Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:52 pm
@joefromchicago,
Awww.

Check this out!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:55 pm
So nice to have an adult in the White House again, instead of a testosterone-crazed perennial 15-year-old who thought the world was a video game shoot-em-up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
How could I be wrong?

I said you are an asshole...and you are.

Why you saying I am wrong?
maporsche

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:04 pm
@snood,
Do you say this every 4 years when America demonstrates the power of democracy or is it just because of Obama we should be proud?
H2O MAN

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

How could I be wrong?

Why you saying I am wrong?

Laughing
maporsche

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:06 pm
@Steve 41oo,
Me too...but this wasn't unique to Obama's inauguration, this same garbage is spoken every 4 years.

Good thing people don't actually LIVE what they say they believe or I'd really be in trouble.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:09 pm
@maporsche,
Snood can answer for himself...but my concurrence with what he wrote indicates something special in me today.

I honestly feel we…my country; my fellow citizens…grew up a bit today.

Frankly, I don’t that there is another country around that bridged a gap as large and deep as the one we bridged today.

Frankly, Map, I am proud of my country most of the time (we do **** up from time to time…and that doesn’t make me very happy)…but there is a special feeling today. I am delighted so many of my fellow citizens feel that same feeling.

And YES, every time we pass the baton...a certain pride swells in me. We are a young country...but not many of the ones older than we have as consistant a process in play.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Ahhhh...you agree that you are an asshole!

Good for you. A step in the right direction; a step in the direction of recovery.

Oh, you left that line out of your post...the one where I mentioned that you are an asshole.
H2O MAN

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Apisa = orifice surrounded by a muscle.

Please bless us with another one of your idiotic grammar lessons... please enlighten us oh brown eye.
Frank Apisa

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
C'mon, H2O...you were doing so nicely there...now you go and screw up and show that I am getting to ya!

You gotta do better than this. The kids at the playground think you are special...and you gotta live up to their expectations or you are gonna sorely disappoint them.
JTT

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:26 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Do you say this every 4 years when America demonstrates the power of democracy

That wasn't democracy four years ago, that was lock-step fanaticism. There's an awfully large number of idiots who can be frightened by any old boogeyman that the government dreams up.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:30 pm
The Obama White House site is up and running already! You can get E mail updates about what the administration is doing just like the Obama campaign site. It's the most state-of-the-art White House Website ever:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/
McTag

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:38 pm

That was one barnstorming speech. It'll take some analysing.
cicerone imposter

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:45 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard, Thanks for that link; I've already registered and included it in my Bookmarks.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:55 pm
@McTag,
Sentence for sentence, considering he's made so many speeches and coined so many phrases, will have to be analyzed by taking one's time. Sure there was no "stand out" line but I've found the most substantive statements made by great statesmen are marked by profound subtlety. He's got the luncheon speech, going on right now, which is basically a continuation and not always broadcast as I remember.
maporsche

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:57 pm
@Lightwizard,
It's not about the speeches guys...I'm waiting to see some action.
dagmaraka

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:00 pm
Biden is speaking about three co-equal branches of government ("co-equal"? wouldn't "equal" do?) -- the administration, senate, and the house...ummmm.... where's judiciary? isn't the senate and the house one branch?
bit confused.
spendius

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Why would a wart hog address a human Frank? A wart hog would only address another wart hog surely?

How would you address us on the subject of beauty? It's a fraught topic.

Had I just been elected and I knew that mature American males talked to each other in the manner we are witnessing here I wouldn't have made a speech like Mr Obama did.
spendius

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
And the (former) national anthems of Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzwelang, Russia, a couple of smaller German countries ... ... ... plus two handful of "patriotic songs" all over the world.

Well Walt- our Royal Family is of German ancestry. I would need evidence for Russia mind you. And our Empire never had the sun set on it.

It surprised me.

Another thing that surprised me was that Mr Biden was Mr Bush's veep for a few minutes. Why was that?
LionTamerX

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
@dagmaraka,
He probably meant to say the legislative, judicial, and executive branches, but got tongue tied from all the brandy he ingested to keep warm.