How Do You Load an Avatar Gallery?????

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 09:34 pm
I need help!!!!!

I am in desperate need of help. I have a Community Forums on my website and I need to load an avatar gallery. I haven't got a clue as how to do this and the help I have gotten so far did nothing but confuse me.

I need really detailed, step by step instructions. Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,907 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:13 am
Can't anyone help me? I am so frustrated! I can't figure this out.

Timber, where are you?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:52 pm
I can't help you with an answer, but if you repost this under "computers" you'll probably get more viewers.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:42 pm
flyboy804,

Oh man! I thought I did! Oh brother, no wonder I haven't gotten help yet! Thanx so much for pointing that out.

Geesh! I need some sleep.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:38 pm
Actually, this is a good place for this topic, as it's a developmental question. Computers is for problems with your actual hardware.

It would help if you included the type of forum you have, e. g. PHP, Invision, FUD or whatever, and what you have tried to do.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:45 pm
Thanx Jespah.

It is a phbb forum. I can't seem to load the actual avatar gallery (in a folder on my computer) to the Admin Panel in the Forums. It has something typed in there already but I don't understand what it is and where it's supposed to be going.

Also, someone mentioned something about FTP and I haven't a clue as to what that is. They keep telling me how easy this is to do but I just keep getting more and more confused.

This is a totally new area for me (being admin of the forums). I want to be able to provide my Angels with avatars they can choose from.

Where it says avatar storage path, it says this:

images/avatars/careangelsnetwork

Where it says avatar gallery path, it says this:

images/avatars/careangelsnetwork/gallery

I did not type that stuff in there. It was already there. Does that help?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:15 pm
FTP is file transfer protocol, it's a way to get files (usually a large number or very large files) from point A to point B.

As for the gallery (which is what the bunch o' avatars is going to be called), hmmm, try this http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents.php?mode=faq and go to #15.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:30 pm
Thank you, Jespah. I can't work on it right now, but I'm going to see if I can figure this out. If I am reading that correctly I need to make sure that my folder is at the end of that file name they aready have there?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:49 pm
Helfino. Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:52 pm
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif Jespah, you are a hoot!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:13 pm
FTP the images to the images/avatars directory in your phpbb installation and they will appear in the gallery.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:23 pm
Thank you so much for answering me, Craven but you might as well be telling me how to replace an engine in my car. Shocked I am clueless when it comes to what FTP is and how to load, etc. I have a folder on my desktop with the pictures but I don't know how to get it connected or whatever it's called.

I need instructions for dummies!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:30 pm
Here is s step by step tutorial:

http://www.ucc.ie/doc/other/howtoftp.html#win
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:32 pm
Thank you so much!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:36 pm
Note that I link you directly to the Windows section. Earlier in the page it tells you a good ftp client to use and the part of the tutorial I links you to tells you how to use it. So go to the top to get the ftp software.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 09:38 pm
Awesome! I think I can handle this!!! woo hoo!!!!!!
0 Replies