Afghan citizen faces death penalty for converting to Christi

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:21 am
I suppose so - as save or unsafe as elsewhere.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:44 am
And today: Afghan Lawmakers Demand Convert Stay
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:22 pm
Eventually the most intolerant religion will win. In a few decades Islam will rule the world.

These mullahs really know how to control their faithful.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:34 pm
detano inipo wrote:
Eventually the most intolerant religion will win. In a few decades Islam will rule the world.

These mullahs really know how to control their faithful.

Might be - or not. I don't know.

But I do know that my ancestors thought similar about Christianity 1250 years ago.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:45 pm
Membership in Christianity seems to go down steadily.

Islam is getting stronger with every baby born in those countries. They have not much of a choice. You live there, you better be a good little Muslim.

43 24'03.37 N 80 22'06.24 W
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:33 am
March 30, 2006
----
CHRISTIANS IN AFGHANISTAN
A Community of Faith and Fear
Afghan converts to Christianity lead dangerous lives and must keep their faith secret to avoid persecution by police, Islamists or even their own neighbors. Members of this secret society have to constantly keep looking over their shoulders.
Many of Kabar's friends lost their lives during this period. "They tortured prisoners until they got them to tell them the names of other Christians. Then the Taliban would kill them and go in search of new victims." Why he himself survived, he doesn't know. He was taken prisoner twice and interrogated for hours at a time, but his persecutors could find no proof. "I knew the suras and the prayers from the Koran by heart. So I pretended to be a good Muslim," he said, with something like pride in his voice.
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,408781,00.html
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:23 am
It looks like that good man is mentally disturbed and a storyteller.
The German Rahman file, together with statements made by his brother, who has lived near Stuttgart since 1993, and a patient file from a clinic in Pakistan, tell a different story: that of the odyssey of a severely emotionally disturbed man who has been wandering aimlessly through the world for years, a man without a goal or a foothold.
The file casts significant doubt on widely propagated theories that Rahman is a man driven by his faith and willingness to become a martyr. Instead, the file depicts a man driven by his psychoses and paranoia.
This new information is also likely to dispel suspicions that an Afghan court's assertion that he lacked the mental capacity to stand trial was merely a pretext, in response to pressure from the West, to save Rahman from execution. In fact, there is growing evidence that Rahman is not always in full command of his faculties.
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,409650,00.html
0 Replies