cicerone imposter

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:36 am
@mysteryman,
There's always two sides to every story; glad you shared the inside dope on this one.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:43 am
In other words, what the Republicans want to do is gut the commission before it ever gets started. Being wholly bought and paid for subsidiaries of the financial industry, they want the its budget under their control, rather than the Fed's, so it can be slowly starved of funding, the way they've starved other federal regulatory bodies, and they want a multi-person directorate whose appointment they can control, rather than a strong independendent director. They have made no secret of the fact they do not want it actively regulating the financial industry. Which basicallyt means the sharks will be free to trash our economy all over again.
0 Replies

roger

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 01:00 am
@mysteryman,
I would not mind seeing a timetable for accepting responsibility. Is there some time, or some event after which the Democrats are going to take responsibility for the state of the economy?
Cycloptichorn

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 10:07 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:

Also, you are misstating WHY they are blocking the appointment.

Bullshit. MJ was correct in his post above; the Republicans are blocking the appointment because they want to destroy the agency before it can get off the ground. They are opposed to it ideologically. They don't want the bureau to be run by a 'commission' and get their money appropriated by Congress b/c they think it will make it MORE effective; they want it because they think it will make it LESS effective, and so that they can effectively neuter it.

None of this is a surprise - the Republicans have been quite clear about the fact that they don't believe Wall Street needs oversight at all, and that they think the agency will 'hurt the business' of the very same companies whose foolish and greedy actions caused the financial crisis of 20o8. They've tried to add amendments to bills this cycle that would have effectively killed the CPFB 3 times already - and failed all three times. Not only that, Republicans (especially Patrick McHenry) have been incredibly rude to Warren, the Prez' nominee for this position, to the point of insulting her to her face over and over again during a House hearing, and calling her a liar to her face.

To pretend that they are somehow principled actors in this matter is the height of ridiculousness, MM. They are not. They are acting to protect their allies on Wall Street from oversight, because - as I said earlier - they don't want a cop on the beat. They want to protect the financial industry's ability to screw over people with trickery and lies.

Don't buy into their thinly-veiled excuses for their obstruction, MM. Please.

And I'll repeat my earlier statement - can you remember the last time the Dems announced that not only would they not confirm THIS candidate for a position, they would not confirm ANY candidate for a position? If the Republicans wanted a different setup for the agency, they should have negotiated better during the creation of it last year. But they refused to do so, because it was impossible for them to vote affirmatively on ANY bill Obama wants, and now are stuck with legislation that they don't like. This doesn't mean the appropriate thing to do is to keep ANY head from being appointed to the position. It is highly inappropriate to take the position that, if the minority doesn't like the way things have gone, they will block all business in perpetuity; but that's exactly what the Obstructionist Republicans have done this cycle. Democracy doesn't work that way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 10:10 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I would not mind seeing a timetable for accepting responsibility. Is there some time, or some event after which the Democrats are going to take responsibility for the state of the economy?

If you ask the American folks, in polling, who do you think they will say is most responsible for the problems in our economy?

I'm sure you know why I ask this question. It's not the Democrats who are somehow refusing to take responsibility for the economy, it's the country who still blames the Republicans and Bush for creating the mess - and rightly so.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 11:07 am
Looks like BO is cracking up.
http://socyberty.com/politics/white-house-insider-obamas-rage-over-netanyahu-meeting-what-the-f-ck-was-that/
H2O MAN

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:13 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
The essence of the president’s rage and embarrassment can best be summed up with him yelling out very loudly, “What the f-ck was that!?” That phrase was apparently repeated a number of times in the span of about five minutes, a time period in which Obama’s voice became “louder and louder” and culminating in Obama exclaiming, “Never again! Do you understand me? Never again!” Any response by Bill Daley back to the president, if given, was not overheard.

JTT

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
Were you in the room, Ren? If so, why do you just give the "essence", why not give the whole truth?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 11 Jun, 2011 03:11 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I just looked up the author of the article you posted as truth and found he is a lying Renaldo Dubois, I dident say sack of shite because I dident want to offend anyone. He dosent have an inside line to the white house and most of what he writes are lies, except for the ones about who has had a boob job lately.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:21 am
"political payback by the Obama Administration to the Big Labor bosses who spent hundreds of millions of dollars in 2008 getting Obama elected"
Quote:

The message from the unelected bureaucrats at Obama's National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) to American workers couldn't be more clear: sit down and shut up.

