Kansas just tipped off

jespah

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 04:14 am
Congratulations! Smile
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 07:48 am
That was an amazing game! Worth the bleery eyes this morning.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 07:57 am
Congrats, Tico!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:35 am
Thanks!

Hopefully I won't have to wait another 20 years for the next one!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:53 am
Wow..not a great game...but it was dramatic at the end. What mediocrity and poor decision-making on Memphis' part. Call a freakin timeout, fercrissakes? 10.8 secs to go and all you have to do is make your free-throws. With 2:12 to go and you have a 9-pt lead! How much were you guys paid to hand it over to Kansas?

Memphis lost mainly due to not being able to make key free-throws at the end. What an example of poor discipline. Doesn't this loss diminish Calipari's coaching star...even a little?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 11:50 am
I disagree ... I thought it was a very great game.

Calipari claimed they were trying to foul on the last play in regulation, but the video evidence reveals otherwise. No question about it ... Calipari was out-coached.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 02:29 pm
K.U. held on to beat North Dakota State, but it was too close for comfort -- 84-74.

Will they repeat? No, but I think they ought to make the Elite Eight, if not the Final Four. But they're gonna have to play better than they did today to do it.
Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 08:44 am
@Ticomaya,
It's really a shame that we're not having more NCAA March Madness discussion here. Not sure why 'cause I know we got the fans.

Big East is showing itself to be by FAR the strongest top teams and the best all around conference. Big East teams make up a full third of the teams in this round of the finals. Perhaps this version of the 16-team league is showing itself to be one of the best of all time as the tournament completes. Big East teams went a whopping 11-2 in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.
ACC had 7 teams in the finals but only went 6-5 and placed 2 teams in these two rounds compared to Big East 5 teams. There sure are a ton of dramatic finishes too. Great watching for us fans!

That being said, still Lousiville, big East's best team, has had the toughest struggle to the finals. The cinderella team, Siena Saints, (local to me in Albany) gave Pitino's team all heart failure. They should have a fairly easy time beating AZ on Friday as this AZ team was the last at-large team (#12 seed) picked to participate, but stranger upsets have happened.

I got to check to see if the following teams CAN actually advance this way, but my (non-earthshaking) predictions to go into the final 4:

Memphis
UConn
UNC
Louisville
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:35 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
That being said, still Lousiville, big East's best team, has had the toughest struggle to the finals. The cinderella team, Siena Saints, (local to me in Albany) gave Pitino's team all heart failure. They should have a fairly easy time beating AZ on Friday as this AZ team was the last at-large team (#12 seed) picked to participate, but stranger upsets have happened.

Allow me to be a homer here ... I predict AZ gives a pretty good fight. Despite the clamor about them being named to the tournament, and the many people who said they didn't belong, they have proven -- thus far -- those folks to be wrong. They are a good team, and we'll see if they can prove it.

I'd love to see Kansas play Arizona on March 29th.
Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 11:32 am
@Ticomaya,
Honestly I wasn't trying to bait you with any seeming diss on AZ chances. Thanks for your reply. AzSU hosts the West Regional at home, so they've a fighting chance (w/ healthy Harden). Maybe even a devil of a chance? As you might've seen from my participation in our A2K's NFL contest, I really enjoy sports. I really get into March Madness, especially this year's.

Louisville is deep in talent, but all players in this college game are still kids. Seems No. Carolina (w/ healthy Lawson and Ellington) is the deepest team left in the Sweet 16, but it's anybody's guess as to who will excell and dig down deep for the finals here.

I understand that the Final Championship Game is April 6 in Detroit-us. There's a seating capacity for more than 70,000 people at Ford Field. I can't imagine having a crowd that large watching and all viewers SEEING anything (other than w/ a football or baseball stadium), but so be it. Lots more $$$ for NCAA when added to TV broadcast (and any bit-streaming) rights.

Sure didn't hurt the March Madness publicity when Barack shared his "Barack-Etology". Hope Obama picks out a strategy for our sputtering economy better than he picks his potential winners.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 11:40 am
@Ticomaya,
Wait, wait...does ASU play in South or is it West Regional? Have I goofed?
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:34 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Wait, wait...does ASU play in South or is it West Regional? Have I goofed?

ASU played in the South, and have already been knocked out by Syracuse.
Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
So am I still confusing Arizona and Arizona State?
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:48 pm
@Ragman,
VILLA_____NOVA

VILLA_____NOVA

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 01:50 pm
X A V I-E-R

Go Muskies!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 10:17 pm
everybody wave bye-bye to the Memphis (over-rated) Tigers.

(and the dukies)

not a good day to be a 2 seed...
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 10:22 pm
@Rockhead,
VILLA-NOVA
VILLA_NOVA
Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 10:36 pm
@farmerman,
I miss Rollie...
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 05:26 am
@Rockhead,
Massimino made some dumb career moves after moving to UNLV and then getting caught in the side deals for pay. His career since Nova has not been stellar. He probably shoulda stayed at Nova and retired a hero.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 08:42 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
I predict AZ gives a pretty good fight. ...

Well, that didn't happen.
0 Replies