ican711nm

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
... explain why you wish to sue me. ...

... both parties of our government [have] known that the current trend in collections and spending is not sustainable, but they have done very little to secure its funding for the people now paying into it. You probably have a better chance suing the government of the US for mismanagement of the social security trust fund.

YES!
The issue is not who to blame or who to sue. The issue is how to solve the problem and determine who is more likely to actually solve it rather than fuss about who to blame or who to sue.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:57 am
@ican711nm,
This is what you said ican...

Quote:
NEW FICA ACCOUNTS WITH PURCHASES OF US SAVINGS BONDS THAT HAVE FOR 44 YEARS
AN ANNUAL INTEREST FACTOR EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 1.0422.

A US savings bond is a specific instrument issued by the US government.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwzGuseiIi0nLGFODcFiwDH3BDGT9p5sV0v7-84UgrcU81Dva-Eg&t=1

If you meant corporate bonds, then you needed to state corporate bonds.

Which then leads us right back to WHO guarantees those bonds?
ican711nm

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:12 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
This is what you said ican...

Quote:
NEW FICA ACCOUNTS WITH PURCHASES OF US SAVINGS BONDS THAT HAVE FOR 44 YEARS
AN ANNUAL INTEREST FACTOR EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 1.0422.

YES!
That is what I said originally. However, subsequently, I expanded my recommendation to include private Triple A Bond and Annuity investments.

While US Savings Bonds are reliable investments, private Triple A Bond and private Annuity investments are also reliable investments and should also be permitted because they often provide a better return on investment. However, the feds likes Americans investing in US Savings Bonds. Such investments cost the feds and our economy less per dollar than do fed deficits.
Cycloptichorn

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:20 am
@ican711nm,
Are you really proposing that retirement funds be mandated to be given to private companies, as investment?

That the wealth of individuals must be transferred to the coffers of corporations? And that this would be a good plan? Laughing

Cycloptichorn
plainoldme

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:23 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Hmm. . . sounds like the financial version of Romney/ObamaCare to me.

What makes these people on the right think anyone will save voluntarily? What makes them think many can save? Gee, I would love to save a part of my wages but that is like slicing bread and cheese so thin that they can be seen through and still expect such a sandwich to fill.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:33 am
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

This libelous post of yours...

Are we going to have an A2K libel case? That would be so awesomely cool. Can we have it in Hawaii in, say, July? We could all get together as character witnesses in ICAN vs CI.
Meanwhile I am really pissed at Obama who wasn't even born in the US of A filling out a bracket in the NCAA men's basketball tournament while there is all of this stuff going on in Libya and Japan which should have him sitting in his chair 24 hours a day and what really ticks me off is that is that he is in 76th place in the NY Times game which has probably rigged it because it is a known liberal rag going into today's games and my south-east bracket has been busted because UCLA and ODU both lost and he has now flown off to Rio where all of those beautiful near-naked Brazilian chicks hang out on the beaches while the rest of us stand in line to buy iodized salt at Jiffy-Mart where gas is $3.50 a gallon and it is all Obama's fault and it is just not fair damn it because this thing in Japan and the mid-east and northern Africa wherever that is is inconveniencing us.
cicerone imposter

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:20 am
@realjohnboy,
I'd enjoy a jaunt to Hawaii about now, and if I can pick the island, please make it Maui where my father was born.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Are you really proposing that retirement funds be mandated to be given to private companies, as investment?

That the wealth of individuals must be transferred to the coffers of corporations? And that this would be a good plan?

READ AGAIN WHAT I ACTUALLY POSTED!

While US Savings Bonds are reliable investments, private Triple A Bond and private Annuity investments are also reliable investments and should also be permitted because they often provide a better return on investment. However, the feds like Americans investing in US Savings Bonds. Such investments cost the feds and our economy less per dollar than do other fed deficits.

ALSO, YES,
I think it better to loan money to private corporations and have them pay me interest rather than loan money to the feds and have them pay me interest. The feds now are less able to pay me interest without increasing their debt than are corporations that profit on what they borrow while paying interest on it.