Last week three Boeing employees, with free legal aid from Foundation staff attorneys, filed a motion to intervene in the NLRB's outrageous case against Boeing for creating thousands of new jobs in Right to Work South Carolina rather than forced-unionism Washington State.

At the urging of the NLRB's Acting General Counsel, an administrative law judge has denied their motion to intervene -- effectively telling the workers, "You have no stake in your jobs."

Incredibly, even though the Acting General Counsel is seeking to force Boeing to move over 1,000 jobs from South Carolina, the administrative law judge ruled that the Boeing workers who would lose their jobs have no "legitimate direct interest" in the outcome of the case.

Foundation attorneys have already appealed with the full NLRB and filed a motion with the judge to stay proceedings until the Board rules on the appeal.

But rest assured, even if the Obama appointees stonewall on these requests, your Foundation will not relent.

We will pursue every opportunity in the press and the legal process to expose this case for what it is: the latest outrageous example of political payback by the Obama Administration to the Big Labor bosses who spent hundreds of millions of dollars in 2008 getting Obama elected.

"This is our Wisconsin," one IAM union official told the press, inadvertently revealing it's once again all about Big Labor's lust for forced dues.

Government-sector union bosses threw a tantrum in Wisconsin after Governor Scott Walker pushed for and ultimately signed a Right to Work law for most government workers, cutting off the forced-dues pipeline that corrupts the political process.

But due to South Carolina's popular and longstanding Right to Work law, IAM union brass can't seize a dime from the Boeing workers in Charleston.

That's why the IAM union hierarchy is asking the NLRB to move those jobs 3,000 miles away to Washington State.

And if that's not bad enough, if the NLRB rubber stamps this despicable union-boss greed, job providers across the country could be forced to get approval from union bosses before they expand their businesses.

It's a blatant attack on the rights of workers and businesses alike.

And as the economy continues to struggle, it's the last thing we need.

"If I lose my job, my family will be devastated," explained Dennis Murray, one of the Boeing workers seeking to intervene.

But Big Labor and the Obama Administration don't want Murray and other Boeing workers to tell their story.
JTT

Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:32 am
@ican711nm,
And that was Ican, reporting from Podunk, USA.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Sun 12 Jun, 2011 06:49 pm
This guy makes me laugh my butt off.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/269361/obama-s-road-nowhere-mark-steyn
cicerone imposter

Sun 12 Jun, 2011 06:55 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
You laughed your butts off, because Mark Steyn doesn't know what he's talking about; it's all blather with nary a solution for the current economic problems. That's easy! Easy to complain when you're not the one under the gun to find solutions for all that ails this country.

It shows you dont' have a clue!
okie

Mon 20 Jun, 2011 07:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You laughed your butts off, because Mark Steyn doesn't know what he's talking about; it's all blather with nary a solution for the current economic problems. That's easy! Easy to complain when you're not the one under the gun to find solutions for all that ails this country.
There is a solution to the problem. It can be summed up as all new people in Washington with conservative solutions and policies. It has worked before, and it can work again.
cicerone imposter

Mon 20 Jun, 2011 07:45 pm
@okie,
What has worked before? Tax cuts for the rich? You are ignorant of what's been going on for the past 30 years. The middle class and poor have been losing buying power even though productivity has been increasing. All the benefit of increased productivity has been going to reward the CEO's of companies who now earn 400 times the average worker in the same company.

GW Bush's tax cuts resulted in the worst job creation since Hoover. You do know who Hoover is, don't you? Yea, he was president during the Great Depression.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 21 Jun, 2011 07:52 am
@okie,
Imposter is the clueless one.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 21 Jun, 2011 07:57 am

Obama Fails to Justify the Legality of War in Libya
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 21 Jun, 2011 07:59 am

Obama Administration Fails On Promise To Put Solar Panels On White House Roof By June 21
ehBeth

Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:12 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
McKibben noted that solar panels at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue weren't an entirely new idea. In June 1979, Jimmy Carter became the first president to install solar panels, remarking that he thought the solar devices would remain a useful fixture at the White House well into the 2000s. But when Ronald Reagan took office, he brought in a new set of ideas about energy and quickly ridding the White House roof of the solar devices.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 21 Jun, 2011 08:19 am
@H2O MAN,
From energy.gov:
Quote:
An Update on White House Solar Panels and Our Solar Program
Submitted by Ramamoorthy Ramesh on June 20, 2011 - 6:11pm
[...]
The Energy Department remains on the path to complete the White House solar demonstration project, in keeping with our commitment, and we look forward to sharing more information -- including additional details on the timing of this project -- after the competitive procurement process is completed.
0 Replies