoting Bobby Kennedy to Congress;

"There are millions of Americans living in hidden places, whose faces and names we never know. But I have seen children starving in Mississippi; idling their lives away in the ghetto; living without hope or future amid the despair on Indian reservations; with no jobs and little hope. I have seen proud men in the hills of Appalachia, who wish only to work in dignity--but the mines are closed, and the jobs are gone, and no one, neither industry or labor or government, has cared enough to help. Those conditions will change, those children will live, only if we dissent. So I dissent, and I know you do, too."
I wish I had said those words first, but I didn't. Bobby Kennedy did. But they are just as true today as they were then in 1968. Ultimately we have to choose what kind of America we want. Real leadership takes courage. And what America needs right now is real leadership. . ..Leadership to see what is wrong and then to try and right it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:12 pm
Amigo, it's a little disappointing for me - this whole episode with McKinney. Because not too long ago I remember being very glad she was raising the things that very few people would talk about in the halls of congress. I saw her as a good agitator for good causes.

The worst thing I will say about her with this latest drama is that I think she got things out of perspective to the degree that she is seeking the limelight for wrong reasons.

I'll say again - I think if I was a Congressperson for 11 years and got stopped often, as if they didn't know who I was, especially since you can count the black ones without running out of fingers, it'd piss me off too.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:39 am
In a way I think she knew what she was in for from the start. Yes, I agree with you.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 01:34 am
I agree that I would be annoyed that they didnt recognize a memeber of congress of 11 years, but thats still no way to react the way she did.

What if an individual who's intentions were to do harm to the members of congress was let through being mistaken for a member of congress? Better safe than sorry.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:23 am
Cynthia Quiz:

1. Where does Daddy Billy McKinney end and Daughter Cynthia begin?

2. Why do both of them hate J-E-W-S so much?

3. Why did Cynthia rely so heavily on Arab/Muslim funding in 2002, but decry the J-E-W money collected by her victorious opponent?

4. Why did Cynthia & Daddy file the lawsuit (tossed out) challenging the crossover voting she attributed to her 2002 loss? (See Ques. 2)

5. Why did Cynthia support every gay cause from 1992-2002, but has not signed on to a single gay issue since her return to Congress? (See Ques. 1)

6. Why did Andrew Young & Hank Aaron refuse to endorse her in 2002?

7. Do Cynthia & Daddy care about the liberal agenda of the Rainbow Coalition or is it really all about Cynthia & Daddy?

8. Is anyone really surprised she hit a cop and blamed it on profiling?

Bonus Question: Who most likely convinced her to finally issue "The Apology" to keep the Cynthia & Daddy show running another season?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:30 am
Quiz Answers:

Daddy & J-E-W-S:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A47064-2002Aug21?language=printer

Daddy & G-A-Y-S:

http://sovo.com/2006/3-24/news/localnews/
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:48 am
I think it's an impasse (except, of course for those motivated by smearing McKinney as thoroughly as possible). One side is acceding to the fact that she had no right to hit anyone. The other side is acceding to how it might tend to get under one's skin (no pun) to be constantly stopped when trying to enter their longtime place of work.
0 Replies