SearchCentrix Spyware

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 08:12 am
I found this malware parasite on my computer last night and ran my antispyware. It removed it, I rebooted and when I re-ran to make sure it was gone, guess what? Yup. It was still there. Confused

I tried to do it manually in DOS but the instructions apparently didn't work. I tried to remove it from the Programs file but none of the files that should have been there, were there to remove. I am at my wits end as it was f*cking my browser up.

How in hell do I remove this piece of crap from my computer!!??

Thanks so much in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,969 • Replies: 18
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 01:48 pm
try this webpage
http://www.scanspyware.net/info/SearchCentrix.htm
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 02:20 pm
Thanks but ScanSpyware didn't pick it up.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 02:23 pm
Hang on just a bit, Bella - ScanSpyWare is a known Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Application, not something you really oughtta try or depend on; essentially its a scam setup designed to get you to pay for an essentially worthless product that won't accomplish what a toolbox of free applications will accomplish.

A relatively recent variant of our old freind TwainTech/ABetterInternet, your problem is, as are so many of the current crop of nasties, particularly resistant to detection and removal.

Assuming your machine's operating system is WinXP (let me know if it is not, as adjustments will need to be made), I suggest you try the following to rid yourself of this pest (and of any of a number of freinds it no doubt has invited onto your system without your knowledge or consent):

If you choose to give this method a shot, you should print out these instructions, as the proceedure will require that your machine be offline for several of the steps. Be certain you understand what to do, and how and in what order to do it. If you're unsure of, or have trouble with, anything here, please ask before going on. Also, if any of the supplied links don't work, please let me know.

1. First, gather the downloads and perform the installations and updates as recommended. Just download, install, update and configure these applications, do not run them yet, unless specifically directed otherwise.

2. Configure Windows Explorer to Show All Files

3. Be certain you have the latest version of HiJackThis, and that it is installed to a folder of its own either in your Programs file or directly on your root drive. If you have already installed HiJackThis, be certain its in its own folder and not a temporary or desktop folder (to place HJT in its own folder, open Windows Explorer - Windows key + E - locate and select your root drive, the drive on which Windows is installed, and open that folder, right-clicking anywhere in that folder's blank space, select "New">"Folder", name the new folder "HJT", then download and extract, or if you already have the latest version somewhere else move, HJT into that folder). Launch the application, then, from its splash screen, choose "Miscellaneous Tools", or from the main start page, select "Config", then select "Search for updates online", confirm, and be sure your's is the latest version. Don't run a scan or fix anything yet. When running HiJackThis to scan or fix things, run it from its own folder, WITH NO OTHER BROWSERS, WINDOWS, FILESHARING, EMAIL, OR MESSAGING APPLICATIONS OPEN OR RUNNING

4. Go to Windows Update and check to make certain there are no outstanding Service Packs or High-Priority Updates for your operating system and/or Internet Explorer.

5. Run the online version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

6. Download, install, and update Windows Defender (Beta 2) (this is the successor to Microsoft Antispyware). Be sure to read, understand, and follow the download, installation, and update instructions available on the download page. Do not run the application's scan yet, just download, install, and update it.

7. Download, install, and update Ewido Anti-malware (the successor to Ewido Security Suite). Again, read, understand, and follow the download, installation, and update instructions available on the download page, and don't run the application's scan yet, just download, install, and update it. Note: when installing/configuring the trial version, do not select the automatic update or real-time protection options.

8. Download, install, and update Ad-Aware SE Personal. Just install and update it (when the program has installed, click the blue-green "Planet" icon, second from the right at the top of the screen, to run the auto-update function, and follow the prompts to update the application); don't run a scan yet.

9. When it has updated, click on the orange-ish "Gear Icon" (second-from the left at the top right-hand side of the window) to open the Ad-Aware configuration utility.
    • Under the "General" tab, all radio buttons should be green; if not, click to activate them.

• Click the "Scanning" bar at the left of the page. Under "Drivers, Folders & Files", only the "Scan within archives" button should be green. Under "Memory & Registry", all buttons should be green.

• Click the "Advanced" bar. Under "Shell Integration", "Move deleted files to Recycle Bin" should be green, and its your call whether you want to add "Scan with Ad-Aware to Explorer".

