COMING SOON!! The new --- Studebaker..?

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 05:03 pm
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/NewsPapers/BusinessWeek/Default.htm

It ain't the Studebaker we old timers recall, that's for sure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,310 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 05:24 pm
That's really obnoxious. The guy should be prevented from doing this.

I had the good fortune to take a ride in a Studebaker a few years ago when a friend test drove one she thought she might buy. Alas, she didn't. But I learned that there's quite a network of Studebaker owners. They should rise up in protest!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 05:25 pm
At least you can tell the front from the back! Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:16 pm
There seems to be a growing trend in SUVs. Where extreme ugliness is a direct correlation to price. Consider the HUMMER -H2 ( which was voted among the 10 most ugly cars of 2003) we have the DAS SUPER UGLICH MERCEDES, which is essentially a box, the LAnd CRuiser, The Ever leaky Rovers, although Rover, once the sole owner of the ugliest SUV is now starting to consider design elements. The UNIMOG, which is essentially a panel truck with 4 wheel drive, and the very very ugly Pontiac AZTEC. This one is so ugly that most people are afraid to go with their gut and admit it because it looks like all those indents on the front probably do something for the cars performance.

When I was a kid, my dad had a buick with the "4 little holes" on the side. I never understood what they were for and apparently neither did BUICK except that 4 holes were better than 3 holes
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:04 am
I remember those Buicks, farmerman. I thought the holes had some aerodynamic function, though my knowledge of cars (and physics) was shaky at the time. But the holes sure looked cool!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:08 am
The Aztec is so ugly it reminds me of your momma.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:32 am
Speaking of revivals, check this out:

http://nytimes.com/2003/05/04/automobiles/04RUSS.html

The return of the Volga V-12! Vvvrrrooom!
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 12:11 pm
Ewwww.. I thought my Dodge Grandcarvan was homely! All they did was take the brushgard off of the H2 and remake the back tailgate to read Studebaker. At least the PT cruiser Looks something of the car its supposed to be....

That Aztec, is just nasty.

That russian party car though, I think has a classy design.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 05:03 pm
The only car for me is the 1928 Dodge Victory Six that was the family car when I was about six years old. I would give a total stranger's left one to have such a car, in its original condition.
0 Replies

wayche

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:26 pm
I should say, that looks an awful lot like a (poorly) reskinned Hummer, not a viable product.

Many better things one could do with the Studebaker name, tho I suppose it's a slightly awkward brand by today's standards.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:41 am
That guy was just sued by GM over the Stude's resemblance to the H2.

I don't agree with Farmerman on the Mercedes M-class though. It's not that bad looking, and it's pretty nice inside, though the ride is rough in the backseat because of the truck suspension (single rear axel).

I saw an Aston Martin DB7 Vantage today on my way to work. Very schweet!
0 Replies

wayche

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 02:33 pm
I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to the M-Class, but actually the G-Class, formerly Gelandewagen.

http://cdn.channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/t/truck/lg1.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 03:34 pm
Correction to my previous post. I'm not really an Aston Martin kind of guy, not yet anyway. It was a V12 Vanquish, a $230,000 car. Hopefully this link works, I haven't had much luck with images lately.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/i/aic/b/03/vanquis1.jpg
0 Replies