Do you see dead people?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:22 am
If we explained them, they wouldn't be mysteries.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 12:29 pm
Gus, I can't argue with that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 01:30 pm
I never argue with Gus (except about hosta).
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:08 pm
Things that we can't explain are simply things for which we do NOT YET the facts. That does NOT mean that they are supernatural in nature. There was a time when lightening was unexplained, but that does not mean it is a supernatural event.
Most if not all societies of the distant past explained illness in terms of supernatural causation. Today, we know better.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:27 pm
Concur, jl.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:46 pm
If there were a counterworld, someone might create the thread, "Do you see live people?"

I don't expect you to concur with this, Edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:54 pm
I have to see hard evidence of a counter world to contemplate it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:51 pm
Same here, E.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:47 pm
I don't see dead people but people who have died and appear to me in my dreams.

My best friend during the 80s and 90's. She died of heart failure last year and I hadn't seen her in about 6 years. She just was there, but younger, and she asked with a laugh, "Well, Pat, what are you doing with your life?"

When my mother-in-law died she appeared to me, very pretty, younger, and holding a gift box. With a big smile, she finished tying a pink bow around this box.

I know the meaning of what these people said, and they seem to know I do. My mother died when I was four, left no letter, note, cash, nothing. Maybe she went straight to heaven because I never heard anything from her.. It seems that some spirits hang around earth for a long time because they need to. According to the book "The Mercy of Thin Air" by Ronlyn Domingue there are rules that they must follow as "ghosts", a couple being they can't touch live people and they shouldn't touch each other. This girl died at about 24 and stuck around for 76 years. God, that was a good book.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:35 pm
Yes, Sunlover, for me the closet thing to ghosts are the dreams I have of deceased loved ones. But I think my dreams indicate that I need THEM, not that "they" (there is no "they" anymore) need ME.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:29 pm
sunlover wrote:
She just was there, but younger, and she asked with a laugh, "Well, Pat, what are you doing with your life?"

In general believing Islam says that dieth people don't say lie. Because they r in so serious world.Seeing someone as a young shows that she was accepted well in second life.

Living or dying, there r no so much differences for accepted people, furthermore their life is better than here.

Sometime they need our prayers for them to get high degree there. For example,someone hurted you. If he/she become accepted one, also he has problem about this bad verb in second life.. So if you forgive him,you release his soul and get better him.. like this...
0 Replies

Dazed and Confused

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
Re: Do you see dead people?
Green Witch wrote:
Preface:
So do you see dead people?

I can't see them, but I can feel them when they're with me.
0 Replies

Adele2473

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 08:38 am
I see my dead father in my dreams...i have never seen them when i was awake....i know he visited me, by certain things that occurred in my dreams.....
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 08:53 am
Well, I saw a dead person once. My Grandmother. It was exactly last week. Saw her once in a dream, but I think it had something to do with the fact that the night before I was listening in on my parents talking to my aunt about my grandmother.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 04:11 pm
I saw the Spiritually Lifeless when I saw my father several times, after he had died. (I was awake each time.)

Also, I saw the Spiritually Lifeful (?) when I saw my friend standing next to me. She had not died. I was standing in front of a window, looking out over my pasture, watching the sheep grazing. It was a very peaceful situation, but I was not asleep.

Occasionally, I can see my very alive daughter. She has lots of energy.

Speaking of my daughter, she sees dead people that she has never met previously. She calls them ghosts. It drives her crazy because her dog barks at the ghosts.

I'm wondering if this touches on "channeling"?

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:35 am
Many years ago I was returning from dinner with friends to my apartment on the outskirts of Nairobi. It was about eleven-thirty and had been a quiet evening with very little alcohol partaken. About fifty feet before the entrance to my complex a man suddenly appeared in front of my car. He threw his arms up as if to protect his face. I hit the brakes but hit him and he disappeared from view under the car.

We had been briefed by the police that in case of an accident we should not stop, but to go straight home and phone them. I very slowly backed up a short distance, but there was no sign of the man. I drove home, phoned the police and then, when they arrived, waited while they investigated. They could find no trace of him, or any sign of anyone being hit and there was no damage to my car.

A day or so later I was driving down into Nairobi when I saw a pair of nuns walking from their convent into town. I gave them a lift and got to talking to them about my experience. (The entrance to the convent was quite near to the spot where the "accident" had happened.)

I asked if an injured man had turned up at the convent. (As you can imagine I had not had any decent sleep since the incident and I was really worried that the poor man might be lying dead or injured in the bush somewhere nearby.)

The older nun told me not to worry, that it was Joseph, come for a visit. He had been a gardener at the convent and had indeed been killed on that spot some years earlier and every now and then he just appeared like that at the point of impact.

He wasn't misty or transparent, he looked very real and I will never, ever forget that look of horror on his face as he threw his arms up.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:10 pm
Sorry for jumping in here late. I had this experience which I outlined on another thread but this looks like a good place for it as well'

In late August of '97 my friend Larry and I got together on a Wednesday afternoon to play a game of tennis. We were in North Cambridge, MA and neither of us knew where the nearest tennis courts were. I pulled up to a cop who was directing traffic around a construction area on a small side street and asked him for directions to the nearest courts. Though neither of us said anything at the time, we both thought there was something weird about that cop. I'm not sure if it was the way he was dressed or his attitude but there was something. The cop directed us to courts only about a block away. I followed his instructions, turned right onto a driveway and , sure enough, we both saw 3 tennis courts. All 3 courts were occupied and people were playing vigorously in the left and center courts. It struck us both as odd that all the players were dressed totally in white. Larry and I both noticed an attractive brunette in the right court in a short white tennis dress preparing to address the serve (guys notice these things). I pulled my car into a parking lot on my immediate right. Larry jumped from the car and said, "where did the tennis courts go?" I got out of the car and said, "they were right here!" The courts, the small field on the left and everything we were looking at were gone! Instead there was a building that was not there when we pulled in. We looked all around but there was no sign of any tennis courts. Later I found out there were tennis courts there - but they were torn down in 1954! We somehow either saw ghosts or we traveled back in time.

And sometimes I wonder -- did they see us? Was the cop "real"? I may never know.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 01:52 pm
ive never seen a ghost or anything, but i have seen a small meatl cross levatate out of my hand, and i was looking in the mirror once and saw a bat over mt head and flapped round my hair, i looked up and it was gone.

both times scared the hell out of me.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 02:09 pm
My grandmother has seen my grandfather many times in their house since he died. The first time was the day after his death, but he has appeared to her many times since then. She has told us it is never at all frightening, that she actually feels peaceful, even loved. She has woken up at night and seen him standing by her bed, smiling down at her.
My grandmother is one of the most rational people I know, but she insists she's seen what she's seen. Myself, I don't know what to think. But they loved eachother a lot, and if he could find a way to come back to her, to be with her and let her know he still loves her and she's not alone, then he would.
0 Replies