• Under "Logfile Detail Level", all 3 buttons should be green.

• Under "Alternate Data Streams", both buttons should be red.

• Skip the "Startup", "Default", and "Interface" bars for now.

• Click the "Tweak" bar. Click the plus-sign to open "Scanning Engine". "Unload recognized processes ... ", "Obtain command line ... ", and ""Scan registry for all users ... " should be green, "Run scan as background ...", "Ignore spanned files ...", and "Use permanent ... " may be left red.

• Click to open "Cleaning Engine". The first 5 buttons should be green ("Automatically check ...", "Always try ...", "During removal ... ", "Let Windows remove ... ", and "Delete quarantined ..."} should be green, the remaining 3 ("Suppress warning ...", "Suppress progress ..." and "Disable manual ...") should be red.

• Skip the remaining bars, click "Proceed", then close Ad-Aware WITHOUT RUNNING A SCAN.

10. With Ad-Aware closed, download LavaSoft's VX2 Cleaner Plugin, and install it per instructions found on the download page. read the instructions carefully so you'll know how to run the plugin when required. Do not run it, or Ad-Aware SE Personal, yet; just exit back to your desktop.

11. Download LSP-Fix. Just download it to a convenient-to-find place on your machine (A suitably named new folder your desktop is fine for now); it may or may not be needed, but if it is needed, you'll want to find it easily. Sometimes removal of yuckware will result in your not being able to connect to the internet. If this happens, LSP-Fix should take care of the problem. Be sure to read and understand (good idea to print out) the application's DOCUMENTATION so you know what to do if it becomes necessary.

12. Download, install, and update Spybot S&D. Just install and update it (when it installs, the program will give you the option to "Download all updates" - let it do so), don't run it yet.
    • When the program has been installed and updated, select "Immunize", click the green "+" plus-sign symbol at the top of the page to install Spybot's immunization, and follow any prompts.
    • On that same page, click to place a checkmark in the "Browser Helper to block bad downloads ... " button, then, from the dropdown below that, select "Block all bad pages silently".
    • DO NOT SELECT Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer" option at this time.
    • While you have Spybot open it would be a good time to read the tutorial available under the Help file at the top left-hand corner of the page. When done, don't run a scan yet, just close the application.

13. Download CWShredder, and unzip it to your desktop, but don't run it yet.

14. Download, install, and update CCleaner[/i][/u] per the instructions on the download page. Just download, install, and update it, don't do anything with it yet; we'll be using it a a few times later in this process.

15. Download, install, and update Javacool Software's SpyWareBlaster. When the update has completed, select "Enable all protection", and exit back to your desktop. SpywareBlaster does not need to be running for its protection to be active, but you should should launch it at least weekly to check for updates. Read the FAQ HERE

16. Update your own resident anti-virus application, but do not run a scan with it yet; just update it and close the application.

17. Now, per the instructions for your own resident antivirus and other security/privacy software, and with no other browsers or chat, messaging, or email clients open or running, DISABLE your resident anti-virus and other security/privacy software, then immediately go to TrendMicro HouseCall Free Online Scan and, per the instructions, run the free scan-and-clean process. If when it has finished, it reports it detected but did not remove something, please make careful, exact verbatim note of the item(s) reported - save it to report back here when the time comes.

18. When you have completed the TrendMicro scan-and-clean, locate and launch CCleaner, and have it run a full cleanup only (do not do anything with "Issues" or "Tools" at this time).

19. When that has completed, reboot your machine, and, with your resident antivirus and other security/privacy software disabled and no other browsers or chat, messaging, or email clients open or running, go to Panda Free Online Scan, and run the free online scan-and-clean available there. Please save the report it will generate when it has completed; we'll want to see that when the time comes.

IMPORTANT: DISABLE ANY OTHER ANTIVIRUS YOU MAY HAVE ON YOUR MACHINE BEFORE RUNNING ANY OF THE ONLINE SCANS. Also, if you have any popup blocking, adblocking, or actively running antispyware application, disable those as well; they can interfere with online virus scans. Should an online scan report it has detected something it cannot repair or remove, please copy the exact message received, being sure to note the entire name and path of any file mentioned, and save it to post here at the appropriate time.

