rainsft rocks

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:15 pm
i bought my rainsoft system last year and it was the best investment my family ever made.my skin is softer my family actually will drink the water now.service has always been done properly and the system works great . i wish i had of gotten this sooner. i think everyone should have one in their home .

nat oshawa ont canada Cool Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,479 • Replies: 20
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:21 pm
Very Happy Yep, a properly functioning water system is a great thing to have in your home.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:35 pm
I smell a rat....
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:21 am
You took the words right out of my mouth.
0 Replies

scully29

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 08:10 pm
seriously
I really do love my system , it did cost abit but it was well worth it since it will be with us for a very long time , I seriously think that one day all homes will have to have some form of water treatment in them.
Water is getting worse by the year,
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:04 am
You'll find, if you look at the data, that's not really true in most places - we just know more about what's in the water. Softening is really only necessary for cleaning, preventing pipe blockage, etc. - you shouldn't drink it. Your body doesn't need the extra sodium. Hard water is MUCH better for your teeth and bones - calcium and magnesium.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:06 am
It is crap
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:09 am
"It" being exactly what, gus?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:57 pm
AliceInWonderland wrote:
Softening is really only necessary for cleaning, preventing pipe blockage, etc. - you shouldn't drink it. Your body doesn't need the extra sodium.

The benefits of softened water:

* Water heating efficiencies may be increased by up to 29% with gas and 22% with electricity.
* Pipes don't clog due to mineral buildup increasing the plumbing systems life and performance.
* Soaps and detergents lather better and work more efficiently.
* Many appliances last longer, perform better and stay clean longer.
* Soap residue on clothes is reduced. Clothes look better and last longer.
* Soap scum and hard water spots are reduced - less time cleaning.
* Skin and hair rinse better for a cleaner look and feel. What a relief for dry itchy skin!

Reverse osmosis and distillation are great methods to reduce excess sodium.

AliceInWonderland wrote:
Hard water is MUCH better for your teeth and bones - calcium and magnesium.

Minerals in water are dissolved rock - the human body is not set up to assimilate calcium and magnesium in this form - kidney and gall stones are common with hard water consumption.

Watching the food you eat (your diet) is MUCH better for your health.
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:09 pm
I do agree with all of your benefits list - I was being overly simplistic.

While minerals in hard water are not, to a great degree, assimilated by our bodies, drinking hard water does prevent the stripping of minerals that occurs with water that is too clean, such as RO water. Softened and RO water are very "hungry" (nice, non-tech term) for minerals and will take them from whatever they come in contact with, whereas hard waters are much less aggressive. RO is a wonderful way to go for super-clean water, particularly if there are undesirable contaminants in your water. However, home RO units operate on such low pressure that water that is softened then run through RO can still be pretty high in sodium since RO preferentially reduces higher valence level ions. Anyone drinking RO should be taking mineral supplements to replace what it will strip.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:39 pm
AliceInWonderland wrote:

While minerals in hard water are not, to a great degree, assimilated by our bodies, drinking hard water does prevent the stripping of minerals that occurs with water that is too clean, such as RO water. Softened and RO water are very "hungry" (nice, non-tech term) for minerals and will take them from whatever they come in contact with, whereas hard waters are much less aggressive. RO is a wonderful way to go for super-clean water, particularly if there are undesirable contaminants in your water. However, home RO units operate on such low pressure that water that is softened then run through RO can still be pretty high in sodium since RO preferentially reduces higher valence level ions. Anyone drinking RO should be taking mineral supplements to replace what it will strip.

I have read all about minerals being stripped away, but I have been drinking aggressive water (steam distilled, Swiss Ceramic filtered and some RO)
for about 20 years without any negative health effects and I don't take any vitamins. Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated :wink:
0 Replies

gparlo

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 05:40 pm
cleaning the rainsoft system
how do you clean the tank? The owners manual is extremely vague and does
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:32 pm
Re: cleaning the rainsoft system
gparlo wrote:
how do you clean the tank? The owners manual is extremely vague and does

If you are unable to flip the tank over and rinse it out you will need to siphon the dirt out with a hose.
0 Replies

WaterBaby

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 12:07 pm
Did you know that there is more sodium in a slice of bread than there is in a gallon of conditioned water?
0 Replies

WaterWolf

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 04:21 am
Alice drank the wrong drink! OFF WITH HER HEAD!!
Water is for hydration(carry oxygen and nutrients) and elemination ( carry waste and toxins out)

The food that we eat delivers all of our "minerals".
Either we eat plants of the earth or the animals the consume those plants.
0 Replies

satman67

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:45 pm
yeah until the electric goes out and your timer is off, then you'll be taking a shower in hard water because the system will regenerate at a different time than normal. and what kind of warranty did you get with this awesome softener i hope you don't believe it is a lifetime warranty. read the fine print.
not to many companies will give a warranty that great on eletric components.
and what exactly are the upgrades from two years ago or even four not much same microprocessors and valves. good luck on your investment.
but make sure you have the service tech's personal number.
0 Replies

satman67

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:47 pm
simple wait until you get low on salt unhook the brine line and dump it
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:54 pm
Hope you have better luck with it than others.

http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/88551.html
0 Replies

Trigger man

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 01:30 pm
Hi all,

I loved my Rainsoft System for the first year or so. Soft water, great taste, coffee, tea, whatever was great....
Then it needed service....... 65.00 for the first 15 minutes then 45.00 for the next 15 minutes after that....
As for the warranty, yes it is a lifetime warranty.... on the tanks, I read the fine print when I purchased it..... was assured the timers and valves last a long time.......blah blah blah......
I'll put the Fleck valves on it and hope it last longer than 2 years.
If I had it to do again, I would not buy Rainsoft.
The Eco system or some other similar product would be a better value.
My cost, with a discount, as my son was a phone solicitor for them.....

$5500.00.................down the drain....... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

satman67

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 08:56 pm
man what a rush
so many people have money to throw down the drain, do me a favor look up kinetico online read their warranty, it will make your heart skip a beat.
10 years on everything including the resin. and check into their under the sink RO systems. best water you can get. kinetico might be a little more but guess what, in five years after buying a electric system you have no warranty and repair bills replace on timer and your down bout 150.00
after 5 with kinetico you still have 5 years remaining. i would put this system up against any competitor and bet what ever you want to challenge it.
kinetico.com good luck
0 Replies