"Brokeback Mountain" Out (sic!) on DVD April 4th!

BernardR

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 04:57 pm
Of course!!! The USSC will declare null and void all of the state constitutional amendments which were put into place after state referendums. Sure!!! Only in lala land!!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:19 pm
Just like the sodomy laws were struck down. But the debate doesn't belong on this thread as the film was not intended to be politicized. Suggest you start a thread in the appropriate section of A2K. This is the film forum.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:39 pm
Yes, it is the film forum and Brokeback is a political film. Anyone who denies that does not know what they are talking about. As a political film, it deserves a political response. I gave it!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:38 pm
I'm not going to fall for the bait because I've already read ad nauseum all the theories bounding about in the Internet about BBM's supposed poltical bent but they all read the same. An underlying fear that because of the films success, others of the same nature will begin to flash onto American's multiplex screens. Scares the Hell out of some people and we know who those people are.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:42 pm
I finally saw it!

What can I say? I watched it, and then Crash afterwards. I thought Brokeback was the better.

It was a beautiful film. I loved it.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:12 pm
I would be happy to watch some of the same type of movie as "Brokeback Mountain". After all, reality is reality. However, I do wish they would leave out the "fisting" sequences in any future movie of that type. Some lines must be drawn.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:31 pm
Face it, you need to go back under your mossy bridge. It's your future.

I think you do fancy yourself as a master baiter. Very Happy
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 10:31 pm
Are you the official censor or do you understand that alternate opinions are allowed?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 10:58 pm
Who's censoring you? You are quite welcome to make any comment you want. If you don't expect a retort, get thee back to Yahoo! chat.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 11:06 pm
Now you know noone can answer from under a mossy bridge. I never saw a mossy bridge, In never hope to see one, but I can tell you my friend, I'd rather see than be one!!!

I guess my problem is that I have not been to all parts of the USA. If I had, my understanding of the world might be more complete. I have missed exploring Greenwich Village, Key West, Market Street in San Francisco and and West Hollywood.

My bad!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 11:14 pm
Okay, now you're perceived as humble. I can't handle humble. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 02:59 pm
Actor Randy Quaid drops lawsuit over 'Brokeback Mountain' pay
Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - "Brokeback Mountain" co-star Randy Quaid has dropped a lawsuit over his compensation for the Academy Award-winning film.

Quaid had sued Focus Features and producers David Linde and James Schamus in March, claiming he was fleeced into working cheaply by the filmmakers' assertion that "Brokeback Mountain" was "a low-budget, art-house film, with no prospect of making any money."

"Brokeback Mountain," whose three Oscars included best director for Ang Lee, topped $82 million at the domestic box office.

Quaid had been seeking at least $10 million. His publicist, Susan Madore, said Thursday that Quaid decided to drop the lawsuit after his lawyers told him Focus agreed to pay him a bonus, which he wants split between him and other principal cast members.

Focus Features denied making any settlement with Quaid.

"The circumstances of him dropping the suit are as mysterious as the circumstances under which he filed his claim," Focus spokeswoman Adriene Bowles said. "Focus Features never negotiated, offered or agreed to any settlement agreement with Mr. Quaid or his attorneys, but we are happy to put this behind us, and do wish (him) all the best."

"Brokeback Mountain" features Quaid as a hard-nosed sheep rancher who hires Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal's characters, two young cowboys who share a summer of love while tending the flock then carry on a gay love affair for decades.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 07:37 pm
I knew the people who made "Brokeback" were weirdos. I didn't realize that they were also welschers. If they are smart, they will go to Key West when the make--"The Return of the Brokeback Cowboys". Then, they will have realistic backgrounds.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:39 pm
You are relatively blind, aren't you? Quaid had no case and that's why he backed out. Yeah, right, Ang Lee, McMurty and Ossana are all weirdos who happen to all three win Oscars. It's important to you if it's a second-rate boxing film like "Rocky," but when it's a film you haven't seen that you hate because of the subject matter, you fall into the hypocrite basket.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:50 pm
I saw the film with my six year old son. He didn't like it either.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:51 pm
Too bad I don't believe you.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:58 pm
You need to believe nothing. It appears that you do not allow people to have opinions which do not coincide with yours. I don't think the people who made "Brokeback Mountain" would approve of your intolerance.

Remember--Tolerance is the key word!!!! We tolerate everything!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:01 pm
Anyone who states they take their six year old son to a movie like BBM has to be a little twisted. I'm sure you were kidding but not that sure.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:24 pm
What's wrong with BBM? Are you saying that the movie was not wholesome???

Are you a bigot of some kind?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:03 pm
It's hard to understand why you are fixated on me -- you don't know what I look like, my age or if I would be remotely be interested. I'm not taking this in anything but good humor -- the question is, who is laughing a whom? I have a list of the best psychiatrists in your area.
0 Replies