20. When that has been done, locate and launch CCleaner once more, again running a full scan-and-clean only. When that has completed, Boot Into Safe Mode. The following steps are to be carried out in safe mode until the series is completed, and you are advised to reboot normally. If at any time during the process you do reboot, boot back into safemode before proceding with the next step.

21. While in Safe Mode, locate and launch your own resident antivirus and run a full system scan-and-clean with it. When that has completed, do not reboot.

22. Next, while still in Safe Mode, locate, launch, and run CWShredder. Select "Fix" and let it run to completion. When it has completed, regardless what it reports, run it in its "Fix Mode" again. Do not reboot.

23. When that has completed, and while in Safe Mode, locate and launch Ewido Anti-malware, and run a full system scan-and-clean. Have it "Fix" whatever it finds. Please save the report it will generate when it has completed; we will want to see that when the time comes.

24. When that has completed, and while in Safe Mode, locate and launch Windows Defender, and run a full system scan-and clean with it, having it "Fix" whatever it finds. Again, when it has completed, and while in safe mode, run it a second time.

25. When that has completed, locate and launch Ad-Aware SE, select and run the VX2 Cleaner Plugin per instructions. When the plugin has completed, run it again. Now, again without rebooting, or if you have rebooted, while running in Safe Mode, run a full-system scan-and-clean with Ad-Aware SE, directing it to remove everything it finds. Once again, without rebooting, run a second full-system scan-and-clean with Ad-Aware SE.

26. Following the second run of Ad-Aware SE, locate and launch CCleaner once more, and again run a full scan-and-cleanup only.

27. Now, reboot normally, but DO NOT ALLOW YOUR MACHINE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. If necessary, physically disconnect the cable between your machine and your internet access device or shut off your Wireless Gateway.

28. When your machine has rebooted, and not connected to the internet, be certain your own resident anti-virus and any other security/privacy software is disabled, then run full system scan and clean proceedures with, in this order:

• CWShredder
    • Ewido Anti-malware (Note: Again please save the report generated when the application has completed)
    • Windows Defender
    • Ad-Aware SE (Note: Please also run Ad-Aware SE's VX2 Cleaner pluigin once more as well)
    • Spybot S&D (Note: Have Spybot S&D "Fix" everything it reports found which it lists in RED, items listed in GREEN are non-critical and your call)
    • CCleaner

29. Now, reboot normally once more, and without allowing your machine to connect to the internet, locate and launch HiJackThis. Before running a scan, please have it generate a Startup List by going to the "Miscellaneous Tools" page, placing a checkmark in each of the 2 boxes next to the "Generate StartupList Log" button, then click the button and save the generated report. When that has completed, WITH NO OTHER BROWSERS, WINDOWS, FILESHARING, EMAIL, OR MESSAGING APPLICATIONS OPEN OR RUNNING, click the "Back" button, and have HiJackThis run a scan-and-save-log only - DO NOT "FIX" anything yet.

30. When that has completed, make sure your resident anti-virus and other security/privacy software are enabled, connect to the internet, navigate back to this thread, and post
    • The Panda ActiveScan Report
    • Both the 1st and 2nd Ewido Anti-Malware reports
    • Any error messages or "Could not remove" reports you may have encountered, if any - please report these verbatim, exactly as they appeared.
    • The HiJackThis StartupList Log
    • The HiJackThis Scan Log

You may find it convenient to click "Turn on email updates" down at the bottom right of this page; doing so will cause a notification to be sent to the address you registered with A2K whenever this topic receives a reply.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:02 pm
Ah, Timber, I know I can always count on you. Thanks....will try. Very Happy

But must wait til at least tomorrow or the weekend...will this thing just get worse over the next few days? Or can I wait til I have more time?

Oh and ps, I did not pay for that ScanSpyWear. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:15 pm
it shouldnt get worse?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:32 pm
Oh, its no more likely to get worse than any other untreated parasite.

Good you didn't pay for that junk application - what it (and its kin - there are almost more bad anti-yuckware apps as yuckware variants) does best is report false positives and totally miss well-known nasties.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:44 am
timberlandko wrote:
Oh, its no more likely to get worse than any other untreated parasite.

