Wow, 72 beautiful houris for you.

Perplexed

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 04:37 pm
Nope, never, in person at least. But I have spoken with some people who could understand why they (and other terrorists) were so upset, they supported the ideology, but not the use of violence to advance it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 04:42 pm
That's good news.

You are so informative! A patient teacher.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 04:47 pm
Lash wrote:
That's good news.

You are so informative! A patient teacher.
haha, awwwwww thank you! That was very sweet Smile
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 08:53 pm
Perplexed, may Allah be pleased with you and reward you! Smile

As for regarding your views of Islamic being a violent religion; this is not justified by the verses someone cut and pasted to make it seem like they all have the same message. For infact Islam teaches us to be peaceful with those who did not try to harm us:

God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just. (Surat al-Mumtahana: 8)

Furthermore, Islam persues the idea that we should work together (Jews and Christians) to one common aim and faith.

O People of the Book! Let us rally to a common formula to be binding on both us and you: That we worship none but God; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than God. (Surat Al 'Imran, 64)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:25 pm
So, you just ignore the mean ones that say you can kill people?
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:31 pm
Lash wrote:
how is that different from what I said?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:57 pm
Mohammed didn't get his message from God. Gabri-el is a messenger from the Paternal God El of Canaan. His name suggests. God El is the Father of 70 Canaanite gosd and godesses among them was Yahweh, the god of Isra-el. See even Isra-el suggests it is a country of the Paternal God El.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:04 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Mohammed didn't get his message from God. Gabri-el is a messenger from the Paternal God El of Canaan. His name suggests. God El is the Father of 70 Canaanite gosd and godesses among them was Yahweh, the god of Isra-el. See even Isra-el suggests it is a country of the Paternal God El.
Not in their belief.

You're arguing that someone's definition of a spiritual being is incorrect, while (correct me if I'm wrong) also claiming that that sort of being doesn't exist? does that make sense?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:58 pm
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:

I was asking Raul if that's what HE does.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:33 pm
Lash wrote:
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:

please, excuse my mistake...
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:47 pm
Lash wrote:
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:

Exactly.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:18 am
By God I meant a monotheistic God. The messenger Gabri-el is a messenger from a polytheistic God El
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:59 am
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:

No problem. It's my fault for not making it clear.

Raul--

So, how do you feel about the riots related to the cartoons in Europe--and the cartoons themselves--and women wearing burkas? If you don't mind answering.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:27 pm
Lash wrote:
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:
Perplexed wrote:
Lash wrote:

No problem. It's my fault for not making it clear.

Raul--

So, how do you feel about the riots related to the cartoons in Europe--and the cartoons themselves--and women wearing burkas? If you don't mind answering.
It's so complicated..... I don't think the dutch should have held the contest to say something hateful about anyone, but once it was a news event and already had been published I think they should have been shown on the news so everyone could know what they were so upset about. I think having riots over a cartoon in another country is insane, but I support those that peacefully protested.

As for the burqa, there are different forms from different countries, ranging from the full on black sheet (the burqa) to a simple head scarf (Hijab), and lots of stuff in between. I personally think that general commandment is to dress modestly, and if you can dress modestly in westtern clothes there's no reason not to. But it's her choice, that it be the woman's choice is of course the most important thing.
0 Replies