ALSO, YES,
I prefer that civilians profit more on my money when able, than do the feds profit on my money when able. Furthermore, I rather the Bill Gates and the Bill Lears of the world grow richer and invest their money as they think best for them, than have the feds invest our money as they think best for ?WHO? for other than securing our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness under the US Constitution.

Bill Gates and Bill Lear for example have provided many of us much stuff we want and enjoy, while the feds have provided us with much stuff we do not want and do not enjoy.

cicerone imposter

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:28 pm
@ican711nm,
What the assurance that private companies will fund future retirements?

The so-called investment experts are often wrong; who do they appoint for this responsibility?
ican711nm

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
Realjohnboy, sue cicerone imposter for damages done by his libel? What damage has Cice done by his libel? Cice's credability is too little for his libels to do any damage. All his libels continue to do is continue to demonstrate his self-deception.

Bye bye Hawaiian vacation!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
.......What's the assurance that private companies will fund future retirements?
........What's the assurance that the feds will fund future FICA?

………………~~~~~~~~!??!??! ~~~~~~
………………~~~~~~~~
(O|O) ~~~~
………………..~~~~~~
( ~O~ ) ~~~~
________________>X<_______________________
0 Replies

roger

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:05 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

I can't tell if you're being serious, or not. My point being that if there is a default of Treasury issues, of by the FDIC for that matter, there's not going to be enough left of our financial system for 'money' to have any meaning.
parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:05 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
However, the feds likes Americans investing in US Savings Bonds. Such investments cost the feds and our economy less per dollar than do fed deficits.

That is how the Feds finance the deficits ican.
The deficit is paid for with the investment in US Bonds.

Quote:
That is what I said originally. However, subsequently, I expanded my recommendation to include private Triple A Bond and Annuity investments.
Funny, since for that you were investing the money already earned after 44 years of investment. You state only this..
Quote:
A 6% annuity costing $284,281.67 with a payment factor of 0.06897386 can annually pay $19,608,00 for 35 years.

I am curious though where you can find a triple A rated annuity that is currently paying 6%. Anywhere? I can't seem to find them 4.5% seems to be the highest out there right now.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:07 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

READ AGAIN WHAT I ACTUALLY POSTED!

While US Savings Bonds are reliable investments, private Triple A Bond and private Annuity investments are also reliable investments and should also be permitted because they often provide a better return on investment. However, the feds like Americans investing in US Savings Bonds. Such investments cost the feds and our economy less per dollar than do other fed deficits.

That contradicts what you just said here..
Quote:

I thought I made it clear that the bond and annuity investments I've been recommending are in PRIVATE NOT GOVERNMENT INVESTMENTS.

So which were you saying ican?

Not that it matters because you numbers are wrong for either investment.
parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:11 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

parados wrote:

I can't tell if you're being serious, or not. My point being that if there is a default of Treasury issues, of by the FDIC for that matter, there's not going to be enough left of our financial system for 'money' to have any meaning.

Yes, but companies go belly up all the time with the a lot left of the financial system.

If we put all our retirement into private companies, who guarantees the retirement money under ican's proposal? Do we let those people that are unlucky starve to death or do we guarantee a minimum benefit which would be just like the current system?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:27 pm
@parados,
parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:33 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
Triple A Bond and private Annuity investments are also reliable investments

Sure they are..
Just like those triple AAA investments based on subprime home mortgages were reliable.
Triple AAA Failure
0 Replies

okie

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 03:03 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So..
Idiot RWers call for Obama to get involved in Libya. Then when Obama does get involved they attack him for doing so.
I never called for Obama to get involved in Libya. Is this another case of you making stuff up about what I've said, parados?
Quote:
You guys will do any thing and say anything. You don't give a damn about your country. Wrap yourself in the flag okie. It's the only thing you have it seems.
Seems quite the opposite to me. Apply your own words to yourself.
By the way, I do not wrap a flag around anything. It is meant to be flown, and respected.
JTT

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:41 pm
@okie,
Quote:
It is meant to be flown, and respected.

It's been used and abused like an old hooker, Okie, just as you have been used. Your taxes go towards supporting the torture, rape and murder of innocents. But that's just the American way and you're all for it.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:55 pm
@okie,
If the shoe fits okie then I guess you can wear it.