Good you didn't pay for that junk application - what it (and its kin - there are almost more bad anti-yuckware apps as yuckware variants) does best is report false positives and totally miss well-known nasties.

Guess I'm doin' it tonight.

Or maybe I can talk hubby into doing it today.... hmmmm...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 01:41 pm
Sad In order to get Windows Defender, I need to have all updates...and my computer won't take the Service Pack2 update.

I even called Microsoft and they told me to not worry about it since they were making a revised version anyway. Then I had Microsoft send me a disk to load it on and it still won't take it.

Now what?

Any suggestions on how to get SP2 loaded on my computer? Error message is:

Service Pack setup could not back up registry key HKCR\.DVR-MS to file C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\reg00013. 5: Access is denied

If I click "Ignore" it goes for a bit and then this error message comes up:

Service Pack 2 Setup could not back up registry value HKCR\.dvr-ms,\'PerceivedType,video\'. 5:Access is denied.

Then it just comes up as an error "Access is denied" and it doesn't install.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 06:23 pm
Well, for now,skip Defender, just do what you can of the rest, and lemme know how it goes.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:06 pm
BTW - the problem you're having with SP2 is not unique - its come up a few times in some forums I frequent. A possible workaround set can be found HERE.

My suggestion: since you have the SP2 install disk, try booting to safe mode, logging on as Administrator, and running the Service Pack install that way. If it works, fine, if it doesn't, forget it for now, don't bother with the suggested Command Line solution - its a Registry edit, and it should work fine if the directions are followed exactly, with no misstyping, but you really don't wanna do anything wrong there, as that can spectacularly screw things up. Its Miscrosoft's problem, really, and in those sorta deals, usually if you make enough noise, they'll eventually sort it out for you.

A second BTW - when you say you were talking to Microsoft, was it generic Windows XP support, or was it specifically Service Pack 2 support? They're 2 different things, and there's every reason to suspect general WinXP support would be clueless about an SP2-specific issue.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:05 am
Ok, so I downloaded all the componenets. It was 10:30 by the time I did all that so I went to bed. I will run and finish the process tonight.

I hope that doing that, I didn't mess things up some how....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:23 am
Nahhh ... you should be fine. And lemme know if you run into anything else.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:52 am
Well, last night after I went to bed, my husband thought it might be nice to fix my computer for me (he has his gaming one and I have my normal one). What a sweet gesture.

He pretty much took everything off. I was almost done running everything. I had the logs. But they are gone, along with everything else. He was like "What the heck was all that stuff? No wonder you have problems!" and I said "That's what I was cleaning it with!" Laughing

However, we did run an antispyware scan again and it seems to be gone. The last cuple times I ran it, it would catch it, remove it. I'd reboot and when I re ran the scan, it would be back. But this time, when we re scanned, it was gone. Yeah!

My question is whether or not that means it is actually gone or if it could have gone into hiding.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:41 am
Laughing - big help, huh? Well, if you would, please, let me see a HiJackThis log, prefereably run first thing after a fresh boot.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:51 am
Did I really spell "couple" "cuple"? Nice.

Anyway, I will have to reload it and rerun it tonight.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:20 am
The current crop of nasties hide bits and pieces of themselves all sortsa places, enabling them either to avoid detection of their core components or to rebuild themselves if components are found and dealt with. Some of the stuff he so helpully got rid of prolly oughtta be reinstalled; it forms the layered defense you need to stay safe out there on the web today.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:06 pm
AHHH, it's BACK!!! Evil or Very Mad

Ok, here it is.
Startup list:

StartupList report, 3/17/2006, 7:58:51 PM
StartupList version: 1.52.2

==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgwb.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Kristie Huren\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\Kristie Huren\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3_ Cape Typhoon Registration.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Kristie Huren\Local Settings\Temp\{7844CFC8-F910-4544-A616-B197E5F93BBE}\{EA926717-CE5A-4CB4-AB21-9E6E9565A458}\ATR1.exe

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

TkBellExe = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
Dell Photo AIO Printer 922 = "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe"
QuickTime Task = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
gcasServ = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
ViewMgr = C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
AVG7_CC = C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

