Life On Mars & Religion?

Chumly

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 04:32 am
If the first religious stage is myth making, and the second stage literalist, and the third stage allegorical, is there a fourth stage?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 04:49 am
Chumly wrote:
If the first religious stage is myth making, and the second stage literalist, and the third stage allegorical, is there a fourth stage?

Eckankar!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:46 am
Re: Life On Mars & Religion?
Chumly wrote:
How are you and your religion going to deal with life on Mars, (assuming we find it) given that the popular creation theologies (that I am aware of) do not encompass Martian life.

I would sit back in my chair, sigh, and say, "Well, I wonder who went up to mars and planted that there!"

Then I would think, "Hmmm... I wonder..."

Then I'd lean forward in my chair and shout, "Hey snood! Come sing me a chorus of "feelings" would ya?"

Then I'd jump up out of my chair, do the happy dance, and probably never be seen at A2K again because I'd be too busy making up for all those years of "morality" that I had lived.

Bwaaaaaaaaa hahaha!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:49 pm
Cute!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:16 pm
Razz
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:33 pm
Don't all the dead females who have sinned go to Venus... and the dead males sinners go to Mars... and us non believers go to the Sun and get roasted ? or is a that just another myth?
Now if that's true I might become a Christian and wear a dress when I pass away... might get to Venus.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:48 pm
HEY! Lightfoot! That was one of those deep dark secrets that are only revealed once you are totally brainwashed into being a "christian"! You weren't suppose to say that in public! Mad

Bwaaaaaa hahaha!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:50 pm
Isn't that cool mythology. Cool, but twisted. I want a co-ed planet.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 01:47 am
I'm gonna talk to Neptune (king of the sea)

Everyone loves the king of the sea,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when children appear,
And how they laugh when he's near!

<opens can of tuna, peers through telescope, talks to Neptune>

Everyone! Send me all your money and I'll save you a place somewhere safe and out of the way when Neptune opens the Pearly Gates and the floods come forth again on Mars, turning the planet into a new Eden.
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:56 am
At least one Christian went on record on another forum I frequent as saying life on another planet would fundamentally shake his Christian religion. It would appear that some Christians exhibit the same jealous bone as their creator.

But I assume he would need to be shown intelligent life on another planet, not some simple paramecium.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 12:28 am
tycoon wrote:
At least one Christian went on record on another forum I frequent as saying life on another planet would fundamentally shake his Christian religion. It would appear that some Christians exhibit the same jealous bone as their creator.

But I assume he would need to be shown intelligent life on another planet, not some simple paramecium.
i think that most christians are so hard headed that it would have to take an alien to come down and smack them in the face to get them to disbar there god
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:38 am
I'll tell you what would be an absolute hoot is to reenact a modernized "The War Of The Worlds" radio show in a small US rural Midwest town. The radio show as originally aired did unintentionally panic quite a few people.

In the updated version you could have interviews with the aliens saying that god choose them way before man was even in existence.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:41 am
I think that you would find most of the town christians in their church with shot guns preying for god to save them too.
0 Replies

Ethmer

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:46 am
My religion has no problem in finding life, intelligent or otherwise, elsewhere in the universe.

i am not so self-consumed as to believe that only the earth can be inhabited by life OR that humans must be the most evolved species in the universe.

WE are all part of the Fabric of God, no matter where in the universe our physical bodies may reside.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:47 am
what religion do you belong to?
0 Replies

Ethmer

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:47 am
Click on the "WWW" link at the bottom of my post to view "A Search for Truth" which describes my religion.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:55 am
who and where did the religion spawn from? from the short over view it seems pretty decent.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 03:11 am
This part is very stinky
asearchfortruth.com wrote:
3) Science may not be able to substantiate Creation and Reality, as it is limited to the physical dimension, but neither can it refute that that is.
4) Because the blind man cannot see the moon does not negate the moon's existence or its effects upon the earth.
They are saying that because science cannot expressly disprove god it must follow that one can rationalize the existence of god, which of course is nonsense.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 03:13 am
This part is very stinky
3) Science may not be able to substantiate Creation and Reality, as it is limited to the physical dimension, but neither can it refute that that is.
4) Because the blind man cannot see the moon does not negate the moon's existence or its effects upon the earth.
They are saying that because science cannot expressly disprove god it must follow that one can rationalize the existence of god, which of course is nonsense.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 03:13 am
This part is very stinky

Science cannot refute that there might be a talking pig either.
0 Replies