New monitor-but no sound

timberlandko

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 01:48 am
Wilso wrote:
... I've got the right jack, it must be the power requirement.

That'd be my guess. Lemme know what happens when you get a power supply. You might be able to order one from your speaker's vendor website, but a good electronics seller oughtta have a generic one that'll do fine ... many are made to accept interchangeable power tips, accommodating a wide variety of applications, so finding one that fits your speakers shouldn't be too much of a trick (you might wanna take 'em to the electronics seller to make sure you get the right plug). You wanna make sure the transformer's voltage is correct, that the power supply is capable of supplying more amperage than the speakers will require, that the transformer's output plug fits the power-in jack on the speakers, and that the plug's polarity is correct.

And actually, half-way decent 'puter speakers are pretty cheap; might not be a bad idea just to bite the bullet and pop for new ones.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 05:26 am
Plugging the things in is actually going to be the biggest problem. They don't have a power jack. The power plug is actually on the speaker side. 16v DC positive tip. I think you're right about just getting some new ones. I'll have to get a six socket power board too. I'm already using 4 with the tower, monitor, printer and DSL modem.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:16 am
Bought a pair of speakers in Bangkok for $11. They work great.
0 Replies