(Default) =

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Sonic RecordNow! =

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\System32\scrnsave.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
(no name) - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\RealBar.dll - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D}
(no name) - (no file) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB}
(no name) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBarBHO.dll - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

ISP signup reminder 1.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Director\SwDir.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

[Citrix ICA Client]
InProcServer32 = C:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\icaweb32\WFICA.OCX
CODEBASE = https://csg2-rmhi-jrny.rmhitv.com/rainbow/cds/ICAWEB/en/ica32/ica32t.exe

[Symantec AntiVirus scanner]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\avsniff.dll
CODEBASE = http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab

[CWebsiteViewer Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\WebsiteViewer.ocx
CODEBASE = https://csg2-rmhi-jrny.rmhitv.com/WebsiteViewerRoot/WebsiteViewer.cab

[YInstStarter Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\yinsthelper.dll
CODEBASE = http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst20040510.cab

[Snapfish Activia]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SnapfishActivia1000.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab

[Malicious Software Removal Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\WebCleaner.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/d/b/bdb4e4ee-63b2-45ff-9d84-33205bf43143/WebCleaner.cab

[{4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21}]
CODEBASE = http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,84/mcinsctl.cab

[MSN Photo Upload Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\MsnPUpld.dll
CODEBASE = http://by108fd.bay108.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab

[Symantec RuFSI Utility Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\rufsi.dll
CODEBASE = http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab

[Ofoto Upload Manager Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\axofupld.dll
CODEBASE = http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_1/axofupld.cab

[{94B82441-A413-4E43-8422-D49930E69764}]

[MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.ocx
CODEBASE = http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab

[{B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999}]
CODEBASE = http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yab_af.cab

[Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\YDropper.dll
CODEBASE = http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/ydropper/ydropper1_6us.cab

[{BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389}]
CODEBASE = http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,21/mcgdmgr.cab

[PhotosCtrl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YPhotos.dll
CODEBASE = http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab

[PopCapLoader Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\popcaploader.dll
CODEBASE = http://www.popcap.com/games/popcaploader_v6.cab

[Gateway Client for MetaFrame]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CSGProxy.dll
CODEBASE = https://csg2-rmhi-jrny.rmhitv.com/rainbow/cds/CGC/en/CSGProxy.cab

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

End of report, 9,240 bytes
Report generated in 0.485 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only

And hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:59:44 PM, on 3/17/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgwb.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Kristie Huren\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts file is located at: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\RealBar.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBarBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\RealBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell Photo AIO Printer 922] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - Startup: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3_ Cape Typhoon Registration.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Kristie Huren\Local Settings\Temp\{7844CFC8-F910-4544-A616-B197E5F93BBE}\{EA926717-CE5A-4CB4-AB21-9E6E9565A458}\ATR1.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\INETREPL.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\INETREPL.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\INETREPL.DLL
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: {238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3} (Citrix ICA Client) - https://csg2-rmhi-jrny.rmhitv.com/rainbow/cds/ICAWEB/en/ica32/ica32t.exe
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {2E687AA8-B276-4910-BBFB-4E412F685379} (CWebsiteViewer Object) - https://csg2-rmhi-jrny.rmhitv.com/WebsiteViewerRoot/WebsiteViewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,84/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by108fd.bay108.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750200-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Ofoto Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_1/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {94B82441-A413-4E43-8422-D49930E69764} -
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {BAC01377-73DD-4796-854D-2A8997E3D68A} (Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/ydropper/ydropper1_6us.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,21/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.com/games/popcaploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {EBC1356E-7D5E-44EC-831D-847882F06FE5} (Gateway Client for MetaFrame) - https://csg2-rmhi-jrny.rmhitv.com/rainbow/cds/CGC/en/CSGProxy.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: dlbt_device - Dell - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dlbtcoms.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: STOPzilla Local Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\szntsvc.exe (file missing)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:52 am
Per the instructions in THIS POST, Download, install, and update Ad-Aware SE Personal and its VX2 Cleaner Plugin, Ewido Anti-malware, LSPFix, Spybot S&D, CWShredder, and CCleaner, if they have been deleted. Don't run them yet, just make sure you have them and that they are current and properly configured.

