realjohnboy

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 06:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
Meanwhile, in IL today, the Supreme Court ruled that the name Rahm Emanuel will appear on the ballot for mayor of Chicago.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
My interest was kept throughout the speech by the slim possibility that he might say something that suggested he truly has realigned his viewpoint to a more central position.

I guess if he moved from the right to the center, that would be an improvement.
plainoldme

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:10 pm
@Rockhead,
We need to start considering what we are going to do in a post-industrial world.
cicerone imposter

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:11 pm
@plainoldme,
But most political analysts I heard did say he moved more to the right.
plainoldme

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The GOP tellS the American people they want to cut taxes and create jobs, but never explain how they're going to accomplish that.

The closest analogy to the Republican pattern is a middle school girl telling everyone she knows that she will invite them to her party, if she ever throws a party.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The infrastructure is not simply important for a growing economy. Maintenance of the infrastructure is something that is routinely ignored until pieces of bridge fall into the Mississippi River.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 27 Jan, 2011 09:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I heard the same and I agree with them.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 07:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
They lie.
revelette

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 08:03 am
@H2O MAN,
Report Card 2009 Grades

0 Replies

parados

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 08:07 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The argument here is not whether high speed rail or better internet connectivity are desirable, but rather whether additional government programs, funded by added Federal borrowing to support, them will aid our economic productivity or competitiveness - at a time where the burden of government spending at all levels is already limiting economic activity.

I think the answer is pretty clear.

I think the answer is clear too. You don't know what you are talking about.
H2O MAN

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 08:45 am
The events taking place in Egypt right now are what Obama has planned for the US.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 08:54 am
H2Oman says:
Quote:
The events taking place in Egypt right now are what Obama has planned for the US.

You mean democratic attempts to change an autocratic government?
He already did that in 2008. We won.
H2O MAN

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 08:56 am
@MontereyJack,
I mean how the government over there is reacting to the uprising.
parados

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 08:59 am
@H2O MAN,
Are you announcing you are planning to overthrow the US government squirt?

Can you say it a little louder for the microphone?
georgeob1

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 09:58 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
The argument here is not whether high speed rail or better internet connectivity are desirable, but rather whether additional government programs, funded by added Federal borrowing to support, them will aid our economic productivity or competitiveness - at a time where the burden of government spending at all levels is already limiting economic activity.

A very odd statement in view of the crisis unfolding in Europer today.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:05 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Quote:
My interest was kept throughout the speech by the slim possibility that he might say something that suggested he truly has realigned his viewpoint to a more central position.

I guess if he moved from the right to the center, that would be an improvement.

Are you saying that he has been governing from the right since elected?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:08 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

We need to start considering what we are going to do in a post-industrial world.

What do you think the post-industrial world will look like?
Cycloptichorn

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:08 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

parados wrote:

Quote:

A very odd statement in view of the crisis unfolding in Europer today.

A very odd statement on your part, seeing as the crisis in Europe has to do with speculative banking much more so than government spending.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:18 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

A very odd statement on your part, seeing as the crisis in Europe has to do with speculative banking much more so than government spending.
Cycloptichorn

You have described the problem as it exists in Iceland Latvia and Ireland., not the far larger, very different, and more ominous problems in Greece, Portugual, Spain, Hungary and even the UK and France.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:28 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You have described the problem as it exists in Iceland Latvia and Ireland., not the far larger, very different, and more ominous problems in Greece, Portugual, Spain, Hungary and even the UK and France.

The problems in those places largely stem from speculative banking as well. I mean, how could you not know this?

Cycloptichorn