Go HERE and download smitrem.exe - read and undertand the instructions - good idea to print them out. When it has downloaded, double-click the fike to extract it. Don't use it yet, just download it to a desktop folder and know where it is and how to use it when the time comes.

Make sure Windows Explorer is configured to Show All Files

Please put HiJackThis in its in its own folder and not a user-specific or temporary or desktop folder (to place HJT in its own folder, open Windows Explorer - Windows key + E - locate and select your root drive (typically "Local Drive C:\ ), the drive on which Windows is installed, and open that folder, right-clicking anywhere in that folder's blank space, select "New">"Folder", name the new folder "HJT", then move HJT into that folder. Launch the application, then, from its splash screen, choose "Miscellaneous Tools", or from the main start page, select "Config", then select "Search for updates online", confirm, and be sure your's is the latest version. Click "Back to return to HJT's "Scan" page, and run a scan WITH NO OTHER BROWSERS, WINDOWS, FILESHARING, EMAIL, OR MESSAGING APPLICATIONS OPEN OR RUNNING. When the scan has completed, place a checkmark in the boxes for the following entries ONLY (if found):

O1 - Hosts file is located at: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
O2 - BHO: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\RealBar.dll
O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBarBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\RealBar.dll
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O23 - Service: STOPzilla Local Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\szntsvc.exe (file missing)

Then click "Fix Checked" and confirm. It is important no browsers or other applications are running when you "Fix" with HJT.

When the "Fix" has completed, go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Look for, and if present, uninstall anything containing the name "Viewpoint" and "STOPzilla!"

When that has been done, using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files, look for and if found delete the folders named "Viewpoint" and "STOPzilla!".

Next, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files and again look for, and if found delete, the folders named "Viewpoint" and "STOPzilla!".

Now, locate and launch CCleaner, and run a full system scan-and-clean with it, then reboot into safe mode. Locate and launch smitrem.exe by double-clicking the RunThis.bat file. Follow the prompts and allow it to complete. If the machine has more than one registered user, the process should be repeated for each user. It isn't necessary to reboot, you can just go to Start>Log Off>Log Off, then log on as the next user untill you have run through all users. When it has been run for all users, repeat the entire process, still in safe mode, running it aghain for each user.

When smitrem.exe has completed for all users the second time, reboot normally, and, with your resident antivirus and other security/privacy software disabled, go to eTrust Online Scan. Allow the installation of the ActiveX control, then be patient as the necessary files are downloaded to your machine. When the setup is complete, you'll see a tree of drives and folders on your machine; place a checkmark in "My Computer" to select all, then Read and understand the FAQ. When ready, click "Start Scan" and allow the scan to run to completion - which could take a while, then take the appropriate action per the FAQ. Should the scan report it has found something but cannot "Cure" it, and you are uncertain whether you should delete it or not, post the full name and path of the questioned item when you return to this thread. Generally, if it can't "Cure" a file on which it alerted, the best thing to do is attempt to delete that file, but again, if unsure, ask here.

When that has been completed, reboot into safe mode, and per the earlier instructions, run CWShredder, Ewido Anti-malware (please be sure to save the log from the first run), Ad-Aware SE Personal's VX2 Cleaner Plugin then Ad-Aware SE Personal, and Spybot Search-and-Destroy. Run each at least twice while in safe mode, and before rebooting, run a full scan-and-clean with CCleaner.

Reboot normally, run Ewido Anti-Malware, saving the report, then run Ad-Aware SE Personal's VX2 Cleaner Plugin followed by a scan-and-clean with Ad-Aware SE Personal, then finish with Spybot S&D; all should come up clean, but if not, allow them to clean whatever if anything they find.

Run CCleaner once more, but this time, before runing the cleanup, first select "Issues" (the scan may take a few minutes), click "Fix Issues, "Fix All Issues, confirm, perform the backup it offers to make (note the location into which it places the backup - it should place it in your "My Documents" folder by default), then run the cleanup and reboot normally.

Immediately after rebooting, run a scan-and-save-log-only with HJT.

Make sure to re-enable your resident antivirus and other security/privacy software, navigate back here, post the 2 Ewido logs, the HJT log, and anything eTrust didn't handle for you.
0 Replies